Summer 2022 Transfer Window

37 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

To be fait, always looked like Miovski would be the better signing of the 2 anyway.

Did it? Since when? 

The dons have recruited some players but right now we know less about them than what we did with glass’ players (at least we had heard of brown and JET). Difficult to say it’s better recruitment this window than last 

18 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

Will this be the window that we break our record fee paid? It remains Paul Bernard at £1m (I think)

With this new stadium we have thrown millions at already and will continue to hoard money for, despite no site even being confirmed yet, I suspect not.

Although reckon we have spent around £700k already. Can't remember a window where we have spent over £750k in recent years. IMO we still need a GK, LB, CM, AM, LW, so if they are of any quality and not loans imagine that would cost another £800k/£1m. Good seeing the club spend money but always have to offset by the money taken in. So far we have taken in £5.2m up front, so there's still £4.5m banked. With the players who have left, our wage bill is probably less than last season including the new signings.

9 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Boyce link rubbished by Goodwin today.

He said he wants another new striker but will be a youngster and potentially on loan.

New deals in the offing for Jack Milne and Ryan Duncan, as well as Barron. 

Nice wee dig at Connor Barron’s agent too, trying to create transfer speculation that doesn’t actually exist.

That would suggest CR as it stands is staying put. Ramirez/Miovski/Young Striker would be a strikeforce i'd be happy to start the season with considering will more than likely only be 1 up top. Take away Ramirez than it's basically like last season, although with the back up striker potentially an upgrade on Ruth. 

Ryan Duncan is a winger? Where does Jack Milne play? Do we have any good youth prospects who are out and out number 9s?

39 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We're going to end up with practically an entire new starting eleven by the time the window closes at the end of August 

We certainly needed to strengthen in every single position imo.

Wasn't going to work just trying to plug the most obvious gaps- several of the circa 14 guys left on the books at the end of the year should be restricted to being backups or even moved on.

Just now, Helmet said:

We certainly needed to strengthen in every single position imo.

Wasn't going to work just trying to plug the most obvious gaps- several of the circa 14 guys left on the books at the end of the year should be restricted to being backups or even moved on.

Aye, an Eddie Turnbull style clear out was absolutely what was required. 

Looking forward to a new dawn, whatever it brings. 

21 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Boyce link rubbished by Goodwin today.

He said he wants another new striker but will be a youngster and potentially on loan.

Didn’t deny interest in Jamie McGrath but said  any action might be to wait till end of the window. On a very lucrative deal at Wigan.

Will try and get a permanent deal for Scales but will have to wait and see on that one.

New deals in the offing for Jack Milne and Ryan Duncan, as well as Barron. 

Nice wee dig at Connor Barron’s agent too, trying to create transfer speculation that doesn’t actually exist.

if @DandyDonsideis correct with what he said earlier in the week I guess that would mean its Jackson Conway from Atlanta UTD. Got Scottish blood so no worries trying to get a visa for him.

Maybe the wrong thread to ask this, but does anyone have a clue who our coaches are? Obviously there's Goodwin, Sharpe and Samson, but previously we had Glass, Brown, Russell, Apu, Marshall and Robson. The club made a hoopla whenever we got a coach last season treating it like a new player, maybe I missed it when he first took the job but have looked at pre-season photos and can only see Goodwin and Sharpe, also possibly the sports guy Kirk or whatever his name is.

14 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Maybe the wrong thread to ask this, but does anyone have a clue who our coaches are? Obviously there's Goodwin, Sharpe and Samson, but previously we had Glass, Brown, Russell, Apu, Marshall and Robson. The club made a hoopla whenever we got a coach last season treating it like a new player, maybe I missed it when he first took the job but have looked at pre-season photos and can only see Goodwin and Sharpe, also possibly the sports guy Kirk or whatever his name is.

Think Goodwin runs with a very tight ship, him and Sharp do all the coaching and training shit themselves. Did see Simmie overseeing matters, however. No sign of Robson in any pre season stuff I’ve seen

37 minutes ago, Zorba said:

That's how I see it so surely a saving on the coaching team. It seems like Goodwin wants him and Spice Boy Lee Sharp to do all the training

2 hours ago, moray1903 said:

I must admit that I'm pretty impressed with the way Goodman ,Gunn and Mowbray have gone about there business. The press are just chasing shadows and spouting shite, and one by one we announce what look like good signings on good contracts. We'll done guys

While people like Zero are going into meltdown shouting about lies etc.

PMSL 

Onwards and upwards. 

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

While people like Zero are going into meltdown shouting about lies etc.

PMSL 

Onwards and upwards. 

The fact that we are signing players from foreign leagues is placating him. Granted I am quite happy that they are signing internationals . Mind you I thought that when they signed those Bulgarian plums many years ago until I saw them play .

All we required to do was to have appointed a North Macedonian manager instead of Goodwin and his pants would have exploded.