Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Now Ramsay deal completed hearing that broom cupboard has been dusted and hoovered, ready for some announcements.

There WILL be a number of signings this week, especially given that additional finance is now available to bring " final persuasion " to one or two players who were initially requiring time to consider their options.

Any names?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Now Ramsay deal completed hearing that broom cupboard has been dusted and hoovered, ready for some announcements.

There WILL be a number of signings this week, especially given that additional finance is now available to bring " final persuasion " to one or two players who were initially requiring time to consider their options.

I have a feeling Tobias Lauritsen might not be one of them.

He started today for Odd.

You would think Odd would’ve left him out in order to avoid an injury & the transfer fee? 

20 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You would think Odd would’ve left him out in order to avoid an injury & the transfer fee? 

Losing 1-0, he hit the bar a few mins beforehand. 

44 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Norwegian journalist I heard on RTG podcast seemed to say he might not move until August when their transfer window opens.

Said this a few days ago. Lauritsen seemed to be waiting to see if he could get a better offer judging by his interview. Also, if we had it agreed and was just a case of work permit etc. there's not a hope in hell he would be playing today. Argentine left back Celtic are away to sign has been left out their squad for last 2 games whilst the deal gets sorted. If Lauritsen breaks his leg during a game, then Odd would be without the player and a transfer fee, and he would leave in 6 months for free.

This RB from Tranmere is a very meh signing. Seen him play a few times on the telly. He runs up and down the line no bother but nowhere near as good technically as Ramsay is, about as strong defensively. Very one footed and poor in the air. If he was a free on £2/3k per week to cover RB no issue but paying £400k plus and on a £4/5k per week wages to have him as our only RB worries me.

2 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Said this a few days ago. Lauritsen seemed to be waiting to see if he could get a better offer judging by his interview. Also, if we had it agreed and was just a case of work permit etc. there's not a hope in hell he would be playing today. Argentine left back Celtic are away to sign has been left out their squad for last 2 games whilst the deal gets sorted. If Lauritsen breaks his leg during a game, then Odd would be without the player and a transfer fee, and he would leave in 6 months for free.

This RB from Tranmere is a very meh signing. Seen him play a few times on the telly. He runs up and down the line no bother but nowhere near as good technically as Ramsay is, about as strong defensively. Very one footed and poor in the air. If he was a free on £2/3k per week to cover RB no issue but paying £400k plus and on a £4/5k per week wages to have him as our only RB worries me.

One of Mini's sources is a season ticket holder at Tranmere and says he's the business.

What could possibly go wrong? 

4 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Okay my bed is wet now

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

One of Mini's sources is a season ticket holder at Tranmere and says he's the business.

Big difference between my sources and some pals that follows other teams but aye, he's going to do a job for us.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Ramsay is now a multi million pound player. Nobody we sign for his position will be as good technically unless we unearth an absolute gem from some backwater. Won't happen. For as good as Ramsay was going forward he was suspect defensively. If this guy is better defensively then fine by me. Let the forward players get the assists that Ramsay would have had. 

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

If the bids are at £1.5m in mid June, I'd be confident someone will come up with £2.25M+ by end of August. Ask for £3m right now but we'll surely compromise nearer the deadline. Its good to cash in on every valuable player so we can start turning a profit which allows us to increase wages, and pay transfer fees.

Letting Shinnie, Jack, McLean, McGinn and Hayes go for under £1M was criminal.

Is ignorance really bliss ?

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He may well turn out to be the "business". I'd suggest the probability is around the 25% mark.

Matty Longstaff done the business in League 2 at Mansfield Town. He was worse than awful up here. Maybe the 3 games I watched him play were off games and he struggles against Oldham only for some reason.