Summer 2022 Transfer Window

8 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

McCrorie should be getting turfed out of pittodrie, not given the captaincy! A few weeks ago he was cheering on the Huns on in Seville FFS!  What an absolute shambles… can’t recall a time that the club has been so out of touch with our supporters.

I think if the club based its decisions on a vocal minority of supporters then we would be in an even bigger mess than we currently are.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

Well he couldn’t have as the cup final was in 1972 and mcleish didn’t start playing for us till the late 70s early eighties, point is since then there has a rake of Aberdeen players with Hun families, players sadly don’t get to control their relations, most folk in Scotland are  affiliated with either of the arse cheeks, that’s just the size of it if your born anywhere other than the north and even that it’s starting to infiltrate Aberdeen, (cove loving fucks), I cannot stand either of them especially the hun as they are everywhere down here, at least you have some solace in that, as a human are you going to sit here and argue that the club you play for (temporary say 4-5 years max) has more of a hold regardless of wages payed has a bigger swing than your actual family?, what if mcCrories father was dying and wanted his boys to join him to watch the football?, you telling me that shoe on the other foot you would tell your old man to fuck off?.or even if he wasn’t ill, you would take precedence on abandoning your family so not to upset fans that you couldn’t give 2 fucks about as he’s only here for the 4-5 years max and he’s  not from the Aberdeen  area?and why should he?. Would you?, folk born out with Aberdeen know the hatred shown by Aberdeen residents for the hun, quite rightly so, but to sit here and get faux angry at a ayrshireman hun going to the hun final(which won’t happen again anytime soon)with his hun dad and his hun brother who plays for the hun, while our player(the former hun player himself) went to the biggest game in their short clubs life? If you don’t want that tell our club to stop buying Huns then?, might be a solution, but don’t bitch when we trot out the likes of the youngs of this world and our team are shite, (and before you say about good dons players from Aberdeen, we don’t need them then ask yourself why all our best players from up there, McKenna, Ramsay, Fraser, Barron apparently not signing a new contract want to fuck off in the earliest opportunity going.)was it stupid of him getting seen supporting and jumping about watching the game, sure, but it’s the age of camera phones and he would have been seen now regardless, even if he wore a disguise in this day and age.

athletico Bilbao/sociodad have been successful for years only buying in basque players?, why has that not been introduced in this occasion?, just buy only Gaelic or Doric speaking players only, done. 

I never realised that John Aldridge was Basque. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Never saw a single Hun top in Aberdeen for about six years from the start of the new club until Gerrard took over. 

They've started appearing a wee bit more recently again though. I saw a guy who must have been in his 40s wearing a full Hun jogging suit the other day. What a state. 

An indicator to the type of person they are I suppose. It was hearing them using "we" after having no idea they were huns that got me.

4 hours ago, Poodler said:

Anyone ever been to Middlesbrough? 

Used to go regularly around 2003/4. Girl I was seeing who was from Aberdeen was at Middlesbrough Uni, so used to go down once a month to get my hole. 

And probably stir the porridge of many a Middlesbrough student. 

Shithole. 

Her flatmates were tidy as fuck though. 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I'm not convinced subsidising Woods to be elsewhere and paying a different second choice keeper a wage is the best use of the budget when weve been so shit

Can’t have three keepers on decent wage’s, in a perfect situation Lewis and Woods would both leave without having contracts paid off and a new number 1 would come in with Ritchie as back up and playing cup games. 

23 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

I never realised that John Aldridge was Basque. 

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/05/11/john-aldridge-real-sociedads-unlikely-scouse-hero/

gives a wee indication why they abandoned it for a wee while but the natives never wanted it to happen, they would rather have been shite. But in history you do know that they have mostly only signed Basque players at the time. By the way he was the first non basque player signed in 40 years so does hold up to scrutiny

6 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/05/11/john-aldridge-real-sociedads-unlikely-scouse-hero/

gives a wee indication why they abandoned it for a wee while but the natives never wanted it to happen, they would rather have been shite.

