Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I’m quietly impressed with the signings to date.  Obviously we need to see how it all comes together but the targets appear to have been on the radar for a while and JG has articulated well what he needs and why he is recruiting who he is recruiting.  Feels like we are going to have a much more solid spine, some gumption so to speak that was sadly missing from most of the players last year 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

I’m quietly impressed with the signings to date.  Obviously we need to see how it all comes together but the targets appear to have been on the radar for a while and JG has articulated well what he needs and why he is recruiting who he is recruiting.  Feels like we are going to have a much more solid spine, some gumption so to speak that was sadly missing from most of the players last year 

Have you seen much of them play ?

54 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Would he though?

How many times have we seen him play? 

Still hoping we get Hladky but the more that drags on the less likely it becomes. 

It's actually quite bizarre, the Scottish papers were saying that McLaughlin will be fighting it out next season with McGregor to be sevco's first choice 'keeper. 

But unnoticed by many, when Marshall retired after the Ukraine defeat, it was Robbie McCrorie that got called up to the Scotland squad to replace him, not McLaughlin

Supposedly when Gerrard was managing the orcs, he viewed McCrorie as McGregor's long term successor but van Bronckhorst totally disagrees and McCrorie is refusing to sign a new contract, with only 12 months left on his old one,  without getting guaranteed playing time. 

If there is any truth in the Man U rumours then it makes any chance of him joining us negligible but although Ross got a relatively large amount of game-time as a youngster and is now an established regular with us, it was always Robbie that was thought of as having the higher ceiling of the twins.

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It's actually quite bizarre, the Scottish papers were saying that McLaughlin will be fighting it out next season with McGregor to be sevco's first choice 'keeper. 

But unnoticed by many, when Marshall retired after the Ukraine defeat, it was Robbie McCrorie that got called up to the Scotland squad to replace him, not McLaughlin

Supposedly when Gerrard was managing the orcs, he viewed McCrorie as McGregor's long term successor but van Bronckhorst totally disagrees and McCrorie is refusing to sign a new contract, with only 12 months left on his old one,  without getting guaranteed playing time. 

If there is any truth in the Man U rumours then it makes any chance of him joining us negligible but although Ross got a relatively large amount of game-time as a youngster and is now an established regular with us, it was always Robbie that was thought of as having the higher ceiling of the twins.

As attractive as Man U obviously are, including a massive weekly wedge, why would he (career wise) want to go to be their no3 keeper?

He’s 24 & needs to be playing.

He should go to a St Johnstone for 12-24 months then look for a bigger move to be a no1 somewhere else IMO. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

As attractive as Man U obviously are, including a massive weekly wedge, why would he (career wise) want to go to be their no3 keeper?

He’s 24 & needs to be playing.

He should go to a St Johnstone for 12-24 months then look for a bigger move to be a no1 somewhere else IMO. 

You've answered your own question there

Danny Ward has been a back up 'keeper all his career (except for his loans with us and Huddersfield) but supposedly earning in excess of £30k/wk at Leicester and earned 26 Welsh caps to date despite this

McCrorie would be mad not to jump at the chance if there's any Man U interest. Even if he only got half of what Ward is on...and 15k/wk is peanuts to Man U...he'd be set up for life on a 3 year deal. He's still only be 27 when it ran out, not a lot older than many 'keepers establish themselves as first-choice,  and he'd certainly get his choice of clubs in the Championship at worst on it's expiry. Maybe even then return to his roots as sevco's first choice

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Would he though?

How many times have we seen him play? 

Still hoping we get Hladky but the more that drags on the less likely it becomes. 

Not that I think we would get him but I think mccrorie would be a better in the long term than hladky. 

To be honest tho I’d rather we went with Lewis this season with young Ritchie as his back up and spend the money else where in the team 

25 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

That would be a cracking signing for a year or two. There is no chance Hearts would let him come to us surely? 

If we were to take Boyce and they replaced him with Shankland that alone should get Neilson the sack. 

I think they'd probably want a hefty fee. And he's 31. Does he suit the style Goodwin wants and has been talking about? High energy and high pressing? I don't think he does tbh. 

9 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

If we were to take Boyce and they replaced him with Shankland that alone should get Neilson the sack. 

I think they'd probably want a hefty fee. And he's 31. Does he suit the style Goodwin wants and has been talking about? High energy and high pressing? I don't think he does tbh. 

Weird signing, if it happens. Boyce has never really been an out and out goalscorer, nor a target man, more of a number 10; an injury prone, ageing, one at that. We already have one of those, Watkins

Agree with earlier suggestions that maybe Hearts have enquired about Gallagher and we've said, okay, gie us Boyce.

Maybe Hearts want Watkins too?

7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Spoken to a couple of Hearts fans i know and they don't seem to worried (other than the fact they don't want to sell to a rival club), they seem to think moving him on to free up resources to bring someone better and younger in would be a very good thing for them. For that reason, unless he's a back up then its a no from me. If Hearts fans think they can get someone better and younger in then so can we.

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Weird signing, if it happens. Boyce has never really been an out and out goalscorer, nor a target man, more of a number 10; an injury prone, ageing, one at that. We already have one of those, Watkins

Agree with earlier suggestions that maybe Hearts have enquired about Gallagher and we've said, okay, gie us Boyce.

Maybe Hearts want Watkins too?

Watkins is nothing like a stereotypical hearts player, Gallagher is. 

7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Spoken to a couple of Hearts fans i know and they don't seem to worried (other than the fact they don't want to sell to a rival club), they seem to think moving him on to free up resources to bring someone better and younger in would be a very good thing for them. For that reason, unless he's a back up then its a no from me. If Hearts fans think they can get someone better and younger in then so can we.

LOL

• Haha 1