Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, minijc said:

Millwall have bid for Ferguson, rejected as it's short of our valuation. 

I’d take it.

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You and Ayrshire Sheep must have the same club source.... 

It's on some Millwall website...unofficial one. Quoting some "midlands reporter John Percy" as the source. Apparently would break Millwall's record fee paid. 

File away as made-up shite 

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Somebody posted the exact same thing on twitter. Is that where your mate saw it?

Also on twitter it's suggested that the new kit has been delayed and won't be available until into next season and we'll start next season with last season's kit. 

Wouldn't believe a word of it. 

The club will announce when players have signed. It seems rather evident we are concentrating our efforts on looking abroad right now. This takes time.

Nah don’t think he’s the twitter type. Good chance it’s shite though ?

Have heard kit manufacturers are experiencing supply issues but sure I read Rob Wicks saying our kits being unveiled next week? 

45 minutes ago, NEM said:

One of my mates says he’s heard we’ve 5 players signed, waiting until next week to unveil them with the kit….

Would Goodwin be OK with these 5 players missing the first week of pre season training just so they can be unveiled at a kit launch?

2 minutes ago, MMG said:

Would Goodwin be OK with these 5 players missing the first week of pre season training just so they can be unveiled at a kit launch?

Maybe not in the country yet waiting for work permits to be finalised? Or maybe they are here and the club have just been clever with the footage they've released? 

6 minutes ago, NEM said:

Nah don’t think he’s the twitter type. His old man was heavily involved in coaching at the club until pretty recently. Good chance it’s shite though ?

Have heard kit manufacturers are experiencing supply issues but sure I read Rob Wicks saying our kits being unveiled next week? 

It likely is. My point was that you get so much shite posted on twitter that generally it's not worth listening to. 

11 minutes ago, MMG said:

Appears to be fine with the Yankee wage thief taking the week off! Maybe waiting on international clearance now we’re shopping around the world 

13 minutes ago, CCB III said:

2.5 plus add ons to 3. 

They got Alan Campbell (better player) for less 

Edit; Forgot he wasn't at Luton, not Millwall. 

Still, better player to the same league for less. 

From Motherwell, a far smaller club than us. According to some on here that determines the value (see Ramsay thread)

24 minutes ago, MMG said:

I highly doubt prospective signings are delayed in being announced so they can be used to unveil a new strip. What a load of nonsense. 

If some are announced next week and the strip is too then its nothing more than coincidence. 

At this stage I'd take £2m in the bank for Ferguson plus whatever else we can add on to the deal. This whole saga has dragged on for about 2 years now - him wanting away. Fair play to him for the most part he's continued to play his part and contributed no worse than others in a shambolic year or so. We just need to move forward, and turn over as much of the squad as we possibly can. Get rid of the old minset and culture and bring in a whole new squad who can be moulded together. That's why I'd be trying to offload guys like Joe Lewis, Declan Gallagher, Matty Kennedy, even Marley Watkins as well - need to move on from these guys who have come to accept such a low standard. 

Robbie McCrorie... I don't know how good he is, seems to be Sevcos third choice keeper and still gets the odd Scotland call up, but has done fairly well when out on loan. We need a new first choice keeper, so we can get rid of Lewis, and then use the young lad Ritchie as the back up and get rid of Woods who's hopeless.