Summer 2022 Transfer Window

22 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Maybe, I just find it weird if its all agreed to put the transfer in jeopardy by risking injury. Think Odd are resigned to losing him, he's out of contract in 6 months and think clubs can offer him a pre contract now. Someone said earlier their transfer window opens in August, maybe they want to hold on to him until then so they can sign a replacement?

Aye I think we need to put this Norwegian lad to bed and move onto the next target. CR9 is back in town so guess he’ll be starting against Peterhead. 

10 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Over £9 million for those lot is scary! DC has big questions to answer 

I’d hazard a guess that we pushed the boat out more than ever last season. Could be 1 or 2m added on with the wages we were paying players like Brown, Ramirez and Longstaff.

3 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Yeah that must be including all staff with NI etc.

As the breakdown on salarysport looks pretty on the money with players basic wages.

Don’t think our top earners is anywhere near accurate. No chance Brown or Ramirez is only on circa 5k a week even basic with add ons. 

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Shota Arveladze's nephew Vato is apparently due to sign for a club in Scotland. Plays as a no10 or second striker according to TransferMarkt. Wonder who the club is?

Hopefully not the Dons. He looks like a retard.

11 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Shota Arveladze's nephew Vato is apparently due to sign for a club in Scotland. Plays as a no10 or second striker according to TransferMarkt. Wonder who the club is?

Isn't he the gaffer at Hull City due to his weird relationship with their new owner?

1 hour ago, Zorba said:

Tranmere FAN. 

I'd be happy if we sign him, and it turns out to be the case. But League 2 is still a lower standard than SPL.

Jamie Vardy was playing non-league football when Leicester signed him so writing a player off purely because he's League 2 is silly.

There are players in those lower leagues who will do a perfectly decent job for Aberdeen.

3 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Jamie Vardy was playing non-league football when Leicester signed him so writing a player off purely because he's League 2 is silly.

There are players in those lower leagues who will do a perfectly decent job for Aberdeen.

Slightly weird comparison. LCFC signed Vardy when they were in the Championship after he scored 34 goals to get Fleetwood promoted to League 2 costing a million quid. Chump change for them, which £400k isn't to us and he had been outstanding for a full season.

I've never said he couldn't do a job or writing him off IF we sign him. I'm just saying from what I had seen of him in a few games he didn't stand out as a player I would have given a second thought to. I hope every player who signs turns out to be a great signing but it's not "silly" to have doubts.

3 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Sam Cosgrove.

Your point is? He's struggled in Championship and League 1 since leaving us. Think we all knew he was going through a purple patch and wasn't going to be our number 9 for years. 18 months of goals including a lot of pens helped us a lot, but no one was sad to see him go especially for £2m. Imagine he will struggle when he inevitably comes back on loan to the likes of St J, Motherwell etc.

6 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Slightly weird comparison. LCFC signed Vardy when they were in the Championship after he scored 34 goals to get Fleetwood promoted to League 2 costing a million quid. Chump change for them, which £400k isn't to us and he had been outstanding for a full season.

I've never said he couldn't do a job or writing him off IF we sign him. I'm just saying from what I had seen of him in a few games he didn't stand out as a player I would have given a second thought to. I hope every player who signs turns out to be a great signing but it's not "silly" to have doubts.

Fair enough. Yes I probably should have used a better comparison than Vardy but there are plenty of lower league English players who've done well when they've moved to Scotland.

11 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Your point is? He's struggled in Championship and League 1 since leaving us. Think we all knew he was going through a purple patch and wasn't going to be our number 9 for years. 18 months of goals including a lot of pens helped us a lot, but no one was sad to see him go especially for £2m. Imagine he will struggle when he inevitably comes back on loan to the likes of St J, Motherwell etc.

He scored over 20 goals in his first two seasons and banked us 2 million. Doesn't matter how he performed in the English Championship we play in the SPL.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

He scored over 20 goals in his first two seasons and banked us 2 million. Doesn't matter how he performed in the English Championship we play in the SPL.

The comparison was between League 2 and SPL, so the fact he hadn't actually played in League 2 does matter a little bit.