Summer 2022 Transfer Window

3 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Signing strikers is all well and good and hipefully we can get both Lauritsen and Miovski because we need them both.

But let's be honest. Signing strikers makes fuck all Odds (pun fully intended) unless we sign some creative players to actually supply them. It's the area we really need to strengthen. And have done since January.  

An attacking midfielder & a left winger please.

9 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I think we need an attacking midfielder and i'd also like a Kenny McLean type. Maybe Ronan could be that guy. All gone quiet on him to diet huns. 

Not sure why Hearts don’t stump up the £500k for Ronan.

They’re guaranteed £3m from Europe & apparently coining in £500k from their 3 Aussies at the World Cup.

Might still happen I suppose 

23 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Signing strikers is all well and good and hipefully we can get both Lauritsen and Miovski because we need them both.

But let's be honest. Signing strikers makes fuck all Odds (pun fully intended) unless we sign some creative players to actually supply them. It's the area we really need to strengthen. And have done since January.  

Not since just January, we’ve needed that for two seasons maybe three 

9 hours ago, styrofoamplates said:

Who's turn is it to list all the positions they think we need filled and give their opinion on it? 

It's been around 24 hours since anyone has done that. Please can someone step up and do it. 

Thanks. 

26 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

23 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

An attacking midfielder & a left winger please.

22 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I think we need an attacking midfielder and i'd also like a Kenny McLean type. Maybe Ronan could be that guy. All gone quiet on him to diet huns. 

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not sure why Hearts don’t stump up the £500k for Ronan.

They’re guaranteed £3m from Europe & apparently coining in £500k from their 3 Aussies at the World Cup.

Might still happen I suppose 

Maybe they are willing to stump it up but he doesn't want to go? Maybe we have agreed to stump the cash up once we sell Ramsay and Ronan decides he wants to play under Goodwin again. We don't know really. 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

Not since just January, we’ve needed that for two seasons maybe three 

You're right we have. But it was really apparent 2nd half of last season how clueless we were in the final 3rd. Which makes the decision to sell Hedges for 200k even more infuruating. Hedges isn't a world beater by any stretch but he would have been better than watching McLennan fall over his own feet. 

2 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

We’re surely only signing this lauritsen boy , miovski not coming in too. We’d have Ramirez watkins and lauritsen 

Watkins isn't a striker and his ability to stay fit is questionable to say the least. How much of last season did he miss? And we don't know if Ramirez will be staying? 

21 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

you might have to turn the volume down. The commentator is a bit excitable 

Lauritsen looks a big lad. 

Not sure if he’s any good but we should sign the commentator every second word sounded like he was saying fucking ? is that Norwegian for something else 

8 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Watkins isn't a striker and his ability to stay fit is questionable to say the least. How much of last season did he miss? And we don't know if Ramirez will be staying? 

I’d hope there is a young striker who can step up and be given a chance to score goals 

8 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Nae convinced how long Watkins will be around for. I certainly dont see him signing beyond the 11 months he has got left.

4 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he was one Goodwin tried to get rid of. Good player but can't rely on him staying fit for any length of time. 

thankfully unlike many of our shite players we probably could find a club for Watkins if we wanted to by the end of August

Watkins is just a reminder of how shite Aberdeen has become.

He’s had half a dozen ( maybe stretch it to a dozen at a push) good games over his two spells with us. Most of his ‘decent’ games against shite teams & has stood out as ‘decent’ mostly because there was such a lack of anything close to ‘quality’ anywhere else in the team on those occasions 

Add the fact he is pretty much a perma/Devlin crock & we have a ‘luxury’ player that often fails to show much quality when he is fit. 

Get rid. Hopefully he will hobble away at the prospect of another club offering him a 2 year deal & we can free up his remaining wages

12 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he was one Goodwin tried to get rid of. Good player but can't rely on him staying fit for any length of time. 

Absolutely. If Watkins could get himself fixed up elsewhere, then I reckon we “wouldn’t be too difficult to deal with”.

Skilful player and great to watch when in full flow but sadly, file under Smith - Jamie.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, thurso said:

Do wee need 3 recognised first team strikers when Goodwin usually only plays one through the middle 

over a whole season I'd say yes , certainly 2 with a punt on another up and coming youngster 

You're an injury or two from totally fucked and there are times when we should be going two up front 

17 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Absolutely. If Watkins could get himself fixed up elsewhere, then I reckon we “wouldn’t be too difficult to deal with”.

Skilful player and great to watch when in full flow but sadly, file under Smith - Jamie.

Jamie Smith was a great player just hampered by injuries.

Remember him again Copenhagen, what a night that was.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, thurso said:

Do wee need 3 recognised first team strikers when Goodwin usually only plays one through the middle 

Probably not two weve paid chunky fees for and a third thats on Scott Brown wages. Ordinarily we do need 3 strikers.

24 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Achieved nowhere near what Smith did for us tbf