Summer 2022 Transfer Window

6 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Would you not less the wages we offered from the original contract?

Ie 3 years left at celtic at 8k a week is 1.2m

3 year deal offered by us at say 4k a week is 600k. Maybe subtract the signing on fee of 150k too so scales would still be 450k out of pocket? 

Surely either he agrees to celtic paying him x amount less or its covered by the fee from the buying team??

If Celtic accept a fee for him and he agrees terms on wages with us it isn’t automatic that he gets his contract payed up. He might try to get that with Celtic but they don’t have to pay it, then he doesn’t have to leave and deal would fall through. 

Every player that moves doesn’t get their existing contracts payed in full from the selling club plus their new wages. If that was the case players would be signing 4 year deals then trying to move every year to get double money. 

20 minutes ago, thurso said:

If Celtic accept a fee for him and he agrees terms on wages with us it isn’t automatic that he gets his contract payed up. He might try to get that with Celtic but they don’t have to pay it, then he doesn’t have to leave and deal would fall through. 

Every player that moves doesn’t get their existing contracts payed in full from the selling club plus their new wages. If that was the case players would be signing 4 year deals then trying to move every year to get double money. 

Surely the selling club would settle the existing contract with the player prior to him signing for a new club? 

We've accepted an offer from Aberdeen

I'm not going I've got 3 years left on my deal with you. 

We'll give you £100k

Ok, see you later 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, thurso said:

Yeah I assumed it would be the difference if you were taking a wage cut rather than the double wages.

Personally I would be sitting on my arse at Celtic or moving to a club who could match my wages before joining us on reduced terms and losing out on money.

29 minutes ago, thurso said:

That’s not how deals work I’m afraid.

If we offered Celtic £500,000 say since that’s what they payed for him and they accepted, we wouldn’t then have to pay him £1.6 million on top of the wages he was getting from us as he was about to loose that on his contract from Celtic. 

Would that mean next year when we took up the buying option he would expect £1.2 million on top of his wages 

You seriously are thick as absolute shite.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Surely the selling club would settle the existing contract with the player prior to him signing for a new club? 

We've accepted an offer Aberdeen

I'm not going I've got 3 years left on my deal with you. 

We'll give you £100k

Ok, see you later 

This is how i see it too, as said above ;  receiving x amount rather than the full contract paid up to leave. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If the selling club are trying to sell the player and want to move him on they might offer to pay the difference to get him to go if he was say going from Celtic to Aberdeen but if the player wants to leave for first team football the selling club won’t pay him a penny if he goes. 

5 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Yeah I assumed it would be the difference if you were taking a wage cut rather than the double wages.

Personally I would be sitting on my arse at Celtic or moving to a club who could match my wages before joining us on reduced terms and losing out on money.

And a lot of players will sit on their asses instead of going if they can’t get a contract as good anywhere else 

1 hour ago, thurso said:

Yes and when we played in that Scottish cup final one of our best players couldn’t play so we were already up against it. 

Nothing against the boy but if this was the exciting centre half Goodwin was talking about he needs his fucking head sorted. 

WE SHOULD NOT BE SIGNING PLAYERS ON LOAN FROM TEAMS IN OUR LEAGUE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES 

Aye Goodwin on the fucking wind up there 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, thurso said:

Yes and when we played in that Scottish cup final one of our best players couldn’t play so we were already up against it. 

Nothing against the boy but if this was the exciting centre half Goodwin was talking about he needs his fucking head sorted. 

WE SHOULD NOT BE SIGNING PLAYERS ON LOAN FROM TEAMS IN OUR LEAGUE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES 

Would you rather be in the final with a chance of winning than not?

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure I'm even that bothered about him missing Celtic games.

It's the lose-lose situation: if he's crap we're welcome him but if he's decent they'll want a fee we can't afford despite the fact we've taken the chance to play him and developed the lad.

We better have some other decent signings incoming.

5 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I’d rather have a player that’s 100 percent committed to the red and white of Aberdeen , and not running about the park dreaming with the song were all off to Dublin in the green in the green, and the team he’s going back to end of season, In this case green and white horizontal stripes.  

Loan signing ?canny be fucked wi them.

I want players signed up & committed.

Scales has a good season & tims will just up the ante or say thanks & he will be a 1st team regular for them. 

27 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I loved Ryan christie when he was here but we had more chance of beating Hibs without him than we did Celtic. The team that played the final would of beat Hibs to, and the only team that benefited was Celtic who had to play a weakened Aberdeen team in the final. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, minijc said:

Which one of Ramadani and Richardson are you classing as a lazy signing?

Can't say they are lazy. But on paper, not particularly ambitious. 

I figured we'd be doing these money ball type signings, loans, and bringing through some more youth, but surely we're going to announce some big ones?

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

I figured we'd be doing these money ball type signings, loans, and bringing through some more youth, but surely we're going to announce some big ones?

What would be classed as a big signing for us these days?   Not having a go, just don't think it's easy to define. 

Was Gallagher a big signing? Brown? Ramirez? 

And if we did make a 'big' signing first thing folk woukd be complaining about would be that we paid a transfer fee that was too high and/or the lad was getting paid how fucking much a week? 

35 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

What do you mean? Do you mean that signing Liam Scales as opposed to another left sided centre back makes us more likely to make the final. 

There are no left sided centre backs that would get us to the final, other than Liam Scales?