Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Wow. We are overly concerned that he can’t play three or four games against Celtic, so the hell what. He strikes me as a good young player who will give his all for JG and us, and that’s all that matters as and when he can pull on the red jersey. Welcome aboard Liam. Not too many left agile left centre halves floating around to my knowledge 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

So, forgive me for being pessimistic, as I don't claim to know how good/bad these players are. 

On paper; 

A RB who's most recently played non league in England. 

A midfielder who was relegated from the Hungarian top flight. 

Celtics 5th choice centre half on loan (no option to buy.) 

I think we've all got caught up in the fact we're actually signing cunts, on paper, that is really, really grim. 

Hoping I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Disappointed with this signing. A perm move i'd have been onboard with, but a loan? No thanks. Developing their player at the expense of our own and assuming he's a starting pick, it leaves a hole in our team every time we go up against Celtic.

Agree and leaves a disjointed defence against the tims who we are likely to have to beat if we want to win anything - good for them short and long term - for us - panic buy

24 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Your nae getting him at left back according to JG

"He is coming in as a left sided centre half, which is the position I saw him play regularly for Shamrock Rovers, and the one we believe is his best position."

“He is aggressive, mobile, very comfortable on the ball and he has all the qualities you would want in a modern-day centre back.”

Aye I spotted that.

Let's see what happens. I'd still be surprised if Goodwin walks away from his initial interest in Dunne

15 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The reaction on Twitter, is just about 100% negative.

I don’t think it’s a reaction to the ability of the lad.

It’s purely down to us loaning him, potentially helping the Tims to sell him for a seven figure sum to the Championship next summer.

I'd actually cut the club more slack when its a panic signing near the deadline. Signing a loan from Celtic in June is not very ambitious to say the least. 

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Aye but the Wycombe lad is right sided, Scales is left sided and will probably play most week - the weeks we are not playing Sellic.

yeah, almost reads like a decision to improvise for the Celtic games, not great. 

51 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????‍☠️??????????????????????????????????????????????????? ............don’t have a clue just thought I’d throw a load of flags up bound to at least get the nationality correct of the next player in 

Scales none of those flags hahaha good effort though ??

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Aye I spotted that.

Let's see what happens. I'd still be surprised if Goodwin walks away from his initial interest in Dunne

I think we probably want 2 pacy left footers so agree we may still try for Dunne or someone else as Scales will still need competition and we will need someone to play in the games against Celtic. If we sign Stewart as well I'd fancy we will try to offload Gallagher. And as i mentioned last night i wouldn't be shocked if we offer him to Robinson and see if they will do a swop.  

I know I am in the minority but I am fine with this signing. Sure, i would have preferred a permanent deal but if it means one of the sh#t Centre halves we had playing last season is not going to be in the team most weeks this season i will still take that as a positive and I think he will show himself to be better than they were.  

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Yes as i said unless the club posted and deleted very quickly then its clearly fake. Doesn't change the fact that 'upload your images' doesn't indicate in itself that its fake.

Must have deleted it really quickly. Not sure why as they announced the signing anyway.