Summer 2022 Transfer Window

2 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Tobias lauritsen got a fucking shite record. Who genuinely thinks these guys are good enough for Aberdeen , the fact we’re offering 125k for dunne is utter madness as well.

Maybe we are targeting guys like Lauritsen and Dunne as there is probably more chance of them signing for a club like ours.

Whether you like it or not top players aren't going to be banging on the door of the team that's just finished 3rd bottom placed of the Scottish Premiership

11 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Putting him and The D.O.C on ignore is a game changer ??

You've been on my ignore list since fuckin may 22nd! Bliss!

3 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Maybe we are targeting guys like Lauritsen and Dunne as there is probably more chance of them signing for a club like ours.

Whether you like it or not top players aren't going to be banging on the door of the team that's just finished 3rd bottom placed of the Scottish Premiership

I don't really understand the move for Dunne... never really seemed to stand out when we played them, never seems to have got much plaudits over his performances... really odd that we seem to be pursuing him so much. The other guy, Conor McCarthy actually did impress me a few times we played them and seemed to have a better reputation, and I think he's out of contract - I would've thought he was the more obvious target. 

I'm resigned to the players coming in being a hit and miss bunch again like it is most seasons - you can get away with that a bit when you're starting from a good position and bringing in say 4 new players (and 2 of them end up being successes). But if you're starting from where we are at the moment, bringing in say 8 players (and only 3 or 4 end up being any use) then it's got all the makings of another painful season.

I like to think I'm fairly balanced in my outlook and realistic about things - I do wonder though, is anyone feeling excited and optimistic about this transfer window? Normally there are some... but doesn't seem like it this season.

7 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Surely to fuck the extra McKenna money will help get in at least one more good player

Aye a mill for forest getting promoted, 4 Mill for ramsay as well as what he already had, fuck me, we should be challenging on all fronts next season wi the 200k JG will probably get!

58 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I get the idea behind this, but it's the first time in 9 seasons we've finished outside the top 4 and our poorest end of season league position in 18 seasons. We've only been outside the top 6, 5 times in those 18 seasons as well.

Which means it's fair to say we're not a bottom 6 club. Form is temporary. It's unfortunate our shit form has spanned an entire season rather than the usual 6-8 games or whatever it normally is.

If we need to convince these players otherwise, then they don't know what it means to come to Aberdeen.

• Upvote 1

Got an email this week about how the DNA money was helping the academy etc etc. I thought the whole point of DNA at the start was that the money would go straight into the transfer budget, hence making it more enticing to buy into it with the promise of some more exciting signings. Absolute nonsense.

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Dave Bus said:

Got an email this week about how the DNA money was helping the academy etc etc. I thought the whole point of DNA at the start was that the money would go straight into the transfer budget, hence making it more enticing to buy into it with the promise of some more exciting signings. Absolute nonsense.

DNA was never sold as all going straight into transfer kitty. It was to be spread across the football operation.  Some of it will get added to the transfer fund but not all. 

4 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Careful DOC, not allowed to show any negativity… everything is looking rosy, we have an awesome chairman and manager. Next season is going to be fantastic, we’re going to have such an amazing squad packed full of international class players. At least one trophy incoming ??? In Goodwin, Cormack and Gunn we trust.

Nope.

Again youd think a whole forum patiently explaining to you over and over (like a 4 year old) that negativity and criticism isnt necessarily bad but constant pishing of pants, even to the extent of making shit up, is boring and wrong, may sink in eventually.

Cormack has put in plenty of his own money that he wont see again, this is a fact. Doesnt equal a cormack love in.

Also youll find very few people saying they have no criticism of Gunn , Cormack or Goodwin . Youve made that up ...

But to you and your lover if it isnt relentless negative bollocks it means everything must be perfect. Odd odd mindset

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Cormack love in? 

You have to be simple 

I said previously plenty reasons to criticise Cormack (love in aye?!) .. just that your made up pish re him not putting money in was the usual negative waffle said as fact

Fair enough 

4 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Nope.

Again youd think a whole forum patiently explaining to you over and over (like a 4 year old) that negativity and criticism isnt necessarily bad but constant pishing of pants, even to the extent of making shit up, is boring and wrong, may sink in eventually.

Cormack has put in plenty of his own money that he wont see again, this is a fact. Doesnt equal a cormack love in.

Also youll find very few people saying they have no criticism of Gunn , Cormack or Goodwin . Youve made that up ...

But to you and your lover if it isnt relentless negative bollocks it means everything must be perfect. Odd odd mindset

It was a sarcastic post , surely you got that?

What shit have I made up? Please enlighten me? 

I agree Cormack has put a lot of his own money in? No issues with that…. where did I ever claim there was a ‘Cormack love in’?

All there ever is on here is relentless negative bollocks, always has been… not just from me. Look at the meltdown over Ferguson and McRorie after the Europa final…. It was pathetic. Why no outcry over negativity then?

17 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

It was a sarcastic post , surely you got that?

What shit have I made up? Please enlighten me? 

I agree Cormack has put a lot of his own money in? No issues with that…. where did I ever claim there was a ‘Cormack love in’?

All there ever is on here is relentless negative bollocks, always has been… not just from me. Look at the meltdown over Ferguson and McRorie after the Europa final…. It was pathetic. Why no outcry over negativity then?

Most posters show balance. Not just everything being shite , even stuff that hasnt happened yet

12 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Im not engaging.

You have had this conversation with numerous posters on here.

Its really dull 

Don’t engage, that fine but I’ve not had any conversations with anyone relating to me ‘making shit up’. 
So that’s a lie that you’ve made up to slander me? All I needed to know. 

4 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I know, but we’ve not seen any confirmed dates for the players return for pre season or when the Spain camp is. I’m guessing we’ll get all that info this week.

The players return to Cormack Park for pre-season starting next Wednesday morning (15th June).