Summer 2022 Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, mutant said:

Decent shot stopper on his day but the constant flapping with high balls into his box caused a lot of problems last season and panics with the ball at his feet.

Proper competition/ new number one is definitely needed.

I don't think the defence has helped I don't think he's been the same since McKenna left. Not sure Hladky is answer really, I'm not sure he's much better than Woods. 

2 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Wouldn’t imagine Sparta Rotterdam could offer more wages than us, smaller club as well. Guess Rotterdam is a cooler city. Rreckon we would’ve pulled out once it became evident we were getting miovski , leaving lauritsen with only one option.

I doubt he's chosen them to take a smaller wage than we have offered. 

Technically they've won more Eredivisie championships than we've won leagues but their last one was over 60 years ago, you still wouldn't exactly call them diddy though. Lauritsen's made his choice, we move on and hopefully source an even better player instead.

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Technically they've won more Eredivisie championships than we've won leagues but their last one was over 60 years ago, you still wouldn't exactly call them diddy though. Lauritsen's made his choice, we move on and hopefully source an even better player instead.

If it was the McInnes era we wouldnt move on he'd be joining on loan in 2023

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

You’re right, the wage agreed will probably be similar to what we offered. They get circa 10k average attendance so slightly less than. Better exposure with a mid table eredivisie team to be honest though. Reckon it would’ve been a tight call for the lad overall, could’ve gone either way.

52 minutes ago, thurso said:

If it’s him would of preferred a younger keeper to be joining us 

31 tbf isn't particularly old for a 'keeper, look at how old the Edinburgh clubs' 'keepers are. He's more than 3 years younger than Lewis and ideally we can move Lewis on as I don't think he'll take too kindly to be second choice. Then we could look at bringing in a younger back up, although Tom Ritchie does seem to be very highly rated, he'd probably be better off going out on loan this season to get himself some first team experience.

7 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

You’re right, the wage agreed will probably be similar to what we offered. They get circa 10k average attendance so slightly less than. Better exposure with a mid table eredivisie team to be honest though. Reckon it would’ve been a tight call for the lad overall, could’ve gone either way.

It was probably enough to swing it that another Odd player was going to Sparta this summer

3 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Wouldn’t imagine Sparta Rotterdam could offer more wages than us, smaller club as well. Guess Rotterdam is a cooler city. Rreckon we would’ve pulled out once it became evident we were getting miovski , leaving lauritsen with only one option.

I presume it was one or the other for us since both cost a fair fee. Once Miovski signed I presumed we walked away.

If Ramirez is staying we're ok for forwards now imo, if he's away then another (cheaper) forward will likely come in. 

46 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

31 tbf isn't particularly old for a 'keeper, look at how old the Edinburgh clubs' 'keepers are. He's more than 3 years younger than Lewis and ideally we can move Lewis on as I don't think he'll take too kindly to be second choice. Then we could look at bringing in a younger back up, although Tom Ritchie does seem to be very highly rated, he'd probably be better off going out on loan this season to get himself some first team experience.

Even joe Lewis is younger than both Edinburgh goalies. 

I just feel if we are going to sign a goalie it should be a good younger goalie mid to late 20s. Hladky is barely 3 years younger than Lewis so we will probably have the same problem in 2 years time. Might as well go with joe than sign someone else and put Ritchie in in a year or so since he’s so highly thought of. I’d even be inclined to give Ritchie a game in the league cup groups to see how he gets on 

Hladky is a decent keeper but don't think he's an improvement on Lewis, much and such the same. Not against the signing and £100k to sign a player capable of challenging Lewis seems a good enough deal considering the money we just took in. Do you think if Lewis was at Ipswich, he would be No 2? Also, a St Mirren fan I know says that Jak Alnwick was a better all-round keeper than Hladky. We desperately need to replace Woods though, was a weird signing.

3 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Hladky is a decent keeper but don't think he's an improvement on Lewis, much and such the same. Not against the signing and £100k to sign a player capable of challenging Lewis seems a good enough deal considering the money we just took in. Do you think if Lewis was at Ipswich, he would be No 2? Also, a St Mirren fan I know says that Jak Alnwick was a better all-round keeper than Hladky. We desperately need to replace Woods though, was a weird signing.

Woods was the definition of lazy recruitment

9 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Woods was the definition of lazy recruitment

Did we not find him at a minutes notice when Cerny got a career ender? So that was probably well played by the recruitment team. Extending his contract not once but twice is the bit that is a massive fuck up

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, DandyDon80 said:

I am a big fan of Mcinnes but we never actually qualified for Europe, just the qualifying rounds. I honestly think that Goodwins achievements will surpass Mcinnes if he is given time. 

I thought playing a team from a different country meant you were playing in Europe to qualify for Europe you have to do well in your own country. 

Maybe I’m just old and remember that as the way it was

24 minutes ago, DandyDon80 said:

I am a big fan of Mcinnes but we never actually qualified for Europe, just the qualifying rounds. I honestly think that Goodwins achievements will surpass Mcinnes if he is given time. 

So all these games against teams from foreign countries the length and breadth of Continental Europe were just pre-season friendlies then.

Strange that the SPFL allow the teams who ,presumably, elect to play these friendlies to bypass the group stages of the League Cup. Seems a bit unfair. 

3 minutes ago, redone said:

So all these games against teams from foreign countries the length and breadth of Continental Europe were just pre-season friendlies then.

Strange that the SPFL allow the teams who ,presumably, elect to play these friendlies to bypass the group stages of the League Cup. Seems a bit unfair. 

I know we finished in a league position which would allow us to qualify for the competition but we never made it to the knock out stages under Mcinnes. We came close on a few occasions but didn't get there. But yes, you could argue that we qualified for Europe