Summer 2022 Transfer Window

6 minutes ago, thurso said:

By first of September we will be nearly 2 months into our season hopefully we are well on our way by 9th of July 

Yes but in the July games we'll have your Barrons, Fergusons, McLennans, Kennedys, Woods etc that might not be in the picture by August 31st.

If I see 10 coming thats probably on the basis of selling Ramirez, Ramsay and Ferguson, and loaning out another 1 on top maybe.

7 minutes ago, thurso said:

With the squad as it is right now I would rather we used the money we have and wage budget to sign 5 (maybe 6 if/when Ferguson gets sold) really good players instead of 10 mediocre ones. 

Out of that line up tord put up I think we have 6 starters maybe 7 

In that line up I'd be reasonably happy with McCrorie, either Bates or Gallagher, Barron, Besoujin, Hayes as starters. So that's 5 for me. MacKenzie and Polvara and even the young lad Duncan could be added to that if they have a good first half of the season. I'm fed up with Lewis, he needs replaced, and I've also got no time for Kennedy, and I think it's pointless even talking about Watkins as a regular starter as he'll be injured at least half the season. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's not what I said. 

I'd imagine if we did loan players it would be younger lads from richer teams as per usual but hopefully good enough to start rather than just warm the bench. 

The loans we take in will generally just warm the bench tho, especially if we sign the 4 quality players you think we should sign plus the players already here. 
If we signed 8 players and half on loan you are lucky if 1 of them becomes a regular starter. 

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Yes but in the July games we'll have your Barrons, Fergusons, McLennans, Kennedys, Woods etc that might not be in the picture by August 31st.

If I see 10 coming thats probably on the basis of selling Ramirez, Ramsay and Ferguson, and loaning out another 1 on top maybe.

Well if they are going we need them gone early to get our new signings in early to use the cup games to get our team gelling if there is that big a turn over. 

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Unless a loanee is good enough to start, I’d rather our youths were given the opportunity. No need for loans to be sitting on the bench.

Exactly 

Just now, thurso said:

The loans we take in will generally just warm the bench tho, especially if we sign the 4 quality players you think we should sign plus the players already here. 
If we signed 8 players and half on loan you are lucky if 1 of them becomes a regular starter. 

Depends how good a player you loan though, surely? 

If you loan a Lowe or a Christie then they'll start. 

If you loan a Samuels or a Nwakali then they won't. 

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Unless a loanee is good enough to start, I’d rather our youths were given the opportunity. No need for loans to be sitting on the bench.

I agree it needs to be carefully thought through but there is a place for squad players.

Just now, Don_Corleone said:

In that line up I'd be reasonably happy with McCrorie, either Bates or Gallagher, Barron, Besoujin, Hayes as starters. So that's 5 for me. MacKenzie and Polvara and even the young lad Duncan could be added to that if they have a good first half of the season. I'm fed up with Lewis, he needs replaced, and I've also got no time for Kennedy, and I think it's pointless even talking about Watkins as a regular starter as he'll be injured at least half the season. 

Aye. 

I could live with McCrorie at right back and maybe one of Bates/Gallagher. I don't think Mackenzie has done enough yet to prove he's good enough to be a first choice here. 

You'd imagine Barron and Ramadani would be starters and Besuijen too (although I'm still not completely convinced) 

Jonny will probably feature most weeks, one way or another. And whilst we're clearly looking for a new goalie I have a feeling Joe will still between the sticks come September. 

The rest you can't really rely on, sadly. 

So maybe 4 or 5 starters out of the team listed above. 

Hopefully 2 or 3 more come out of the youth set up all guns blazing like Ramsay and Barron. That would be a big bonus. 

Just now, thurso said:

Well if they are going we need them gone early to get our new signings in early to use the cup games to get our team gelling if there is that big a turn over. 

Exactly 

Gone early is not really a shout.

We dont want to sell Barron or Ferguson so why should we force it to be early.

If we need to pay off Kennedy/Woods/McLennan we know its better to do it once weve got a few bodies, and once other clubs are more actively looking to complete their squads

4 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

He was doing a press conference yesterday but sounds like he has been told not to talk about it. The move will need international clearance and with the new rules i believe we will still have to get approvals from the exceptions panel to get a visa for him before any move can be finalized. 

This was the report on what he said which was bascially i cant talk about it.

https://www.ta.no/kan-bli-solgt-skal-si-noe-mer-om-ikke-sa-lenge/s/5-50-1393992 and using online translation it reads as

SKIEN: Tobias Lauritsen (24) and Joshua Kitolano (20) may be on their way away from Odd, but neither of them wants to say much about either Aberdeen or Sparta Rotterdam.

After Thursday's training, the duo lined up for both Varden and TA. It still seems uncertain whether Tobias Lauritsen will accept Scottish Aberdeen.

