Summer 2022 Transfer Window

6 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Fair enough, the league structure of the MLS is a far more relevant topic of discussion on an Aberdeen FC forum, that everyone gives a fuck about ????

We need to assemble a team capable of beating lower division teams by mid July 

We need a team capable of beating most top division teams by the end of July 

Before that the players are just getting themselves fit after their holidays 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We need to assemble a team capable of beating lower division teams by mid July 

We need a team capable of beating most top division teams by the end of July 

Before that the players are just getting themselves fit after their holidays 

Yeah I get that, that’s fine. Still think most fans would have a passing interest on when the players are back, see Goodwins first pre season in charge, see any potential new signings.

If it’s something nobody is interested in then I apologise.

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

remember when we were going to buy a good striker for cash on january deadline day and then we said we'll save our pennies for the summer. ??

Whether Ramirez is back or not it’s still probably going to be the most important purchase of the Summer. We badly need a good striker. Hopefully the cash is there to get a top quality (for our level) one.

3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Yeah I get that, that’s fine. Still think most fans would have a passing interest on when the players are back, see Goodwins first pre season in charge, see any potential new signings.

If it’s something nobody is interested in then I apologise.

Aye, a passing interest in that maybe. 

But a full day discussion including at least 3 incorrect dates for the start of pre season training and the flights to Spain probably less so. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Whether Ramirez is back or not it’s still probably going to be the most important purchase of the Summer. We badly need a good striker. Hopefully the cash is there to get a top quality (for our level) one.

If Ramirez is back you have a top quality striker at our level. If he comes back you presume he is happy to come back, surely over Glass sacking by now. Goodwins job to ensure he gets supplied now Allan Russel set pieces are gone. 

• Upvote 1

So, as it is, with Ramadani unlikely to be joining up straight away, it’s looking like we might start pre season with a poorer squad than the one that took us to 10th last season. Not ideal. Hoping once teams get back training, particularly English ones towards the end of the month, things might progress a bit quicker. 

15 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

If Ramirez is back you have a top quality striker at our level. If he comes back you presume he is happy to come back, surely over Glass sacking by now. Goodwins job to ensure he gets supplied now Allan Russel set pieces are gone. 

Agree, post Christmas Ramirez is a great player. We’d still need another quality striker though so that unlike last season he can be dropped if off form.

15 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

I don’t want him back purely as he won’t want to be here.

Presumably his family won’t be back to chilly, miserable Jockoland 

21 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I don’t want him back purely as he won’t want to be here.

Presumably his family won’t be back to chilly, miserable Jockoland 

Please don't use this, even in jest. Honestly, call me what you like, but never call me a Jock. I've no idea why, but for some reason it aggravates me more than anything.

20 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Alan Nixon on twitter saying we were in for a keeper but it’s hit a snag….

Nixon is a fucking twat. He fucking charges folk now to get his "exclusives". The prick is a fucking journalist for thr Sun. He should be paying folk to listen to his drivel. And anyway it'll be Hladky he's referring to. The snag will be they want too big a fee considering he's still under contract. I'd also imagine he'd want bigger wages than Joe Lewis is currently on and by all accounts Joe is a massive earner for us. Can we really afford to be spending 2 big wages on keepers when there are far more pressing areas of the pitch to be concentrating on?