Summer 2022 Transfer Window

3 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Problem for Ferguson is Aberdeen have a very good player for our level on a very average wage. It’s a good deal for us. Although he’s good for our level, he’s nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and that’s why there’s only stinking offers from shite like Millwall. I’d be happy to just keep him here on a 50 quid a week for a couple more seasons unless he becomes a better player and some actual bids come in

If the bids are at £1.5m in mid June, I'd be confident someone will come up with £2.25M+ by end of August. Ask for £3m right now but we'll surely compromise nearer the deadline. Its good to cash in on every valuable player so we can start turning a profit which allows us to increase wages, and pay transfer fees.

Letting Shinnie, Jack, McLean, McGinn and Hayes go for under £1M was criminal.

• Site Sponsor
15 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If the bids are at £1.5m in mid June, I'd be confident someone will come up with £2.25M+ by end of August. Ask for £3m right now but we'll surely compromise nearer the deadline. Its good to cash in on every valuable player so we can start turning a profit which allows us to increase wages, and pay transfer fees.

Letting Shinnie, Jack, McLean, McGinn and Hayes go for under £1M was criminal.

How is it the clubs fault for Ryan the Rat fucking us over?

little snake had no intention of signing an extension as he’d already made his mind up about joining Sevco despite stringing the fans along. 

Hunnish behaviour

2 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

400 k is nothing today, in 1989 Aberdeen payed +£ 650000 for Hans Gilhause.

Dutch international signed from the European champions because they’d signed Romario, one of the best strikers in the world to replace him. Fuck me how shite is modern fitba ?

13 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Millwall set to increase their offer for Ferguson. 

So they obviously keen,Aberdeen looking for double their first bid...Settle for 2.2 mill I would.

Cagliari bid 3.5 mil in January, albeit a dodgy initial loan to it, but should be aiming for nearer to this. Would imagine Cagliari would've been back in if they hadn't been relegated.

9 minutes ago, Dom Sullivan said:

How is it the clubs fault for Ryan the Rat fucking us over?

little snake had no intention of signing an extension as he’d already made his mind up about joining Sevco despite stringing the fans along. 

Hunnish behaviour

What age was he when he left like? I think we could have tried harder to get a transfer fee earlier but the club were not in that game at that point. 

Changed days now though and think the Board are 100% aligned in not allowing assets to leave on free transfers so that will include selling yer Hedges and Wright for pennies.

Just now, Tord31 said:

What age was he when he left like? I think we could have tried harder to get a transfer fee earlier but the club were not in that game at that point. 

Changed days now though and think the Board are 100% aligned in not allowing assets to leave on free transfers so that will include selling yer Hedges and Wright for pennies.

It's a balance though Tord between trying to build a good team that might win something and getting value on transfer departures. 

The club tried to keep that team together and it didn't quite come off trophy wise. But increased revenue from Europe, league position, Cup runs and increased attendances was a trade off for transfer revenue. 

I'd much prefer getting a player from League 1/2 that we've had to pay money for, a player that both the club and fans value and don't want to lose than a free agent that's been discarded.

400k definitely isn't too much though, a lot of money still trickles down to that level, and if he is their best player (or one of their best) of course they're going to demand money.

Now Ramsay deal completed hearing that broom cupboard has been dusted and hoovered, ready for some announcements.

There WILL be a number of signings this week, especially given that additional finance is now available to bring " final persuasion " to one or two players who were initially requiring time to consider their options.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's a balance though Tord between trying to build a good team that might win something and getting value on transfer departures. 

The club tried to keep that team together and it didn't quite come off trophy wise. But increased revenue from Europe, league position, Cup runs and increased attendances was a trade off for transfer revenue. 

It's definitely a balancing act.

In an ideal world we wont be accepting any sub £500k offers for any players for two reasons; we manage contracts well and hardly any player runs down his contract, and 2) we do so well with selling players we can afford to turn our nose up at £500k. 

How do you deal with a situation like Barron? Hopefully give him a 100% pay rise to sign a five year deal.

Just now, Tord31 said:

How do you deal with a situation like Barron? Hopefully give him a 100% pay rise to sign a five year deal.

Got to try and extend his deal.  Even if he doesn't I'd be reluctant to sell this summer, especially with Ferguson practically guaranteed to move on. 

It's fine getting money for players but we've hardly got anyone decent left in the building if Barron and Ferguson go, especially after last summer's disastrous recruitment. 

We've just got to calm the jets a wee bitty and start bringing a few in and see how they settle before we start putting price tags on the next batch. It's still a football team at the end of the day. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

John mcginn went to Aston Villa for 3 million with 12 months left on the contract at 24 yrs old, Ferguson is 22 yrs old and 24 months left on the contract.

The perfect example, Ferguson's stats are better than his as well and Ferguson didn't have the benefit of playing in a lower division for 2 seasons.  We should be looking to get as close to £5m as possible for Ferguson.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
1 minute ago, minijc said:

The perfect example, Ferguson's stats are better than his as well and Ferguson didn't have the benefit of playing in a lower division for 2 seasons.  We should be looking to get as close to £5m as possible for Ferguson.

Which stats? Goalscoring isn't everything for a player in that position

11 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It's definitely a balancing act.

In an ideal world we wont be accepting any sub £500k offers for any players for two reasons; we manage contracts well and hardly any player runs down his contract, and 2) we do so well with selling players we can afford to turn our nose up at £500k. 

Not a chance he signs a 5 year deal.

He has two years left. 

I think the best we get is a 12 month extension to make it 3 years with a decent increase to his salary. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Torry Tosser said:

Millwall set to increase their offer for Ferguson. 

So they obviously keen,Aberdeen looking for double their first bid...Settle for 2.2 mill I would.

Nonono! Patience you must have, Master Yoda.

Hmm... not all at once such things come...

Hold out for 3 million we must!

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not a chance he signs a 5 year deal.

He has two years left. 

I think the best we get is a 12 month extension to make it 3 years with a decent increase to his salary. 

Aye I say its easy for us to offer the deal but will we pull off him signing an extension? if we get to october or so writing is on the wall that he aint re-signing. fingers crossed whether its 3,4 ot 5 years 

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Aye I say its easy for us to offer the deal but will we pull off him signing an extension? if we get to october or so writing is on the wall that he aint re-signing. fingers crossed whether its 3,4 ot 5 years 

The loon's offski in the next year or two for certain at his current rate of development. There's not a ghoster he (his family / agent) will commit to that length of extension.

You can offer 3 - 5 year extensions til you're blue in the face, the club's only hope will be to get him to commit to a modest extension with the understanding that they'll not stand in his way if a fair offer comes up

9 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

The loon's offski in the next year or two for certain at his current rate of development. There's not a ghoster he (his family / agent) will commit to that length of extension.

You can offer 3 - 5 year extensions til you're blue in the face, the club's only hope will be to get him to commit to a modest extension with the understanding that they'll not stand in his way if a fair offer comes up

The new deal would be everyone agreeing the exit strategy and what cuts go to player, agent and family. He would still leave in the next 23 months but everyone would be working together on the move.

• Upvote 1