Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

If went spent £3m on players, the wages required to back those fees probably wouldn’t be sustainable. 

44 minutes ago, Helmet said:

"include wages"

Fair point, misread, but nonetheless if we say spent a mill on fees, and 2m on wages, that would be us 4m bigger wage budget than a year ago for foreseeable if all on 3 year deals. Big ask. Would love to see it tho

8 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I’m not fussed. I’ve realised on here that if you’re part of the clique the you can post as much inane, rambling, nonsensical, repetitive and downright boring bullshit without anyone questioning or criticising it. If you’re not part of the clique then any comment you make gets pounced on.

Wouldn’t want to be one of those self righteous pricks like Parklife, DelMonte, NEM, Paedoler etc (or the wannabes like JamieMT) even if my life depended on it.

What the fuck has this forum turned into? ?

8 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I’m not fussed. I’ve realised on here that if you’re part of the clique the you can post as much inane, rambling, nonsensical, repetitive and downright boring bullshit without anyone questioning or criticising it. If you’re not part of the clique then any comment you make gets pounced on.

Wouldn’t want to be one of those self righteous pricks like Parklife, DelMonte, NEM, Paedoler etc (or the wannabes like JamieMT) even if my life depended on it.

Zero if i've upset you, i apologise. I'm just a wanker.

4 hours ago, JamieMT said:

Jamie & the Magic Torch. Showing myself to be of a particular vintage, or just an ageing arsehole.

Haha. I remembered Jamie & his magic torch. I must be of similar vintage.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Most definitely not. 

I apologise then ?

5 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

I rather fancy that there is a co-ordinated plot to kill this messageboard off. The recent influx of utter mongols, all interacting with each other, spamming the place with dross and writing novels. Those who run this place need to be careful. 

Certainly an influx of utter repetitive pish at the moment.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Pre-season training will be interesting later this week… nice game of 5-a-sides maybe? 

With no signings, missing our international players and quite possibly Ramirez/Ramsay time off then aye it will be interesting to see those updates

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

With no signings, missing our international players and quite possibly Ramirez/Ramsay time off then aye it will be interesting to see those updates

We'll have some new signings this week, only issue will be if they are on international duty like Ramadani. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see 4 or 5 in this week.

14 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Somebody needs to track Ramirez’s movements over the next few days. Given he fucked off home 2 weeks early, he should be getting his sorry ass back here today at the latest in prep for Wednesday.

I doubt we’ll see him again

3 minutes ago, Peachandblack said:

Of players that are realistically available to us, anyone you're particularly keen on us signing @Tord31?

Happy with changing the keeper so Hladky, Siegrist or whomever for GK.

I dont rate any of our defenders but its probably not realistic to change them all in one transfer window so

- move mccrorie to RB for June-Aug and review near the deadline. Sign a pish right back so that McCrorie is also cover for CB and midfield.

- very very reluctantly leave Bates/Gallagher (+McCrorie) to battle for RCB.

- left centre back NEW. Splash a lot of cash here. I don't really fancy Dunne or Scales to be honest. So another foreigner please

- left back just sign a very cheap one (Juve loanee?) because we know we have Mackenzie, Ngwenya and Hayes as options if it goes wrong.

- Striker. 2 please with one being a very serious top signing. No ideas. When was the last time we signed a striker who scored 20+ in the previous season? 

- Winger. 2 please with one being a very serious top signing. No ideas. 

- Attacking mid. Ronan or this Niemeijer lad will be fine.

• Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I dont rate any of our defenders but its probably not realistic to change them all in one transfer window so

- move mccrorie to RB for June-Aug and review near the deadline. Sign a pish right back so that McCrorie is also cover for CB and midfield.

- left centre back NEW. Splash a lot of cash here. I don't really fancy Dunne or Scales to be honest. So another foreigner please

- left back just sign a very cheap one (Juve loanee?) because we know we have Mackenzie, Ngwenya and Hayes as options if it goes wrong.

- Striker. 2 please with one being a very serious top signing. No ideas. When was the last time we signed a striker who scored 20+ in the previous season? 

Stop derailing this thread with topical posts. 

• Haha 3
29 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Somebody needs to track Ramirez’s movements over the next few days. Given he fucked off home 2 weeks early, he should be getting his sorry ass back here today at the latest in prep for Wednesday.

I doubt we’ll see him again

Will be interesting to see what the club comes up with if he doesn’t show up! Should be docked his wages if he doesn’t turn up for training on Wed.

7 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Will be interesting to see what the club comes up with if he doesn’t show up! Should be docked his wages if he doesn’t turn up for training on Wed.

His wages should have been docked from the start of February

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Agree with pretty much all of this.

Quick calculation i think last season we scored 56 goals across all competitions with Ramirez and Ferguson getting 31 of those. Good chance neither of them will be here next season so its vitally important we bring in a good number of players who know their way to goal.

In fact looking into it, if Ramirez and Ferguson leave then out of the players we still have left from last seasons squad Watkins would have been the top scorer with 3 goals.

29 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Agree with pretty much all of this.

Quick calculation i think last season we scored 56 goals across all competitions with Ramirez and Ferguson getting 31 of those. Good chance neither of them will be here next season so its vitally important we bring in a good number of players who know their way to goal.

In fact looking into it, if Ramirez and Ferguson leave then out of the players we still have left from last seasons squad Watkins would have been the top scorer with 3 goals.

absolutely no fear we are letting Ferguson go anywhere until we have all our signings in place.