Summer 2022 Transfer Window

25 minutes ago, Awayfromhomered said:

Can't disagree, the man's a twat. 

I’d put John Brown above him, if you Google dirty hun cunt I’m sure his ugly mug will appear.

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

A would rather take nothing than him going to them

At the end of the day it depends what Ferguson himself wants to do. The reality is whether we like it or not he grew up supporting the huns so he may want to move there. Maybe he doesn't maybe he wants to go down south or abroad I don't know but what he wants to do will come into it.

Now is absolutely the right time to sell him as he only has 2 years left on his contract and he ain't going to sign another one and he's broken into the Scotland squad at age 22. If he wants to go to the huns and they offer the right money (say £3m or so plus add ons) then I can see it happening if that's what LF wants to do. I wouldn't like it one bit but clubs in Scotland lose their top players to the ugly sisters all the time (Souttar and Siegrist being the latest ones to be added to a very long list). As I said I won't like it it happens but it's much preferable to lose him to the huns for a large fee than losing him to them on a free or for peanuts like what happened with Jack and Wright.

I honestly thought Ferguson wouldn't go directly to der Hun from us as a mark of respect for us as a club (although as I've said before, I thought  he's destined for them later on in his career)

But after what happened last summer, I now think if they showed a concrete interest he'd indicate that he would want to go. Sevco have been very quiet to date as regards new additions to their squad for next season and as is usual, the rumours are that they have to sell before they can buy. But they could surely rustle up £2 - 2.5m and that would give our board a decision to make. One that I think they might just well take. 

If, on the back of it, they then sold Aribo, I think sevco are weakened a bit, so it might not be as bad as some of us might think.

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I honestly thought Ferguson wouldn't go directly to der Hun from us as a mark of respect for us as a club (although as I've said before, I thought  he's destined for them later on in his career)

But after what happened last summer, I now think if they showed a concrete interest he'd indicate that he would want to go. Sevco have been very quiet to date as regards new additions to their squad for next season and as is usual, the rumours are that they have to sell before they can buy. But they could surely rustle up £2 - 2.5m and that would give our board a decision to make. One that I think they might just well take. 

If, on the back of it, they then sold Aribo, I think sevco are weakened a bit, so it might not be as bad as some of us might think.

From what I've read they are waiting to sell players before signing players, hence only Souttar on a pre contract. Think they have 5 with 12 months left on contract and need to sell them on to spend any decent money (Helander, Rat, Aribo ,Kent, Morelos). 

13 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

In terms of the Hun support, the word on the street in that The Ferguson’s are persona non grata down Ibrox way. Whether Sevco would bear that in mind when considering a bid for young Lewis is debatable but surely, Cormack knows what the implications are to sell to that bunch of cunts?

But it depends what Ferguson wants to do which has to be factored in here. He has done well for AFC but he's a born and bred hun from a family of diehard huns his uncle is a hero at that club we all know that. If Sevco make it clear they want him and put in a realistic bid and Lewis makes it very clear he wants to go there if we don't let it happen we will have a massively unhappy player on our hands who could just go through the motions and run his contract down for the next 12 to 18 months. It would put Cormack in an impossible position if Ferguson makes it clear he wants to go there and Sevco bid say £2.5m to £3m for him plus add ons. I think we all know we would sell if that scenario happens and it would be massively unfair to blame Cormack for it in my opinion. His hands would be tied. 

5 minutes ago, Donstar83 said:

Let's be realistic. They haven't signed anyone yet, presumably due to lack of funds. No way they are going to come in and pay us 2 million. Anything less wouldn't be considered regardless of who made the bid. 

I think a lot will depend on if they can get through the CL qualifiers or not that will likely have a big bearing on what market they shop in. The final play off leg is August 9th.

9 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

I think a lot will depend on if they can get through the CL qualifiers or not that will likely have a big bearing on what market they shop in. The final play off leg is August 9th.

They have some of their biggest assets in the last year of their contracts.

Aribo - won’t re-sign.   
Kent - won’t re-sign.   
Harvey Price - unlikely to re-sign    
Jack - will re-sign as no cunt will want him & he’s a hun cunt. 

Do they sell them all? Big holes to fill.   
They can’t let them run their contracts down, surely?

26 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I seem to recall the supposed "gentlemen's agreement" between Ferguson and McInnes was he'd be allowed to go if an English club came in for him because that's where he wants to go and play. Hence spitting the dummy when we didn't accept Watford's offer last year.

Any gentleman's agreements between former managers and LF are null and void the minute that manager leaves the club. Although they were never enforceable anyway.

What it will come down to now is the precise valuation AFC has on him. And how much they are willing to compromise on that figure. 

And compromise they will. Forcing a player to stay when they want to be somewhere else....and with Ferguson it may already be a case of anywhere else now....is in no ones' interest. And if sevco are that club, if they offer us a reasonable wedge and not a derisory pittance, then that is where he'll go.

Do the Huns even want him? 

There's hardly a queue of clubs knocking down our door to pay millions for him. 

Watford for £1.3m, Millwall for £1.5m and some weird loan move to Italy. That's been about the extent of the interest over the last 12 months since he handed in his transfer request. I'd be a bit worried if I was him. 

26 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do the Huns even want him? 

There's hardly a queue of clubs knocking down our door to pay millions for him. 

Watford for £1.3m, Millwall for £1.5m and some weird loan move to Italy. That's been about the extent of the interest over the last 12 months since he handed in his transfer request. I'd be a bit worried if I was him. 

I believe that there's been a few other bids but no idea which teams.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

They have some of their biggest assets in the last year of their contracts.

Aribo - won’t re-sign.   
Kent - won’t re-sign.   
Harvey Price - unlikely to re-sign    
Jack - will re-sign as no cunt will want him & he’s a hun cunt. 

Do they sell them all? Big holes to fill.   
They can’t let them run their contracts down, surely?

You wouldn't have thought they will let them run their contracts down I can easily see those you mention being sold in this window and for much less than the figures put on their heads not that long ago by the huns in the west coast media that put a £20m price tag on any hun player every time they have a couple of good games.