Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Mowbray has a decent pedigree and Goodwin speaks very highly of him, so i'm confident we're identifying quality targets. But it's all for nought if we can't then seal the deal.
I know some have said we'll be announcing a multitude of new signings this week and maybe we will. But given previous talk (from the club itself) of pre-contracts and exciting left sided CB's failing to materialise, regardless of what happens this week, you have to figure something's gone very wrong with our recruitment.

41 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

He'll be good for 10-15 goals so £500k is steep for that. We've got no strikers. He falls in to the lazy signing category so wont be coming here anyway 

Larry fiveheed maybe score 10-15 over the course of a 3 year contract, he won’t score that in a season in the top flight. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, NEM said:

Larry fiveheed maybe score 10-15 over the course of a 3 year contract, he won’t score that in a season in the top flight. 

i see he got 8 last season and 9 the season before. Get him on pens to help him over the line. if he was first pick for hearts for 40-50 games he'll do fine (but nothing on Simms)

11 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Mowbray has a decent pedigree and Goodwin speaks very highly of him, so i'm confident we're identifying quality targets. But it's all for nought if we can't then seal the deal.
I know some have said we'll be announcing a multitude of new signings this week and maybe we will. But given previous talk (from the club itself) of pre-contracts and exciting left sided CB's failing to materialise, regardless of what happens this week, you have to figure something's gone very wrong with our recruitment.

Why do you have to figure that? 

People will sign when it's the right time to sign. Rushing shit signings isn't good. 

2 hours ago, Zorba said:

The comparison was between League 2 and SPL, so the fact he hadn't actually played in League 2 does matter a little bit.

To add to that, he was a Carlisle reserve player who we purchased for 20k.

There are hidden gems to be discovered in league 2. I would agree that the probability for success is lower than league 1/Championship and I also agree the league as a whole is below the SPL however it would be foolish to disregard the league all together. 

The lad from Tranmere could be the next Shay Logan (who also played in league 2 for Tranmere albeit on loan).

2 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Why do you have to figure that? 

People will sign when it's the right time to sign. Rushing shit signings isn't good. 

Because the club has made noises about signings which haven't come to pass.

Because other clubs have no such issues securing their targets.

Because it makes no sense to let so many players leave without replacements lined up.

Because it's detrimental to sign players later in the window, denying them a proper pre-season & integration.

And because we have a quite frankly dreadful track record in recent seasons where recruitment's concerned.

4 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Because it makes no sense to let so many players leave without replacements lined up.

Because it's detrimental to sign players later in the window, denying them a proper pre-season & integration.

And because we have a quite frankly dreadful track record in recent seasons where recruitment's concerned.

Major issue is that players aren’t in place for beginning of preseason. As a result, they’re going to be playing catch up and some will need time to settle.

Not a particularly new thing to be honest… I thought this killed us during the euro campaigns under McInnes… players not fully up to speed when big games against good teams started up. On the positive, we’ve only got the league cup group stages to navigate this season!

44 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I have never met Gunn.

I’m sure he works hard.

But my gut tells me he couldn’t persuade an Ethiopian to eat a steak & chips. 

Massive week for Gunner on the way… will tell us a lot. He needs to start delivering. Fear for him if he’s let the Norwegian slip away too…

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do you think they have a zoom call with Cormack and they think 'fuck that, that cunt is a lunatic?' 

Or is Gunn even more hopeless than we think? 

Well mcinness seemed to get most of them over the line once he spoke to them.He was also good at not mentioning  signings until they had actually signed....

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Who have other teams such as Hearts, Hibs Utd signed that would improve us or you would say we've missed out on? How do you know other clubs haven't missed out on targets?

Potentially we have a few lined up waiting for contracts to be signed, paperwork to be completed prior to releasing the details.

Professional players will stay fit.

Your post is pant pishing of the highest order. Pampers definitely required.

Just now, Broken_Glass said:

Who have other teams such as Hearts, Hibs Utd signed that would improve us or you would say we've missed out on? How do you know other clubs haven't missed out on targets?

Potentially we have a few lined up waiting for contracts to be signed, paperwork to be completed prior to releasing the details.

Spin, spin, spin.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

People spouted this sort of blind faith stuff in January and last summer as well. 

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Agreed. Our league campaign starts on 31st July. No disrespect to Peterhead, Dumbarton or Stirling Albion but if we can't pick up 9 points from those 3 League Cup ties from the squad we currently have then we really are in worse trouble than I think (I'm deliberately missing out Raith Rovers as I'm aware we lost to them last season).

9 points I would expect would be enough for us to progress through the group but obviously I hope for 12 points.

Still plenty of time to strengthen before those group games.