Earlier this week, the 24-year-old is said to have visited the club.

According to TA's experience, Odd and Aberdeen have agreed on a transfer fee. Then it remains for Lauritsen to decide where he wants to continue his career, and possibly agree with the Scots on the personal conditions.

In the think tank

- Have you decided or said no to Aberdeen?

- Unfortunately, I have to say no comment yet, then I will say something more in the near future, hopefully, Tobias Lauritsen answers.

- So you are simply in the think tank?

- No comment.

- Are there more clubs on the field?

- I just have to refer to my agent, then we'll take it back later, he answers politely.

- I do not want to confirm or deny whether Tobias has said yes or no. This is up to Tobias, says Odd's sports manager, Morten Rønningen.

The agent, Jack Karadas, has not responded to TA.

If Lauritsen is sold this summer, Odd will have a new striker.

Wonder if Aberdeen have asked them to keep a tight lid on it, after the whole Considine/Scott Burns thing a few months ago.

6 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I’d have the ones you named but I’d keep Lewis don’t think he’s that bad a keeper also happy enough with Mackenzie playing  so either him or hayes would be 6 maybe 7 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Depends how good a player you loan though, surely? 

If you loan a Lowe or a Christie then they'll start. 

If you loan a Samuels or a Nwakali then they won't. 

Not very often have we taken in a Lowe or christie tho. Clubs don’t generally give us their best young players. 

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Gone early is not really a shout.

We dont want to sell Barron or Ferguson so why should we force it to be early.

If we need to pay off Kennedy/Woods/McLennan we know its better to do it once weve got a few bodies, and once other clubs are more actively looking to complete their squads

I don’t think we wanted to sell Ramsay but he’s gone early. And personally wouldn’t be selling Barron at any point. 

If we are having to pay people off to go like McLennan I can’t see what benefit is of keeping them and paying them off later either they will be here for the season unless someone makes an offer or let them go now. No point waiting until we have players in 

Just now, thurso said:

Not very often have we taken in a Lowe or christie tho. Clubs don’t generally give us their best young players. 

Ward, Logan, Maddison, Hector, Lowe, Christie were all excellent loans. 

Nae reason why we couldn't get a few more of that calibre again. 

And there were a few more that were acceptable and improved our first team. 

The rest, admittedly, were eminently forgettable. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Ward, Logan, Maddison, Hector, Lowe, Christie were all excellent loans. 

Nae reason why we couldn't get a few more of that calibre again. 

And there were a few more that were acceptable and improved our first team. 

The rest, admittedly, were eminently forgettable. 

I doubt the club sign players on loan knowing they'll be shit, some will work out well, others will be poor.

10 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yes but it's always a gamble, I'd rather we moved away from the loan market. 

I totally get your point but isn’t it as much of a gamble signing a relatively unknown on a 2-3 year deal?  At least with a loan you can punt them back to their club after a few months.   I think the problem is the range of player we can afford is always going to have a number of clubs after them.  We may be able to match wages but other clubs will be a bigger attraction to them. The loan market although far from ideal, is one where we are always going to be looking at.  Hopefully we can do this that includes options to buy Of they are actually any good. 

8 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I totally get your point but isn’t it as much of a gamble signing a relatively unknown on a 2-3 year deal?  At least with a loan you can punt them back to their club after a few months.   I think the problem is the range of player we can afford is always going to have a number of clubs after them.  We may be able to match wages but other clubs will be a bigger attraction to them. The loan market although far from ideal, is one where we are always going to be looking at.  Hopefully we can do this that includes options to buy Of they are actually any good. 

In a way yeah but this is where scouting comes in, I'd say if done properly there's far less risk than there is with a loan as more often than not the majority of players available for loans can't cut it and are in last chance saloon.  I imagine we've paid good fees for our recent loans, I would even guess that we paid a decent chunk to get Madison, I know we had to pay to get Christie, I'd rather we used the money to buy our own players instead of developing others.

48 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

JG says 2 or 3 more will leave on top of 12 or so released 

Interesting comment from him there.

Had 30 players to pick from first game. 12 gone so far and expects 2 or 3 more to go this window.

Anyone crunching the numbers to work out if Ramsay is in the 12 or the 2-3.

3 minutes ago, minijc said:

In a way yeah but this is where scouting comes in, I'd say if done properly there's far less risk than there is with a loan as more often than not the majority of players available for loans can't cut it and are in last chance saloon.  I imagine we've paid good fees for our recent loans, I would even guess that we paid a decent chunk to get Madison, I know we had to pay to get Christie, I'd rather we used the money to buy our own players instead of developing others.

Everyone would agree they'd rather have permanent players. 

The question is would you rather have a shit permanent player or a good loan player if that was the choice?