Summer 2022 Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Our head analyst wouldn't have tweeted about a transfer target.  That would be counter-intuitive.  Last thing we'd be wanting to do is draw attention to any potential deal.

Don’t let common sense get in the way of a good story! Only way it would make sense is if it’s already a done deal. I’d be surprised if we get either of that players mentioned above. If we could get 1 or 2 attacking players in door I’m really looking forward to the season getting underway. 

Just now, Sonoftherock said:

Our head analyst wouldn't have tweeted about a transfer target.  That would be counter-intuitive.  Last thing we'd be wanting to do is draw attention to any potential deal.

He's out of our price range anyway. But i'd imagine he's been looking heavily at that league. It's where we got Besuijen from. And if he really likes Dallinga he'll have spotted his team-mate...

7 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Aye you would suspect that means he's a player he's tracked but we are no where in the picture

17 minutes ago, slippers said:

Don’t let common sense get in the way of a good story! Only way it would make sense is if it’s already a done deal. I’d be surprised if we get either of that players mentioned above. If we could get 1 or 2 attacking players in door I’m really looking forward to the season getting underway. 

100%

4 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Need Bates gone also. 

Bates won't be going anywhere imo. Goodwin made quite a big thing in his interview with Hunter that he was played out of position so i certainly think he'll be given an opportunity under him to show what he can do on the right side of a pairing. 

It's unbelievable that only Bates, Ramirez and Watkins are still here from last summers complete shitshow. And i suspect 2 of those will still go. 

18 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

FFS , he’s bang average.

Lewis better get his 2018 form back, cos this lad ain’t a Dons no1.

Should’ve paid the money for Hladky FFS 

16 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

We may have to sign another LB anyway if MacKenzie is crocked from today. 

14 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

His touch is too heavy for a professional footballer and he's too slow to play as an attacking left back. 

Good tackler though. 

14 hours ago, milne_afc said:

His body positioning is all to fuck. Big useless teuchter. 

I'm in this camp.

Mackenzie isn't of the required standard, and my biggest bug bear with him us what Milne points out. It really bugs me. Get rid if we can.

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Goodwin must be approaching Eddie Turnbull numbers now for numbers of players out in his first summer. 

What a damning indictment of the shitshow that was last summers recruitment & the clubs decision to appoint a Head of Recruitment AFTER the transfer window,

It’s literally cost us millions.

Once the window (slams) shut, we may only have a maximum of 2 of the players signed last year. 
Watkins & Bates. 

3 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

I'm in this camp.

Mackenzie isn't of the required standard, and my biggest bug bear with him us what Milne points out. It really bugs me. Get rid if we can.

Aye, me too.

Doesn’t seem to have “football intelligence”, is hopeless going forward & gets caught out of position a lot. 

Stupid decision to give him a long contract - yet another Glass fuckfest. 

If needed, loan him out somewhere, bring in a new left back & have Ngwenya as back up. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

What a damning indictment of the shitshow that was last summers recruitment & the clubs decision to appoint a Head of Recruitment AFTER the transfer window,

It’s literally cost us millions.

Once the window (slams) shut, we may only have a maximum of 2 of the players signed last year. 
Watkins & Bates. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Watkins went later in the window either. 

Bates will survive I think, for the moment. 

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Maybe we are interested. Who knows. But the fact that he quote tweeted saying there's interest from Rangers and others in Europe I can't see him picking Aberdeen. Depends of course who the other interested teams are. But by all accounts we spent around 800k on Miovski. Can you see us spending another £1m on a striker? Goodwin did say the next striker would be a younger one and he's only 21 right enough. But aye fuck it sign them both up. ?

Well, they’re dead, so that doesn’t matter really…

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Stats are incredible in fairness to him. But he's valued at £1m with the Huns and others interested. If we were going to sign anyone i'd want it to be his team-mate. Come on down Reuven Niemeijer. 

We'd make a substantial profit on a £1M investment would be my call..(referring to the striker). Great we're finally targetting the right leagues. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Watkins & Bates. 

And let’s face it, both are not of the required standard.
Although, I suspect Watkins will see out his final year of his contract and probably Bates will leave next summer, still under contact. There’s only so many players we can afford to bin in a oner, both financially and for sheer squad numbers.