Summer 2022 Transfer Window

28 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye true. 

I’m tarring Mowbray with Russ Richardson’s League One & Two brush.

Just seems odd paying a six figure fee for a 26 year old from League Two who’s played two seasons of football only effectively (83 league games). 

Ach, we’ll see. 
I’m meh in general about the Dons just now & have been for a while. 

Aye i'd like to think Mowbray is better than Richardson. And we only really have 1 signing to base that on in Besuijen. But he's been good enough for us so far. We'll see the best of him this season. 

Until we acrually sign players we won't know the quality we are looking at but Goodwin seems to know exactly what he wants and needs which is streets ahead of the clusterfuck of last summer.

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Tranmere apparently want £400k for him. Even if its only £250k i'll need some convincing.

Part of my argument here is I genuinely dont think we'll get to where we want to be with McCrorie playing 30-50 games in midfield per season

£400k?!

Let that be the end of the interest then. 

He’s playing in the 4th tier of English football for a reason, which means he’s not worth £400k & Tranmere can fuck off. 

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Tranmere apparently want £400k for him. Even if its only £250k i'll need some convincing.

Part of my argument here is I genuinely dont think we'll get to where we want to be with McCrorie playing 30-50 games in midfield per season

Is he better at RB than midfield? Remain to be convinced on that aswell. I liked him at CH but he needs a good defender beside him. Not Bates or Gallagher

The Argentinian LB that Celtic want looks like it will drag on aswell. His agent saying he expects news in the "next few weeks". Hopefully just agent waffle but if it's going to drag on I hope we tell them we won't be waiting for Scales and we move on. 

17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

£400k?!

Let that be the end of the interest then. 

He’s playing in the 4th tier of English football for a reason, which means he’s not worth £400k & Tranmere can fuck off. 

Fair bit of cash but if he ticks all the boxes and club believe they can flip him in a couple of years I’m all for it. We shouldn’t be put off with a few 100k if he’s the right player. Only thing I would prefer was that he was a few years younger. I’m not worried about his lack of football in his career all I care about is his last  season or 2 where he seems to have put in some real good performances. We have signed plenty of players that have had a great start to career but fell off a cliff when they sign for us, this boy atleast looks to be on a upward trajectory.

Problem for Ferguson is Aberdeen have a very good player for our level on a very average wage. It’s a good deal for us. Although he’s good for our level, he’s nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and that’s why there’s only stinking offers from shite like Millwall. I’d be happy to just keep him here on a 50 quid a week for a couple more seasons unless he becomes a better player and some actual bids come in

17 minutes ago, slippers said:

Fair bit of cash but if he ticks all the boxes and club believe they can flip him in a couple of years I’m all for it. We shouldn’t be put off with a few 100k if he’s the right player. Only thing I would prefer was that he was a few years younger. I’m not worried about his lack of football in his career all I care about is his last  season or 2 where he seems to have put in some real good performances. We have signed plenty of players that have had a great start to career but fell off a cliff when they sign for us, this boy atleast looks to be on a upward trajectory.

He's 26.  We won't be flipping him for millions in a couple of years. 

He might well become a first team regular but that's a different discussion. 

22 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Problem for Ferguson is Aberdeen have a very good player for our level on a very average wage. It’s a good deal for us. Although he’s good for our level, he’s nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and that’s why there’s only stinking offers from shite like Millwall. I’d be happy to just keep him here on a 50 quid a week for a couple more seasons unless he becomes a better player and some actual bids come in

That’s a problem,  if he doesn’t get his wish out of pittodrie, he would perform all season like a 50 Quid a week player, dreaming of a move to Liverpool or Manchester United. 

7 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

That’s a problem,  if he doesn’t get his wish out of pittodrie, he would perform all season like a 50 Quid a week player, dreaming of a move to Liverpool or Manchester United. 

That’s up to him. Play shite and stay here on shite money or get the finger out and get the money that nobody apart from you and your hun da think you are worth 

• Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He's 26.  We won't be flipping him for millions in a couple of years. 

He might well become a first team regular but that's a different discussion. 

Aye. The best we can hope for is Shay Logan Mk2, which we’d be happy with. 

However, Logan cost nothing.

This lad will be around £250k, quite possibly more now that Tranmere know we have millions from the Ramsay sale.

6 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

So with the Ramsey deal official do we have to wait 3-5 working days for the money to start spending, because someone people are expecting players  coming in every 2 days and some like my self just hope we get the best we can get regardless of how long it takes to get them through the door 

Patience is a virtue. 

3 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Why are we having to pay over inflated fees for everyone this summer, did Goodwin forget about pre contracts and free agents. 400k for a 26 year old league 2 right back is utter madness , Ferguson worth 10 million on that sorta valuations.

We cant get everyone for free loon.

400k is chicken feed nowadays,whether we like it or not.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Why are we having to pay over inflated fees for everyone this summer, did Goodwin forget about pre contracts and free agents. 400k for a 26 year old league 2 right back is utter madness , Ferguson worth 10 million on that sorta valuations.

It's not Goodwins gig - we have the power house of of Steven Gunn making it all happen - if there are issues that's the one to hold responsible.

15 minutes ago, minijc said:

You don't mate, they are nothing compared to the lad on here with incredible Liverpool contacts, I'm out of the loop and know fuckall.

As long as he doesn’t end up like dale jennings, from tranmere to Bayern to playing for Prescot cables ??

46 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

400 k is nothing today, in 1989 Aberdeen payed +£ 650000 for Hans Gilhause.