The way some of them on here behave when we sign players from Celtic or Rangers you would think they would rather we were shite too.

3 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Well he couldn’t have as the cup final was in 1972 and mcleish didn’t start playing for us till the late 70s early eighties, point is since then there has a rake of Aberdeen players with Hun families, players sadly don’t get to control their relations, most folk in Scotland are  affiliated with either of the arse cheeks, that’s just the size of it if your born anywhere other than the north and even that it’s starting to infiltrate Aberdeen, (cove loving fucks), I cannot stand either of them especially the hun as they are everywhere down here, at least you have some solace in that, as a human are you going to sit here and argue that the club you play for (temporary say 4-5 years max) has more of a hold regardless of wages payed has a bigger swing than your actual family?, what if mcCrories father was dying and wanted his boys to join him to watch the football?, you telling me that shoe on the other foot you would tell your old man to fuck off?.or even if he wasn’t ill, you would take precedence on abandoning your family so not to upset fans that you couldn’t give 2 fucks about as he’s only here for the 4-5 years max and he’s  not from the Aberdeen  area?and why should he?. Would you?, folk born out with Aberdeen know the hatred shown by Aberdeen residents for the hun, quite rightly so, but to sit here and get faux angry at a ayrshireman hun going to the hun final(which won’t happen again anytime soon)with his hun dad and his hun brother who plays for the hun, while our player(the former hun player himself) went to the biggest game in their short clubs life? If you don’t want that tell our club to stop buying Huns then?, might be a solution, but don’t bitch when we trot out the likes of the youngs of this world and our team are shite, (and before you say about good dons players from Aberdeen, we don’t need them then ask yourself why all our best players from up there, McKenna, Ramsay, Fraser, Barron apparently not signing a new contract want to fuck off in the earliest opportunity going.)was it stupid of him getting seen supporting and jumping about watching the game, sure, but it’s the age of camera phones and he would have been seen now regardless, even if he wore a disguise in this day and age.

athletico Bilbao/sociodad have been successful for years only buying in basque players?, why has that not been introduced in this occasion?, just buy only Gaelic or Doric speaking players only, done. 

Hope you pause for breath typing that min ?

Gaelic? West coast shite, probably spoken in the main by huns 

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

Too late, I suffocated ?

gaelic thing is pure ignorance on my part, thought it was just a northern thing, was working in gairloch wester Ross for years, every time you went to a pub they always spoke Gaelic so just assumed, apologies bud, 

5 minutes ago, NEM said:

Eh. Its fucking huns that deride it. Of course there is also quite a few twats up here who indulge in that also, claiming absolute nonsense that they never spoke Gaelic here, which only exposes the full extent of their ignorance. 

4 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Eh. Its fucking huns that deride it. Of course there is also quite a few twats up here who indulge in that also, claiming absolute nonsense that they never spoke Gaelic here, which only exposes the full extent of their ignorance. 

?

Chill oot Hamish it was a joke. Barely anyone speaks it here now that’s for sure, 58k Gaelic speakers in Scotland with vast majority Highlands and Islands (west coast)

11 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Too late, I suffocated ?

gaelic thing is pure ignorance on my part, thought it was just a northern thing, was working in gairloch wester Ross for years, every time you went to a pub they always spoke Gaelic so just assumed, apologies bud, 

Up in the arse end of the highlands and places like Skye etc, dorics the main dialect spoken here. That and shite ?

• Haha 3
23 minutes ago, NEM said:

One of my mates says he’s heard we’ve 5 players signed, waiting until next week to unveil them with the kit….

Somebody posted the exact same thing on twitter. Is that where your mate saw it?

Also on twitter it's suggested that the new kit has been delayed and won't be available until into next season and we'll start next season with last season's kit. 

Wouldn't believe a word of it. 

The club will announce when players have signed. It seems rather evident we are concentrating our efforts on looking abroad right now. This takes time.