Summer 2022 Transfer Window

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Fuck knows.

Lots of managers wouldnt care about what foot the centre backs are but Goodwin has spoken out about wanting right and left footed centre backs available and hence the interest in Scales and Dunne.

Going with 3 right sided and 1 left sided would go against that.

He's also really hinted that it would be Bates at right centre half and of course he has confirmed he will aim to start the season with a back four

I just read that Stewart is very close friends with a certain Charles Dunne. Stephen Robinson is a big fan of Declan, maybe we plan to do a swop of Gallagher for Dunne and we reunite the best friends in our back four.

And both are best friends with God so maybe JG is hoping that filling the team with god lovers will answer our prayers. Ramirez will also love having more people to go to church with too.?

With regards to Bates at right centre half, it was actually Hunter in the interview who said Bates should be on the right and then bring in a left sided Centre back. JG agreed that he wanted a left centre back and said it had been tough for Bates having to play there but he never actually said that DB was a cert for the right sided centre back. 

14 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

JG agreed that he wanted a left centre back and said it had been tough for Bates having to play there but he never actually said that DB was a cert for the right sided centre back. 

And thank fuck for that. 

It was touched on earlier, fuck only knows where this confidence in Bates as a first choice centre back comes from - right sided or left. He's looked consistently dodgy to me since his Sevco days and still does. I've always seen Gallagher as the steadier of the 2

3 hours ago, cruickc2 said:

Bottom line we need to be signing Connor Ronan, pay the £500k required and get him signed. If he signs for the mini huns we have fucked up big style

I've got a hunch that we'll get him now that Ramsey is away, If we sell Ferguson aswell then we've made a few quid this window so 500k is not outwith the realms of possibility

17 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I just read that Stewart is very close friends with a certain Charles Dunne. Stephen Robinson is a big fan of Declan, maybe we plan to do a swop of Gallagher for Dunne and we reunite the best friends in our back four.

And both are best friends with God so maybe JG is hoping that filling the team with god lovers will answer our prayers. Ramirez will also love having more people to go to church with too.?

With regards to Bates at right centre half, it was actually Hunter in the interview who said Bates should be on the right and then bring in a left sided Centre back. JG agreed that he wanted a left centre back and said it had been tough for Bates having to play there but he never actually said that DB was a cert for the right sided centre back. 

Top investigative skills.