Summer 2022 Transfer Window

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Absolutely. 

Never done anything in football by 24 either. 

Can't believe some folk are in favour of this. 

You had folk defending his rodent brother and Ferguson doing the bouncy in Seville. Standards have fallen big time 

Just now, Ten Caat said:

McCrorie wouldn't leave sevco to be a back-up to anyone at our level.

I'm not sure McCrorie has the clout you think he has.  He's done absolutely fuck all to be dictating to anyone at 'our level'.  Anyone signing him is taking a pretty big leap of faith. 

What is he bringing to the table? 

26 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

It would not surprise me to see two keepers coming in, and if we get the Ipswich boy and mcCrorie then we may allow Joe to move on.  

McCrorie wouldn't leave sevco to be a back-up to anyone at our level.

And I don't think Hladky would be overly enamoured at us signing him them bringing in a new number 1 a matter of days or weeks after bringing him in.

Then there's the small matter of moving Lewis on.....you can't force him to leave, he'd be perfectly entitled to sit out his contract. We could end up with 3 expensive 'keepers on our books, 2 of whom rarely play and probably both just a tad pissed off at it all.

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

You had folk defending his rodent brother and Ferguson doing the bouncy in Seville. Standards have fallen big time 

And now folk want to pay a fee to bring in McCrorie's twin brother who has done absolutely fuck all in his career to date apart from sit on his arse for the most part.  Unbelievable. 

Hladky is being pursued at no.1. Dunno why folk think otherwise. 

We're looking to pay around 100k, they are looking for around 300k. You'd think, there could be an agreement reached in the 200k ballpark. 

Hladky has actually had a career, is 31, good experience, and highly regarded. 

McCrories only proper football was a patchy season on loan at Livi, and one Glasgow derby at the start of last season. Other than that it's been lower leagues in Scotland. 

Get it to eff. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, CCB III said:

Hladky is being pursued at no.1. Dunno why folk think otherwise. 

We're looking to pay around 100k, they are looking for around 300k. You'd think, there could be an agreement reached in the 200k ballpark. 

Hladky has actually had a career, is 31, good experience, and highly regarded. 

McCrories only proper football was a patchy season on loan at Livi, and one Glasgow derby at the start of last season. Other than that it's been lower leagues in Scotland. 

Get it to eff. 

Probably have to pay at least as much for McCrorie as we would for Hladky as well. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm not sure McCrorie has the clout you think he has.  He's done absolutely fuck all to be dictating to anyone at 'our level'.  Anyone signing him is taking a pretty big leap of faith. 

What is he bringing to the table? 

It was him that got called up into the Scotland squad to replace Marshall just the other week....not McLaughlin who everyone expected it to be.. 
McCrorie did get thrown into the sevco side early last season and faced Celtic in one of the games ad did very well. Of the McCrorie twin, he's always been thought of as the one to have the much higher ceiling. Supposedly Slippy G agreed with this and viewed him as McGregor's natural long term successor but van Bronckhorst seemingly doesn't, hence McCrorie is now rumoured to be unsettled and looking to get out. 

There's no chance he'd leave sevco to be back up at another SPL side. 

Just now, Ten Caat said:

It was him that got called up into the Scotland squad to replace Marshall just the other week....not McLaughlin who everyone expected it to be.. 
McCrorie did get thrown into the sevco side early last season and faced Celtic in one of the games ad did very well. Of the McCrorie twin, he's always been thought of as the one to have the much higher ceiling. Supposedly Slippy G agreed with this and viewed him as McGregor's natural long term successor but van Bronckhorst seemingly doesn't, hence McCrorie is now rumoured to be unsettled and looking to get out. 

There's no chance he'd leave sevco to be back up at another SPL side. 

So he's 3rd choice at the Huns behind a guy in his 40s whose best days are long behind him and McLaughlin who no one would pay a fee for either. 

Hes no better than Scott Main who is 3rd choice at Celtic and no one would pay a fee for him either. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

So he's 3rd choice at the Huns behind a guy in his 40s whose best days are long behind him and McLaughlin who no one would pay a fee for either. 

Hes no better than Scott Main who is 3rd choice at Celtic and no one would pay a fee for him either. 

No he is definitely better than Main

As I said....Clarke seemingly now rates him ahead of McLaughlin even if van Bronckhorst doesn't.

It'll be interesting to see if there's any truth in the rumoured interest from Man U. I wouldn't rule it out as being as ridiculous as some think

Relatively happy with our transfer business so far but in my opinion we are definitely going to need a minimum of another 5 good quality players to properly compete as the squad is too small as it is and I expect at least 2 of Ramirez, Ferguson and Gallagher will be gone by the end of the window (if I was a betting man I'd say all 3 will go). It seems Goodwin thinks we still need a similar number of players so I'm confident it will happen by the end of August.

We have lost Brown, McGeough, Ojo, Devlin, Considine, Woods, Ruth, JET, Montgomery, Jenks and Ramsay from last year's squad after the last window closed at the end of January (and Campbell has gone out on loan again). I'm very happy we no longer have the majority of those players on our books (although keeping Ramsay for another year or two would have been ideal but the finances involved meant he was always going to go this summer). But it does leave the squad light even factoring in the 5 new signings and players like Duncan stepping up from the youth set up. Another 5 good quality players with the right character at the right age and we should be very well set to challenge at the right end of the table this time.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

No he is definitely better than Main

As I said....Clarke seemingly now rates him ahead of McLaughlin even if van Bronckhorst doesn't.

It'll be interesting to see if there's any truth in the rumoured interest from Man U. I wouldn't rule it out as being as ridiculous as some think

Was McLaughlin not away getting married and that's why he wasn't called up?

15 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Piss off, ? you fucking idiot. Get ken Dodds dad to stick his ticking stick up your arse as well, with a bull it on the end of it.  

Everything you say .. football or otherwise is dribbling shite. 

Even above - "ken dodds dad" (not just random but the chat of a total fuckwit) . Also " bull it" . Fucking moron.

You pollute twitter in the same way too. Even someone as simple as you must realise everyone tells you that you are a fucking simpleton because its true.

Back to your padded cell and write your "thoughts" in shite on the wall you fucking hun waste of oxygen?

• Upvote 4
7 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Everything you say .. football or otherwise is dribbling shite. 

Even above - "ken dodds dad" (not just random but the chat of a total fuckwit) . Also " bull it" . Fucking moron.

You pollute twitter in the same way too. Even someone as simple as you must realise everyone tells you that you are a fucking simpleton because its true.

Back to your padded cell and write your "thoughts" in shite on the wall you fucking hun waste of oxygen?

Loved Bobby Sands (didn’t really) 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1