Summer 2022 Transfer Window

6 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

So is this Scales guy actually behind Montgomery in the pecking order as a left back at Celtic? Monty was absolutely honking, so hate to think what this guy must be like.

I must confess I know nothing about the guy, so assumed he was a centre half.

No he’d be in front of Montgomery. I think I might be too, to put some context on Montgomery. 

Scales was predominately a centre half in Ireland @ Shamrock Rovers 

38 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No he’d be in front of Montgomery. I think I might be too, to put some context on Montgomery. 

Scales was predominately a centre half in Ireland @ Shamrock Rovers 

Pretty sure he’s the left sided centre half Goodwin was talking about in his interview with the Barca cock. Not exactly exciting like he claimed but he’d be a decent enough permanent signing I think. Obviously a loan from them can get in the fucking bin

10 hours ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

I'm actually beginning to think Liverpool may just not deal for Ramsay considering how long this has all gone on for. Also not quite sure whether Lauritsen going back to norway is a bad sign or nothing to worry about.

Fuck me the Ramsay to Liverpool deal has dragged on longer than fucking Brexit

9 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Apparently Carl Starbar picked up a hamstring injury on international duty for Sweden about two weeks ago and could be out for months.  I'm speculating, but the timing could mean that Scales was the LCB Goodwin was talking about but after the injury Celtic are holding off until they've seen how bad the injury is and whether or not they need to bring in more cover.

If he was the LCB that Goodwin was talking about then I think he has seriously over-estimated the support's propensity to get excited

14 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I actually feel for Goodwin, even if his comment about wanting all the new players in for the start of pre-season was a touch over optimistic, i'm pretty sure he'd have fully expected to at least have some here by now

"I know early in the window but it’s worrying that United are struggling to get business done. The others seem set and ready yet United can’t get moving. ETH needs his group together asap to mould them. Bringing them in late will only make it harder for him! ?it happens soon"

Gary Neville talking about Man Utd. Swap United for Aberdeen & ETH for JG and this fits us perfectly.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, JamieMT said:

"I know early in the window but it’s worrying that United are struggling to get business done. The others seem set and ready yet United can’t get moving. ETH needs his group together asap to mould them. Bringing them in late will only make it harder for him! ?it happens soon"

Gary Neville talking about Man Utd. Swap United for Aberdeen & ETH for JG and this fits us perfectly.

Difference being that Gary Neville isnt pointing the finger at the manager like some on here are.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Difference being that Gary Neville isnt pointing the finger at the manager like some on here are.

Don't think too many are pointing the finger at the manager regarding this. Yes he was overly optimistic about getting his squad in before pre-season but 'if' players are turning us down then thats down to Gunn, he's the one thats supposed to be getting deals across the line for new players.

21 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Who is pointing the finger at the manager. Some have highlighted his comments/hopes not being fulfilled as an indication thst things aren't going well. But not sure anyone has blamed him for it. 

Correct. It is clear though, that something is amiss, you don’t need to be Albert Einstein to know this.

Listening to all the sound bites lately, if Mowbray and Goodwin are doing their jobs (as they appear to be) then it’s not too difficult to find the person to point the finger at. 

And that’s not pant pissin’, it just being realistic 

39 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Who is pointing the finger at the manager. Some have highlighted his comments/hopes not being fulfilled as an indication thst things aren't going well. But not sure anyone has blamed him for it. 

I was talking about some of our newer posters, Ernie, who seem to want to use everything and anything as a stick to beat Goodwin. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

Got a feeling a few of the transfers that have been rumoured or not may be waiting for the Ramsey transfer to go through if we don’t ask to much and Liverpool don’t  walk away 

Looks like it’s just gone through, £4m up front with £1.5m in appearance based add ons. 

Although , will we ever know the actual fee?

8 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

Got a feeling a few of the transfers that have been rumoured or not may be waiting for the Ramsey transfer to go through if we don’t ask to much and Liverpool don’t  walk away 

Interesting strategy to only let players leave once they have a replacement signed

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I was talking about some of our newer posters, Ernie, who seem to want to use everything and anything as a stick to beat Goodwin. 

Personally i feel sorry for him in this situation, not criticising him or looking for a reason to criticise him. I'm sure he's as pissed off as all of us that nothing seems to be happening.

Just now, sooth_stander said:

With a percentage sell on, on top, you’d think?

You would hope... if its true we were looking for around £10 million (including add ons) and have caved at around £6.5 million then its a very poor show by the club. Whatever it ends up being, hopefully it'll trigger the beginning of an influx of new players.

• Upvote 1