Summer 2022 Transfer Window

3 minutes ago, slippers said:

Who says we won’t spend 2-3m on transfers fees? They club want to push on and if we want to do that we have to do it through our youth system and speculating through our scouting, that may mean spending big money for our standards but it’s how we can progress as a club. 

I really hope we do spend that much but I don’t believe we will 

9 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Plus if its a million euros then its only just over £850k... we 'apparently' paid almost that for Ronald fucking Hernandez.

If he's worth it then spend it, if he progresses then we can potentially make a lot of profit off him in a few years time.

Exactly 

1 minute ago, NEM said:

Gullible would be folk lining up for their third or fourth shot of a vaccine which gives about 5 mins protection against a virus that is of little to no threat to the healthy.

No gullible is people that do all their 'research' on Facebook. If you're scared of needles own it instead of coming out with pathetic excuses and believing conspiracy theories in order to justify your fear. Anti-vaxxers are bellends... end of!! Not arguing about this on the transfer thread though as already get accused enough of going off topic.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

No gullible is people that do all their 'research' on Facebook. If you're scared of needles own it instead of coming out with pathetic excuses and believing conspiracy theories in order to justify your fear. Anti-vaxxers are bellends... end of!! Not arguing about this on the transfer thread though as already get accused enough of going off topic.

You'd know what constitutes a bellend ye beaut

"scared of needles" lol you really are thick as fuck

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think Cormack will be happy to spend. If we cover our loss for last season and our projected loss for this season then the remainder of the extra income will go towards transfer fees split across the next 3 or so transfer windows

He needs to especially with the cash likely to be coming in.  To be fair he's not been shy previously

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, thurso said:

Maybe not but generally offer more money than another team and he will.

What if he has English Championship interest?  Shoukd we offer him £20k a week to sign? 

It's not as simple as you describe. 

We can't offer Ronan all the Crown jewels and the other players a pittance. There needs to be a wage structure. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What if he has English Championship interest?  Shoukd we offer him £20k a week to sign? 

It's not as simple as you describe. 

We can't offer Ronan all the Crown jewels and the other players a pittance. There needs to be a wage structure. 

There does your right but I’d be surprised if it would take 20k to get him but who knows. 
It won’t be cheap getting a guy to relocate from Hungary to come here who is also an international player 

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

There does your right but I’d be surprised if it would take 20k to get him but who knows. 
It won’t be cheap getting a guy to relocate from Hungary to come here who is also an international player 

I'm sure it wouldn't but you'd think he'd want a lot more dosh to come up here to turn down the chance of a Championship move of he had one. 

So it's because he's a foreigner that you don't want to spend money on him? 

You'd happily pay big money for British and Irish players? 

18 minutes ago, NEM said:

You'd know what constitutes a bellend ye beaut

"scared of needles" lol you really are thick as fuck

He needs to especially with the cash likely to be coming in.  To be fair he's not been shy previously

If we can get something in the next 7 months like £1M McKenna, £4.5M Ramsay, £2M Ferguson, £200k Ramirez then thats absolutely unheard of for us.

And then Barron in the pipeline to possibly become a £1m+ player in the next couple months and potential to rise across the season.

A couple more Besuijen's (can maybe hope to see every third one or so come off), and blooding the next player (Duncan? Hanratty? Ngwenya? Hancock?) and we have a production line

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, thurso said:

£5-6k per week would be an increase on his Hungarian wage I'd imagine.

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm sure it wouldn't but you'd think he'd want a lot more dosh to come up here to turn down the chance of a Championship move of he had one. 

So it's because he's a foreigner that you don't want to spend money on him? 

You'd happily pay big money for British and Irish players? 

No it’s his if he’s a striker.
By the looks of things right now we have Ramirez and this Norwegian boy signing from what I can see we don’t need another starting 11 striker can only see one of them playing at a time and we really need a creative attacking midfielder. 

If we were to spend 2-3 million then great spend the money and sign them all but I can’t see us spending that much. 

34 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Oh just fuck off.

• Upvote 3
7 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Do we, though? If we’re playing a high press game, pinching the ball high up the field, then I don’t necessarily think that a number 10 is required, in a 4-3-3

If the season starts tomorrow the midfield three is Barron, Ramdani and Ferguson and you can take your pick whether its flat or one/two are advanced

and that would mean we need significant improvement from wing and full back compared to the second half of the season. Scales could be a shout for LB more than CB, McCrorie will be an improvement on what Ojo/Ramsay gave us laterly and we'd need a winger.

The 10 signing can be timed to coincide with Fergie departure

27 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If we can get something in the next 7 months like £1M McKenna, £4.5M Ramsay, £2M Ferguson, £200k Ramirez then thats absolutely unheard of for us.

And then Barron in the pipeline to possibly become a £1m+ player in the next couple months and potential to rise across the season.

A couple more Besuijen's (can maybe hope to see every third one or so come off), and blooding the next player (Duncan? Hanratty? Ngwenya? Hancock?) and we have a production line

I think you will find his value is already multiples of that

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

Is Ryan Duncan being considered next season as a first team player after his loan move? Will he be one of our wingers for next season?

Has to be. Great talent.
Barron is taking the spotlight just now (and rightly so) but I think Duncan will eclipse both Barron and Ramsay in the near future, in regards to the next big thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I think you will find his value is already multiples of that

He still has to prove himself at the start of the season that he can be considered as a serious playa. Not a cat in hells chance the current interest is upwards of £2m but lets hope that changes soon

I see that Haraldur Ingolfsson suggesting lauritsen has gone back to Norway to make a 'final decision'. Considering their track record on info I would be hesitant to believe that implicitly. Hopefully theres a scarf-above-head pic later today for somebody.

Any word on any dutch incomings? I really liked the look of that Neimeijer fella and I see he hasn't gone anywhere plus he's not signed up for a contract extension at excelsior. He'd be your number 10 you'd imagine.

35 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

Is Ryan Duncan being considered next season as a first team player after his loan move? Will he be one of our wingers for next season?

He should be.  Hoping he's the next to breakthrough.  We need a conveyor belt of youth coming into the side

2 hours ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

We can but hope. I'm positive but not super enthused by Lauritsen, and I've now unfortunately convinced myself that Miovski would be generational and thus will be disappointed if and when it doesn't happen. All we can say for sure is that due to MTK Budapest's relegation, he's definitely on the move.

Very true loon, we can but hope.

I know it's exciting to be potentially joining our proud club but thought this excerpt from Football Scotland online was a bit much.....?

Aberdeen have reportedly scouted Norwegian striker Tobias Lauritsen.

The 24-year-old Odds Ballklub forward has come across manager Jim Goodwin's desk and the Irishman could sanction a swoop.

• Haha 2