Summer 2022 Transfer Window

42 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I also notice that United are apparently in for Doidge from Hibs as well as Jamie McGrath according to the papers this morning. 

Wouldn't be totally surprised if we get linked with Doidge too. Not something I'm advocating i should add. Just wouldn't be totally surprised to see a link mentioned in the days ahead if we don't manage to get Lauritsen or others we have already targeted. 

No thanks to both especially Doidge. Incredibly lazy if we sign doidge. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slippers said:

No thanks to both especially Doidge. Incredibly lazy if we sign doidge. 

If we were to sign either Boyce or Doidge it would just be  a throwback to McInnes' time in charge. Try and buy players when they are younger and in demand, then when we get rejected go back for them 5 years later when they are older, slower and nobody else wants them. Amazed we've not been linked with Louis Moult yet.

28 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

As much as we'd all love that 2 or 3 to include McLennan and Kennedy, i think when this interview took place that he was probably referring to Ramsay, Ferguson and one other (maybe Ramirez).

I would guess he meant players he is moving on and it would be folk out the door perhaps Gallagher, Ramirez, Woods etc

57 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I also notice that United are apparently in for Doidge from Hibs as well as Jamie McGrath according to the papers this morning. 

Wouldn't be totally surprised if we get linked with Doidge too. Not something I'm advocating i should add. Just wouldn't be totally surprised to see a link mentioned in the days ahead if we don't manage to get Lauritsen or others we have already targeted. 

Why?

1 hour ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Yep.  100% from the Hunter interview.   There was enough in that hour for the rags to regurgitate it some way or form for about 6 months. 

Lazy journalism. 
Using snippets from an hour long interview weeks ago & dragging it out over the next few weeks.

No wonder folk belittle sports journalism these days. It’s a piece of piss, your work is basically done for you. 

9 hours ago, Peedie1 said:

Boyce for me feels like a plaster, what are we realistically going to get out of him maybe two years tops before he starts becoming slower and fatter... 

Aye he HAS a goal scoring record but that will be declining over next few years.  

Genuinely i feel like he is a plan H player as all the other ones haven't signed...

Are we realistically going to get a decent striker in and keep them beyond 2 seasons? if they do well, they'll be off. If they don't, then they'll get punted anyways.

I'd be more than happy to have someone come in and score 20+ a season for 2 years if we are able to replace them, like we've done with Rooney > Cosgrove > Ramirez (pre Goodwin). 

So, defence is sorted,  still need a keeper, creative midfielder and a forward line - time to get those irons in the fire turned into actual signings

Whats happening with Davenport? The two foreign strikers (surely they would have signed by now if interested) The Jambo's sticker (do we really want him?) Other "under the radar" targets?

Long way to go in this window.........

If we end up with Boyce on a 2 year deal as part of an arrangement to get rid of one of our underperforming players this end there would be no complaint from me.

Boyce scores goals and does so much more for the team than that.

Whilst he was on pitch at Cup Final the Watery Farts were very much in the match. Once he was substituted the match swung in favour of Sevco.

1 minute ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Between Boyce and Naismith including bonuses etc we weren't getting much change out of 20k a week. I wasn't impressed to learn this at the time. 

Not surprised.

Naismith in particular was practically finished,  was he not?

Never fails to surprise why all clubs pay top dollar to aging players, who invariably have less and less available game time as they reach the mid 30's age bracket. 

St Johnstone taking Considine on a 2 year deal is a case in point, albeit the high wages aspect is not apparent in big Andy's case.

1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

It was widely reported at the time he signed for them that he had been given a 4 year deal on 6-7K a week. I guess with bonusses it could be 8K.

Even scarier is the fact we have our number 9 on more than that still. ?

Doubtful

9 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Is there actually anything to suggest Hearts want Gallagher or is it all just wishful thinking?

3 minutes ago, shinniesta1 said:

Where have you got Hearts wanting Gallagher from? That's surely ridiculous 

they were in for him last summer, they could afford him, we are probably flogging him around, and it's wishful thinking.