Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I’d accept £2.5m & add ons with 20% of any future transfer fee.

If we don’t sell Lewis Ferguson this summer we end up with an undoubtedly unhappy player and whose contract would only have 18 months to go in the next window.

Then we would be looking at the £1.5m being offered now.

If we got £2.5m you’d be talking about us taking in £8m with McKenna’s promotion add on, Ramsay & Ferguson.

Bank £5m & spend the rest cleverly to rebuild. 
We also have a heap of weekly salary to use on the 11 or 12 or whatever it is that’s left. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Daken. Top end championship, 15 - 20 grand a week (maybe?) and most importantly first step onto the 10 grand a week minimum up to his 30s merry-go-round. 

Aye I'm sure he'd welcome the cash but you'd think they might have a club that's a wee bit more glamorous in mind. 

Maybe even a lower Premier league team. 

17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We should accept it for a laugh. 

I'm sure a move to Millwall wasn't in the plans in the Ferguson household. 

Talking of the Ferguson household, I didn't realise Wee Uncle Barry's offspring is a footballer as well. Certainly has strong Ferguson genes ?spacer.png

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye I'm sure he'd welcome the cash but you'd think they might have a club that's a wee bit more glamorous in mind. 

Maybe even a lower Premier league team. 

The very worst he’d have been hoping for was a similar move to McKenna.

In other words a Championship club with aspirations of the EPL.

Millwall aren’t that. Their only aim is to stay in the Championship. 
Watford, Norwich, Sheff Utd etc would’ve been his aim I’d think.

That said, if Millwall are offering him say £10k per week, he’d almost certainly want to at least talk to them.

Is the lad that St Johnstone had on loan from Millwall (McNamara) a regular? He looked a good right back. If not a regular, would he be interested in us? If he is a regular, that’s a dead duck. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The very worst he’d have been hoping for was a similar move to McKenna.

In other words a Championship club with aspirations of the EPL.

Millwall aren’t that. Their only aim is to stay in the Championship. 
Watford, Norwich, Sheff Utd etc would’ve been his aim I’d think.

That said, if Millwall are offering him say £10k per week, he’d almost certainly want to at least talk to them.

Is the lad that St Johnstone had on loan from Millwall (McNamara) a regular? He looked a good right back. If not a regular, would he be interested in us? If he is a regular, that’s a dead duck. 

Regular and a local

6 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

I think if the club based its decisions on a vocal minority of supporters then we would be in an even bigger mess than we currently are.

Absolutely correct. Do our supporters actually think that gillhaus, snelders, varga, and our latest imports support Aberdeen? The laddie plays his heart out for us and should be allowed to cheer his childhood team without getting slagged off.

2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

At this stage I'd take £2m in the bank for Ferguson plus whatever else we can add on to the deal. This whole saga has dragged on for about 2 years now - him wanting away. Fair play to him for the most part he's continued to play his part and contributed no worse than others in a shambolic year or so. We just need to move forward, and turn over as much of the squad as we possibly can. Get rid of the old minset and culture and bring in a whole new squad who can be moulded together. That's why I'd be trying to offload guys like Joe Lewis, Declan Gallagher, Matty Kennedy, even Marley Watkins as well - need to move on from these guys who have come to accept such a low standard. 

Robbie McCrorie... I don't know how good he is, seems to be Sevcos third choice keeper and still gets the odd Scotland call up, but has done fairly well when out on loan. We need a new first choice keeper, so we can get rid of Lewis, and then use the young lad Ritchie as the back up and get rid of Woods who's hopeless.

No more huns please. Rather take Bossu back ?