Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 minute ago, Helmet said:

Boyce isn't a bad player, but I'd really prefer a fresh face up front tbh.

Maybe if Boyce replaces Ramirez and we bring in a younger option as well but no thanks to Boyce and Ramirez.

Boyce would be the ultimate lazy signing. Would genuinely be gutted if we go from being linked with in demand young European strikers and end up with Liam fucking Boyce.

• Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, CCB III said:

What we lacked last season was someone to link play. Most our assists came from corners/FKs or players crossing from wide areas. Fullbacks, mainly. 

I watched Hearts a lot last season and Boyce is more of a 10 now than a 9. But knows where the net is. 

Can't remember the last useful player like that we had. 

It's moot anyway cause I don't think he'll join 

Moo point

• Dildo 1
5 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Boyce would be the ultimate lazy signing. Would genuinely be gutted if we go from being linked with in demand young European strikers and end up with Liam fucking Boyce.

Everything depends not the details though.

Say we swapped him for Gallagher, then sold Ramirez for £200k and brought in a young promising striker as well?

(Wont happen)

Boyce is a good player technically and a fairly decent finisher, but with JG saying he wants an energetic pressing team Boyce doesn't really fit that. Unless he's played as a number 10 to link the play and whoever the main striker is, can press the centre backs.

1 hour ago, Baaaaa heid said:

For me I just don’t like the way he plays as good as all his attributes you listed is I prefer a striker with pace to play on the shoulder of the last  defender And can take someone on ,

If the club sign him he would be a meh player for me , and I know a while back Boyce has pace but I think he has lost a yard or two ,the attributes you listed can make up the yard or to he has lost but It’s a no for me 

What matters the most is the service to what ever striker we have 

I don't think playing on the shoulder would work for us. We tend to have a lot of possession and teams sit deep happy knowing we can do fuck all to hurt them.

Player like that would be good on the counter though 

Guest milne_afc
16 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Would imagine there’s 1 signing at least before the weekend

Try not to worry about it. Really, it has zero impact on your life.

1 hour ago, Zorba said:

From the potential of signing quite intriguing strikers like Laurtisen and the Macedonian lad to Liam Boyce? You would take Boyce as a back up and bring him on if chasing a goal, but you'd imagine Hearts would want couple hundred grand and his wages would be up there. I also don't understand how we sign Scales on a loan, then after we sign him apparently try to insert a buying clause. Surely you would negotiate that before?

As for Robby McCrorie to Man Utd, it's coming from exact same sources saying Siegrist was gonna sign for Man utd as second choice also.

Edit- And who also claim Bologna and Sassuolo are in for Barron, been waiting for Doig at Hibs to move to Italy for the past 12/18 months according to them.

Robbie McCrorie to Man Utd. 
Jesus Christ. I know this place is a bit of the scale at times but that’s different level. 

18 minutes ago, Glass half full said:

Robbie McCrorie to Man Utd. 
Jesus Christ. I know this place is a bit of the scale at times but that’s different level. 

It's not coming from here (I dont think?) Its coming from the same "sports journalist" from DR who said Siegrist was moving to Man Utd also.

Boyce for me feels like a plaster, what are we realistically going to get out of him maybe two years tops before he starts becoming slower and fatter... 

Aye he HAS a goal scoring record but that will be declining over next few years.  

Genuinely i feel like he is a plan H player as all the other ones haven't signed...

7 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

I don't think playing on the shoulder would work for us. We tend to have a lot of possession and teams sit deep happy knowing we can do fuck all to hurt them.

Player like that would be good on the counter though 

A few your ago when he was at county I would of taken him ,now it’s a solid no ,just think we can find a better player 

9 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Some folk need to have a cold shower, the love in for Boyce is pretty embarrassing. You can be sure as hell @Wester Hailes Skins will be rubbing himself something chronic at the thought of Aberdeen fans wishing Boyce signs. 

I'd like to think we would be looking at better players than an average Hearts player. 

He splits the Hearts support. Personally I think he's underachieved. He's on about 8k a week. I don't think he's ever looked like the Ross County player. He seems slow. Ponderous. Sometimes a poor touch. Poor pass. Doesn't impose himself. Plays too deep, but that might be Robbie. 

