Summer 2022 Transfer Window

4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

If the bids are at £1.5m in mid June, I'd be confident someone will come up with £2.25M+ by end of August. Ask for £3m right now but we'll surely compromise nearer the deadline. Its good to cash in on every valuable player so we can start turning a profit which allows us to increase wages, and pay transfer fees.

Letting Shinnie, Jack, McLean, McGinn and Hayes go for under £1M was criminal.

Is ignorance really bliss ?

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

One of Mini's sources is a season ticket holder at Tranmere and says he's the business.

What could possibly go wrong? 

He may well turn out to be the "business". I'd suggest the probability is around the 25% mark.

Matty Longstaff done the business in League 2 at Mansfield Town. He was worse than awful up here. Maybe the 3 games I watched him play were off games and he struggles against Oldham only for some reason.

8 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Ramsay is now a multi million pound player. Nobody we sign for his position will be as good technically unless we unearth an absolute gem from some backwater. Won't happen. For as good as Ramsay was going forward he was suspect defensively. If this guy is better defensively then fine by me. Let the forward players get the assists that Ramsay would have had. 

I never said he was a better defender. Although I only seen him in 3 games against Oldham last season so they may have been off games.

10 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Said this a few days ago. Lauritsen seemed to be waiting to see if he could get a better offer judging by his interview. Also, if we had it agreed and was just a case of work permit etc. there's not a hope in hell he would be playing today. Argentine left back Celtic are away to sign has been left out their squad for last 2 games whilst the deal gets sorted. If Lauritsen breaks his leg during a game, then Odd would be without the player and a transfer fee, and he would leave in 6 months for free.

This RB from Tranmere is a very meh signing. Seen him play a few times on the telly. He runs up and down the line no bother but nowhere near as good technically as Ramsay is, about as strong defensively. Very one footed and poor in the air. If he was a free on £2/3k per week to cover RB no issue but paying £400k plus and on a £4/5k per week wages to have him as our only RB worries me.

They were talking transfers on sportsound yesterday afternoon and Levein (I know) made a comment the others agreed with - the only difference between a £3k a week player and a £5k a week player is their agents' negotiating skills.  Not having a pop at what your saying Zorba, I just thought it was an interesting comment.

He also said clubs and agents do use the fact a club trying to buy a new player has just sold a player for big money as a negotiating tool.  "You've just sold that player for X million, you can easily afford to give my player another £1K a week/the extra £100K on the fee"

People on here have said similar things in the past, but it was interesting to hear managers and players who have been through the process saying it.

5 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

No but the tranmere fans who watch him week in week out say he is a good defender. I'll take the word of the fans who watch him weekly. 

Tranmere FAN. 

I'd be happy if we sign him, and it turns out to be the case. But League 2 is still a lower standard than SPL.

19 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Said this a few days ago. Lauritsen seemed to be waiting to see if he could get a better offer judging by his interview. Also, if we had it agreed and was just a case of work permit etc. there's not a hope in hell he would be playing today. Argentine left back Celtic are away to sign has been left out their squad for last 2 games whilst the deal gets sorted. If Lauritsen breaks his leg during a game, then Odd would be without the player and a transfer fee, and he would leave in 6 months for free.

This RB from Tranmere is a very meh signing. Seen him play a few times on the telly. He runs up and down the line no bother but nowhere near as good technically as Ramsay is, about as strong defensively. Very one footed and poor in the air. If he was a free on £2/3k per week to cover RB no issue but paying £400k plus and on a £4/5k per week wages to have him as our only RB worries me.

Maybe the Norwegian lad wanted to show respect to his clubs fans / teammates by not announcing his departure a couple of days before a game and he actually wanted  to play his final home game before signing tomorrow.    Or he’s received a better offer…  will find out soon enough I suppose    

2 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

They were talking transfers on sportsound yesterday afternoon and Levein (I know) made a comment the others agreed with - the only difference between a £3k a week player and a £5k a week player is their agents' negotiating skills.  Not having a pop at what your saying Zorba, I just thought it was an interesting comment.

He also said clubs and agents do use the fact a club trying to buy a new player has just sold a player for big money as a negotiating tool.  "You've just sold that player for X million, you can easily afford to give my player another £1K a week/the extra £100K on the fee"

People on here have said similar things in the past, but it was interesting to hear managers and players who have been through the process saying it.

I hear ya. I was just trying to say when you pay a fee for a player, the expectation is you have the money for an extra couple of grand a week than someone you sign out of contract. I've said previously for us to be signing players from a different pool, we would need to be paying £10/15k pw.

Also, Levein is a spastic.

3 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Maybe the Norwegian lad wanted to show respect to his clubs fans / teammates by not announcing his departure a couple of days before a game and he actually wanted  to play his final home game before signing tomorrow.    Or he’s received a better offer…  will find out soon enough I suppose    

See if he throws his shirt into the crowd at the end and reveals AFC new strip.

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

See if he throws his shirt into the crowd at the end and reveals AFC new strip.

Maybe he just has one of those pink training tops. Worth looking out for though.

5 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

If he isn’t doing a lap of honour with tears in his eyes come full time he’s obviously not coming! 

5 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Maybe, I just find it weird if its all agreed to put the transfer in jeopardy by risking injury. Think Odd are resigned to losing him, he's out of contract in 6 months and think clubs can offer him a pre contract now. Someone said earlier their transfer window opens in August, maybe they want to hold on to him until then so they can sign a replacement?

3 minutes ago, Donstar83 said:

Sounds like he's thought he'll just wait till August and see if someone else comes in for him. 

That's when the Norwegian window opens, I think. He can sign for anyone on a pre contract now I think but has to wait until January to move, hence why we are bidding £300k plus that again in add ons apparently. If anyone's waiting till August, its Odd so they can replace him straight away.

10 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If we learn to successfully trade players properly we can probably look to increase the salary budget from £10m/year to £15m/year 

An extra £95,000 per week on wages? Is ours £10m annually at present?

The huns annual wage bill £20m and the tims are £18.5m surprisingly. Dont know if that included staff either.

Edit - The source of claims our wage bill is a bit under £6m annually. Aberdeen 2022 Wages | Player & Team totals (salarysport.com)

I was confident reading between the lines he had signed. Now I think the lad having doubts above is correct. 

Would be really interesting to know what players we have spoke to/ shown round complex for them to reject us. Bet their is a good few decent players we have missed out on. 

4 minutes ago, Zorba said:

The huns annual wage bill £20m and the tims are £18.5m surprisingly. Dont know if that included staff either.

We were £10m for 2019/20 and £9m for 2020/21. 

That's full staff wage bill plus burdens (NI and pension)

5 minutes ago, slippers said:

I was confident reading between the lines he had signed. Now I think the lad having doubts above is correct. 

Would be really interesting to know what players we have spoke to/ shown round complex for them to reject us. Bet their is a good few decent players we have missed out on. 

Well my theory was it was only down to the visa, but absolutely fat chance he'd have got the 90 mins if he was already our player

10 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Edit - The source of claims our wage bill is a bit under £6m annually. Aberdeen 2022 Wages | Player & Team totals (salarysport.com)

Our wages is around 10m, Rangers just under 50m and Celtic just over 60m.