Summer 2022 Transfer Window

9 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

If we were to take Boyce and they replaced him with Shankland that alone should get Neilson the sack. 

I think they'd probably want a hefty fee. And he's 31. Does he suit the style Goodwin wants and has been talking about? High energy and high pressing? I don't think he does tbh. 

Weird signing, if it happens. Boyce has never really been an out and out goalscorer, nor a target man, more of a number 10; an injury prone, ageing, one at that. We already have one of those, Watkins

Agree with earlier suggestions that maybe Hearts have enquired about Gallagher and we've said, okay, gie us Boyce.

Maybe Hearts want Watkins too?

7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

If we were to take Boyce and they replaced him with Shankland that alone should get Neilson the sack. 

I think they'd probably want a hefty fee. And he's 31. Does he suit the style Goodwin wants and has been talking about? High energy and high pressing? I don't think he does tbh. 

Spoken to a couple of Hearts fans i know and they don't seem to worried (other than the fact they don't want to sell to a rival club), they seem to think moving him on to free up resources to bring someone better and younger in would be a very good thing for them. For that reason, unless he's a back up then its a no from me. If Hearts fans think they can get someone better and younger in then so can we.

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Weird signing, if it happens. Boyce has never really been an out and out goalscorer, nor a target man, more of a number 10; an injury prone, ageing, one at that. We already have one of those, Watkins

Agree with earlier suggestions that maybe Hearts have enquired about Gallagher and we've said, okay, gie us Boyce.

Watkins is nothing like a stereotypical hearts player, Gallagher is. 

7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Spoken to a couple of Hearts fans i know and they don't seem to worried (other than the fact they don't want to sell to a rival club), they seem to think moving him on to free up resources to bring someone better and younger in would be a very good thing for them. For that reason, unless he's a back up then its a no from me. If Hearts fans think they can get someone better and younger in then so can we.

LOL

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

More likely we've been phoning around to try and get shot of Gallagher

18 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

He scored plenty for Ross County to fall into the out and out goalscorer category surely? Was top scorer in the SPL his last season there was he not?

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Stewart didn't fall into that range either 

True and he is 29 and an unknown , but Boyce isn’t He isn’t a regular scorer wrong side of thirty and goodwin did say he’d prefer younger players the experience is the 24-28 maybe 1 or 2 29/30 to play the higher pressing game and for the fitness levels he is looking , in he didn’t say that I’ll hold my hands up , but I’m 99% sure he said that in his hunter interview 

1 minute ago, Baaaaa heid said:

True and he is 29 and an unknown , but Boyce isn’t He isn’t a regular scorer wrong side of thirty and goodwin did say he’d prefer younger players the experience is the 24-28 maybe 1 or 2 29/30 to play the higher pressing game and for the fitness levels he is looking , in he didn’t say that I’ll hold my hands up , but I’m 99% sure he said that in his hunter interview 

I'd rather bring someone younger but saying he's not a regular goalscorer just isn't true.  Scored goals wherever he's been. 

200 career goals in 450 games is not to be sniffed at. 

• Upvote 3
10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd rather bring someone younger but saying he's not a regular goalscorer just isn't true.  Scored goals wherever he's been. 

200 career goals in 450 games is not to be sniffed at. 

Ramirez scores the same amount as him last season and are fans went nuts because he couldn’t find the net in the second half of the season, I just think after saying we are casting are net wide but end up with a guy that is the wrong side of 30/31 that knocked us back before he went to Burton is lazy recruitment 

1 minute ago, Baaaaa heid said:

Ramirez scores the same amount as him last season and are fans went nuts because he couldn’t find the net in the second half of the season you think he can do better because I can’t 

I think he could offer a few other attributes that Ramirez comes up a bit short on.

Would rather have Boyce for sure.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

Ramirez scores the same amount as him last season and are fans went nuts because he couldn’t find the net in the second half of the season you think he can do better because I can’t 

I'd certainly hope we would be looking for more of a "marquee" striker signing if we signed Boyce. He won't put arses on seats. I still have to be convinced that 1/ this is actually true and 2/ he fits into Goodwins style of play. Lauritsen and Miovski certainly seem more suitable signings but i guess we'll see.