At 31 with a year left I'd love to see us get a fee and him off the wage bill. 8k would go some way to getting Simms back on loan. Not a huge Shankland fan. But more excited by him than Boyce. 

I'm not even fussed Boyce going to a rival. Good luck, as you burn through the Ramsay money. 

10 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Aye fuck signing good footballers. Be better signing some young cunt on the off chance he’s half decent and the club can make some money and gloat about it. Fuck actually winning games. 

He’s average and slow 

off chance? Shankland has come good. From languishing in our youth to being picked for Scotland over a couple of years. 

That isn’t exactly “hoping”. 

44 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

He splits the Hearts support. Personally I think he's underachieved. He's on about 8k a week. I don't think he's ever looked like the Ross County player. He seems slow. Ponderous. Sometimes a poor touch. Poor pass. Doesn't impose himself. Plays too deep, but that might be Robbie. 

At 31 with a year left I'd love to see us get a fee and him off the wage bill. 8k would go some way to getting Simms back on loan. Not a huge Shankland fan. But more excited by him than Boyce. 

I'm not even fussed Boyce going to a rival. Good luck, as you burn through the Ramsay money. 

Fuck off you hun bastard 

• Upvote 9
1 hour ago, spamspamspam said:

He’s average and slow 

off chance? Shankland has come good. From languishing in our youth to being picked for Scotland over a couple of years. 

That isn’t exactly “hoping”. 

He got picked for Scotland as we had no one else. He's not been near a squad in an age. His 'top league' record is dire - he's a Scottish championship level player

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Looking forward to hearing Goodwin getting quizzed about Boyce later today and blowing it out of the water.

We can, and will, do better. A signing that would make zero sense on many levels.

It makes sense on many levels too. Looking like our preferred forward choices are having reservations about joining up so we are working our way through our list. If Ramirez is off this guy would be a decent replacement. In fact I'd rather we got rid of the sulky yank twat and brought in Boyce. Proven record. we still would need another two strikers in addition to Ramirez / Boyce anyway.

16 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Looking forward to hearing Goodwin getting quizzed about Boyce later today and blowing it out of the water.

We can, and will, do better. A signing that would make zero sense on many levels.

If it's a way to get shot of Gallagher and give them both a fresh start i'd be up for it. Every other scenario it's a no.

Notice JG saying in the papers this morning he expects 2 or 3 more to be leaving

“It is always difficult to come into a club in February with no transfer window to look forward to.

“You have to work with the players that are available to you.

“When I came, there was a squad of about 30 — 12 of those have been released and there will probably be two or three more leaving.

“I knew the job I was coming into.

“We under-achieved greatly last season, but I see the big turnover as a positive thing.

“Some people don’t like it, but I think we can bring in some fresh faces and revitalise the whole squad.

“The players who remain know exactly what demands will be put on them.

“We’re in talks with a good number of players who will come in and strengthen the squad.

“We’re working hard on fitness to make sure come the first game, we’ll be firing on all cylinders.”

The Irishman, who replaced Stephen Glass, is well aware standards must rise if Dons are to get back into the top six and contend for a European place.

After a catastrophic tenth place finish, he added: “There’s no getting away from what happened last season.

“We accept the criticism but it is very much behind us now.

“There are good times ahead. We want the people of Aberdeen be excited about their team.”

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Notice JG saying in the papers this morning he expects 2 or 3 more to be leaving

“It is always difficult to come into a club in February with no transfer window to look forward to.

“You have to work with the players that are available to you.

“When I came, there was a squad of about 30 — 12 of those have been released and there will probably be two or three more leaving.

“I knew the job I was coming into.

“We under-achieved greatly last season, but I see the big turnover as a positive thing.

“Some people don’t like it, but I think we can bring in some fresh faces and revitalise the whole squad.

“The players who remain know exactly what demands will be put on them.

“We’re in talks with a good number of players who will come in and strengthen the squad.

“We’re working hard on fitness to make sure come the first game, we’ll be firing on all cylinders.”

The Irishman, who replaced Stephen Glass, is well aware standards must rise if Dons are to get back into the top six and contend for a European place.

After a catastrophic tenth place finish, he added: “There’s no getting away from what happened last season.

“We accept the criticism but it is very much behind us now.

“There are good times ahead. We want the people of Aberdeen be excited about their team.”

Sounds like the Hunter interview.