Summer 2022 Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Lewis is more than capable and for me still deserves to be number one. Any keeper playing behind that back line last year would have struggled. The hesitancy of the central pairing, the initial high pressing full backs Glass persisted with which left the defence hopelessly exposed and basic errors all left Lewis basically fucked. 

Get a settled back 4, a competent centre half pairing and Joe will be back to his best in no time.

I think Lewis is past it. He's not going to get better with age like wine and Craig Gordon.  We can find a better keeper.

That keeper does need to be pretty good though.  It looks like our first choice back four will consist of a rookie from Forest, a good CB from Wycombe that has no experience of the SPFL, an Irish CB that has played plenty games but not at this level, plus a young and inexperienced MacKenzie at LB.  The keeper that stands behind that back four needs to be experienced and confident.  Lewis would be OK, but I'd prefer better.

19 minutes ago, Zorba said:

No swap for Charles Dunne, he is god awful. I'd rather we paid off Gallagher and just cut our losses, or loaned him to St Mirren with them covering 75% of his wage. If it was a loan would mean they don't have to pay him a signing fee so could afford more in wages. I'd rather see one of the youngsters sit on the bench and be the 5th choice centre half than Dunne be it.

You've been sucking yer soul through the glass bbq if you think st Mirren will cover 75% oh his wages 

40 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

You and I will just have to agree to disagree there.  You need at least two good players for every position because they will push each other to excel, plus we need to cover for suspensions and injuries.  A player who knows he has no competition knows he doesn't have to fight for his place. 

Goalie isn’t like outfield tho where you do need two for each as you rest as the season goes on. Goalies are generally undroppable unless they are horrendous. 

Plenty teams only go with one really good goalie and an average back up who hardly plays. Be better of letting Lewis go and instead of signing hladky getting one really good keeper in with 3 quarter of the wages of both put together. 

16 minutes ago, thurso said:

Goalie isn’t like outfield tho where you do need two for each as you rest as the season goes on. Goalies are generally undroppable unless they are horrendous. 

Plenty teams only go with one really good goalie and an average back up who hardly plays. Be better of letting Lewis go and instead of signing hladky getting one really good keeper in with 3 quarter of the wages of both put together. 

Like I said, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Everybody needs competition, plus you never know what'll happen.

Every decent team in a decent league needs two quality goalies.

1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

Lewis is more than capable and for me still deserves to be number one. Any keeper playing behind that back line last year would have struggled. The hesitancy of the central pairing, the initial high pressing full backs Glass persisted with which left the defence hopelessly exposed and basic errors all left Lewis basically fucked. 

Get a settled back 4, a competent centre half pairing and Joe will be back to his best in no time.

The mistakes and inability to save a shot aren’t his only problems tho, he couldn’t start a counterattack if his life depended on it and with Goodwin wanting to play with urgency Lewis and his dithering is not a good fit

2 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Like I said, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Everybody needs competition, plus you never know what'll happen.

Every decent team in a decent league needs two quality goalies.

There are very few clubs that pay 2 goalies a similar wage, maybe Chelsea? 

Even at like man utd/Liverpool, de gea earns 250k Allison 200k and there back ups are 5 figures, maybe 100k for Henderson. Mcgregor and Hart paid alot more than bain and mclaughlin. 

We just need a decent cerny type back up IMO. Woods was fucking wank.

3 hours ago, reekie_dock said:

You've been sucking yer soul through the glass bbq if you think st Mirren will cover 75% oh his wages 

They could cover £4,400 pw last season for Ronan from Wolves.

Edit - Scrub that, think that was his actual wage he was getting Wolves. No idea what St Mirren covered.

3 hours ago, thurso said:

LOL. Lewis was horrendous last season he got dropped a few times but Gary Woods was so shit Lewis got the gloves back a game later ?

5 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

If Gallagher goes that leaves Watkins and Ramirez  as the only signings remaining from our summer 2021 window.

Gallagher and Watkins are arguably McInnes signings, so that would leave Ramirez as Glass's only summer signing left, and I suspect he'll be gone pretty soon.

Bates & Vinny were also Glass singings weren’t they?

7 hours ago, thurso said:

Be better of letting Lewis go and instead of signing hladky getting one really good keeper in with 3 quarter of the wages of both put together. 

Well we clearly wouldn't be better off if we had to pay him off and then replace him.

Be as well keep him as the backup and sign the "replacement" and let them compete for it.

8 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

If Gallagher goes that leaves Watkins and Ramirez  as the only signings remaining from our summer 2021 window.

Gallagher and Watkins are arguably McInnes signings, so that would leave Ramirez as Glass's only summer signing left, and I suspect he'll be gone pretty soon.

How do you work that one out? He signed for us at the end of august last year. 

he was a lazy glass signing 

20 hours ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

Hearing a GK signing today fellas

Once again we will not be signing any players before Monday. We made a move for Robbie McCrorie yesterday and he is now our number 1 GK target as things have moved too slowly with Ipswich. From what I have heard Goodwin has had a conversation with McCrorie and believes he is exactly the type of player he wants at the club. We all know Goodwin has talked about getting players in with the right character first and foremost, and we all know how highly he regards his brother Ross. Robbie McCrorie will be an Aberdeen player next season.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, DandyDonside said:

Once again we will not be signing any players before Monday. We made a move for Robbie McCrorie yesterday and he is now our number 1 GK target as things have moved too slowly with Ipswich. From what I have heard Goodwin has had a conversation with McCrorie and believes he is exactly the type of player he wants at the club. We all know Goodwin has talked about getting players in with the right character first and foremost, and we all know how highly he regards his brother Ross. Robbie McCrorie will be an Aberdeen player next season.

Which means him & Ross won’t be attending anymore hun games then.

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye I'm against having both McCrories here. One is enough. 

Couldn't stand the Rossco and Robco pish that we'd have to listen to for a start. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Robbie McCrorie play a first team game, & he’s 24. 
Would he be good enough to be our no1, because we do need one.

For once, we have the cash to offer Ipswich a compromise of £200k to get Hladky, who is good enough, & young enough to be no1 for the next 3-4 years.

Just get it done.