Summer 2022 Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Strange comment from Goodwin to say that Dean Campbell ‘has come back in great shape for pre season training’ - training started this morning and Dean was at Stevenage today 

And the comment about going out to get games to come back stronger is a bit strange too but its all to keep ourselves clean incase he comes good and we can jump in and claim a transfer fee as unlikely as that might seem

Don't get the bed wetting comment. 

Off the back of a scandalously bad season, 2 shit transfer windows (a big case for last summers being the worst ever) and we've only brought in one player thus far for a massive rebuild. 

I'd be hoping for 6 or 7 (at least) through the door yet. Doesn't look like they'll be first targets, the longer it goes on. 

January was a shambles, too. 

Folk are pissing themselves more so than usual because of the state the squad is still in. 

Goodwin being daft and making promises isn't wise either. 

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Strange comment from Goodwin to say that Dean Campbell ‘has come back in great shape for pre season training’ - training started this morning and Dean was at Stevenage today 

Also that he can come back ready next season. He's out of contract next year ?. Unless we have an option to extend. No issue with Deano getting loaned out but he shouldn't be going anywhere when the squad is as thin as it is. 

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Off the back of a scandalously bad season, 2 shit transfer windows (a big case for last summers being the worst ever) and we've only brought in one player thus far for a massive rebuild. 

I'd be hoping for 6 or 7 (at least) through the door yet. Doesn't look like they'll be first targets, the longer it goes on. 

Folk are pissing themselves more so than usual because of the state the squad is still in. 

The thing with our 1st choice targets is that they'll also be wanted by others in all liklihood. Which means they won't jump at the 1st offer they receive. The agents will be playing everyone off against each other. 

1 minute ago, AyrshireSheep said:

The thing with our 1st choice targets is that they'll also be wanted by others in all liklihood. Which means they won't jump at the 1st offer they receive. The agents will be playing everyone off against each other. 

I understand that, and you can't make guys sign for you, but we've had since mid February to get wheels in motion on this. 

Amazed we've not announced a pre contract, normally our bread and butter. 

I've no faith in anyone at the club to get it right. 

7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

The “bed wetting” comment is a tired & boring cliche some folk trot out.

It’s as bad & cringey as “happy clappers”.

There’s a middle ground

Folk are right to question the lack of signings when 7-8 are needed, but at the same time, there is time yet. 

3 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

He's hardly likely to come out and say "Yes I'm aware the squad is shit but please come and support us by buying season tickets".

No, him saying "we should have someone in the door early next week." 

When it hasn't happened. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The “bed wetting” comment is a tired & boring cliche some folk trot out.

It’s as bad & cringey as “happy clappers”.

There’s a middle ground

Folk are right to question the lack of signings when 7-8 are needed, but at the same time, there is time yet. 

Yes. Nail on head. 

8 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I understand that, and you can't make guys sign for you, but we've had since mid February to get wheels in motion on this. 

Amazed we've not announced a pre contract, normally our bread and butter. 

I've no faith in anyone at the club to get it right. 

Yeah i totally agree. We are normally pretty good with pre contracts like you say but would you have signed for us around Jan/Feb time? We were a shitshow (still are right enough), Glass had a pop at McGrath, then we ultimately bagged him. Any players we would have wanted would probably have taken 1 look at us and thought "fuck that"

7 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

There’s no problem with questioning the lack of signings. It’s the daily questioning (daily is generous btw) and pant pishing drivel that’s written on this thread that is embarrassing.

Agreed.

Same principle as the posters who repeat absolute drivel over and over and then claim they're being bullied because the have a different opinion to the "clique".

- it's not the opinion people object to it's the basic lack of gumption, endless posting and completely over reacting to every little thing.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
11 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

There’s no problem with questioning the lack of signings. It’s the daily questioning (daily is generous btw) and pant pishing drivel that’s written on this thread that is embarrassing.

That's just a few particular gypes tho 

If Considine comes back I'm going to piss myself

24 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Yeah i totally agree. We are normally pretty good with pre contracts like you say but would you have signed for us around Jan/Feb time? We were a shitshow (still are right enough), Glass had a pop at McGrath, then we ultimately bagged him. Any players we would have wanted would probably have taken 1 look at us and thought "fuck that"

its not ideal when manager says he wants most of the signings in the door for pre season then a month later we have 1 over the line. But maybe we have a few waiting for international clearance, Norwegian lad seems to be a done deal pending clearance. Hopefully a few more not named we are just waiting to clear.

Goodwin putting a bit of pressure on Mowbury to deliver. Looks like we will be signing some top quality players by what hes said.

2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Aye underwhelming if you’re a 12 year old kid. 

Perhaps.

Hope that our summer recruitment ends up pleasing and surprising us in equal measure.

However, after 213 pages of this guff, and counting, with the odd ITK still attempting to convince us all that they know what's going on, I reckon that underwhelmed is the feeling we should all prepare for.

Let's be honest we are not the attraction we may have once been, hence why it would appear that our initial targets are not being signed up.

Have also heard a whisper that Considine may have been offered a contract to return. If true we are clearly failing to convince our initial targets to come and sign for us.

Maybe the club are just holding off on completing signings until they know how much funds are going to be available shortly from prospective sales , especially Ramsay.

Maybe some of our signing targets are swithering about signing , and we've let them know that if our anticipated sales go through we'll be able to offer better terms to hopefully get our signings over the line.

Or it could be that if we're going to be getting a higher fee than we'd thought foror Ramsay (or , as has been hinted at , a significant fee for Barron that may have been totally unexpected) we'll be in a position to look at signing players which were previously thought to be well outwith our budget.

7 minutes ago, redone said:

Maybe the club are just holding off on completing signings until they know how much funds are going to be available shortly from prospective sales , especially Ramsay.

Maybe some of our signing targets are swithering about signing , and we've let them know that if our anticipated sales go through we'll be able to offer better terms to hopefully get our signings over the line.

Or it could be that if we're going to be getting a higher fee than we'd thought foror Ramsay (or , as has been hinted at , a significant fee for Barron that may have been totally unexpected) we'll be in a position to look at signing players which were previously thought to be well outwith our budget.

I'm actually beginning to think Liverpool may just not deal for Ramsay considering how long this has all gone on for. Also not quite sure whether Lauritsen going back to norway is a bad sign or nothing to worry about.