Summer 2022 Transfer Window

8 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I suspect that we have a few deals done and just waiting to be formalised going by the way Goodwin was speaking.

Haven’t seen his full interview but he certainly gave the impression that they were just waiting on the CR deal to be confirmed before signings being announced 

Unfortunately, I have to say no comment just now, but I will say something more in the near future, hopefully.

I would say you would have to ask my agent about whether there are any more clubs involved.

That't how it has been translated into English from Lauritsen's interview.

I've got a stinky suspicion he is holding out for "better" offer. We have had a bid accepted for a week now, he has only just started his season, Not like he's away on holiday mulling things over, I expected this one to be the quickest to get over the line.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nae bother thurso. You've already decided that if we bring in any loans they're going to be shit so there's little point in having any further discussion about it. 

Is that always your way of things if someone says something different to you. Every time Iv said something you don’t like after a few messages you seem to always come out with the comment “your minds made up no point having any further discussions”. 

Im definitely not against loans but for every Ryan Christie’s  we have signed on loan id say there have been 3 longstaffs so instead of signing them to go on our bench to fill it we should have one of our own youngsters on there.

What I also trying to say was I don’t think we need to sign 10 players. Id far rather we signed 5 really good players and pay them £10,000 a week than sign 10 players who ain’t as good on £5,000 a week for example.

18 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

But did he say we'd be excited?

As someone who hasn’t bought a kit in donkeys years, I doubt it will be.

20 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Unfortunately, I have to say no comment just now, but I will say something more in the near future, hopefully.

I would say you would have to ask my agent about whether there are any more clubs involved.

I've got a stinky suspicion he is holding out for "better" offer. We have had a bid accepted for a week now, he has only just started his season, Not like he's away on holiday mulling things over, I expected this one to be the quickest to get over the line.

Aye that doesn’t sound like someone whose desperate to sign. 

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

Is that always your way of things if someone says something different to you. Every time Iv said something you don’t like after a few messages you seem to always come out with the comment “your minds made up no point having any further discussions”. 

Im definitely not against loans but for every Ryan Christie’s  we have signed on loan id say there have been 3 longstaffs so instead of signing them to go on our bench to fill it we should have one of our own youngsters on there.

What I also trying to say was I don’t think we need to sign 10 players. Id far rather we signed 5 really good players and pay them £10,000 a week than sign 10 players who ain’t as good on £5,000 a week for example.

I think we're saying a similar thing really 

I was just trying to avoid us repeating the same thing over and over 

19 minutes ago, Peedie1 said:

At the start of the week we got this...

Suppose ramsay and Campbell leaving, along with no signings was a prediction that pant pishers would be pishing harder ? 

Things take time, I have no doubts that the club have been working extremely hard to get deals finalised.  I understand why some fans are worked up and worried but I'm positive it will all come together very soon.

45 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Opposite feeling for me. I'm thinking he's got to keep his head down while his work permit is approved, and we'll see him left out or as an unused sub in their match.

3 minutes ago, minijc said:

Things take time, I have no doubts that the club have been working extremely hard to get deals finalised.  I understand why some fans are worked up and worried but I'm positive it will all come together very soon.

I think the issue is that we need so many players  & off the back of a horrendous season 
Anywhere between 8-10 players needed, depending on more sales.

If we were needing just 2-3 players I don’t think there’d be the same angst at the lack of activity. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think the issue is that we need so many players  & off the back of a horrendous season 
Anywhere between 8-10 players needed, depending on more sales.

If we were needing just 2-3 players I don’t think there’d be the same angst at the lack of activity. 

I do understand but many seem to be fearing the worst, club have been trying to get quality players, this takes time, give it 2 weeks then see where we are.

30 minutes ago, minijc said:

I do understand but many seem to be fearing the worst, club have been trying to get quality players, this takes time, give it 2 weeks then see where we are.

Do your contacts give the impression we are still chasing our initial targets or have we moved onto alternates?

I'll be interested to see what happens at RB as well, Goodwin indicated they had a plan should Ramsay leave so you'd hope to see something fairly quick there.

49 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Opposite feeling for me. I'm thinking he's got to keep his head down while his work permit is approved, and we'll see him left out or as an unused sub in their match.

Tord, When asked about other clubs being involved to give me the same impression you have, the answer would again be no comment no?

Pretty obvious if other clubs involved in his signing he would know just as much as his agent. Imagine he's being looked at by others and now we have bid accepted the agent (who in my opinion are all reptiles) is doing what he's meant to do and contacting other interested clubs, says look Aberdeen have had a £100,000 offer accepted get your bid in and then whoever offers the best personal terms get their man?

Also isn't he in last 6 months of contract? Could choose to run that down and get a bigger sign on fee due to no transfer fee needed to sign him?

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Logging in to REDTV & seeing McLennan & Kennedy trying to get past players fair cheered me up ?

The clip on twitter where McLennan runs at Kennedy made me think he could be a player then he hit the ball in it him ?

8 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Do your contacts give the impression we are still chasing our initial targets or have we moved onto alternates?

I'll be interested to see what happens at RB as well, Goodwin indicated they had a plan should Ramsay leave so you'd hope to see something fairly quick there.

I think we are getting on fine, it's just that things take time.