Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 minute ago, Helmet said:

So ITKers what should we expect next week? Are the club still working away in several transfer targets or are we getting down to the last couple (until the inevitable couple of loans in the last 2 days before the window closes).

Lips are sealed 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Would be ace if we could get Ronan over the line. Don't think hearts want to pay the fee wolves want. 

Probably too busy trying to scrimp to get Shankland. 

A £500k for a player like Ronan would easily repay itself. Hopefully we can do it. You do have to wonder why Cormack has been quite open about it. It's either because it's virtually a done deal or because we have fuck all interest in him and he's stringing us along until we sign somebody else. We've kept everyone else under wraps so it would be strange to be quite so open about Ronan. 

But then again it's already been all over the news that we were supposedly interested so would hardly be a surprise.

8 minutes ago, Helmet said:

So ITKers what should we expect next week? Are the club still working away in several transfer targets or are we getting down to the last couple (until the inevitable couple of loans in the last 2 days before the window closes).

My weather forecast for the week hasn't came through yet but I'd take Jimmydragons word.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Probably too busy trying to scrimp to get Shankland. 

A £500k for a player like Ronan would easily repay itself. Hopefully we can do it. You do have to wonder why Cormack has been quite open about it. It's either because it's virtually a done deal or because we have fuck all interest in him and he's stringing us along until we sign somebody else. We've kept everyone else under wraps so it would be strange to be quite so open about Ronan. 

But then again it's already been all over the news that we were supposedly interested so would hardly be a surprise.

Think Hearts are paying a fee for the boy from Peterborough? And Shankland will command a fee too. 

Ronan would be a good signing for us the fact he's recently played under Goodwin should be in our favour but I'm not convinced we will sign him. If Hearts do want him the fact they can offer guaranteed european group stage football is a big carrot for potential signings. But like most thing it'll likely come down to money. 

2 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Think Hearts are paying a fee for the boy from Peterborough? And Shankland will command a fee too. 

Ronan would be a good signing for us the fact he's recently played under Goodwin should be in our favour but I'm not convinced we will sign him. If Hearts do want him the fact they can offer guaranteed european group stage football is a big carrot for potential signings. But like most thing it'll likely come down to money. 

Ronan is too good for those hammer throwers. It'll likely come down to money but we've shown we'll pay big wages if Ramirez weekly wage along with what we were paying Brown was to be believed. 

If Hearts are signing the boy from Peterborough they maybe already know they aren't getting Ronan. 

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Wouldn't say he's teasing.

Basically just said he has been told to be patient.

To me, that tells me he keeps interfering and told to back the fuck off and let others do their job.

He is slightly backtracking now , but he was certainly leading the twitter account for dons podcast along tonight.   Maybe a deal has been agreed tonight but nae sure he should be liking or commenting on specific players until deals done.  Cant see Goodwin or Gunn being too happy about it.  

Anyway, he did confirm Ramadani s visa is sorted and he will hook up in Spain with squad 

1 hour ago, Shinniesta said:

You wouldn't have thought they will let them run their contracts down I can easily see those you mention being sold in this window and for much less than the figures put on their heads not that long ago by the huns in the west coast media that put a £20m price tag on any hun player every time they have a couple of good games. 

They reckoned Bassey is worth £25m ?

He’s just a big fat beast thug/cheat. Never a £25m player. Even in today’s ridiculous market. 
They’ll sell a couple eventually for ‘undisclosed’ fees & leak BS overinflated figures to the media to please the Orcs.

They are going to be worse than ever for overrating their players prices because of their Europa run but will end up pricing themselves out of selling & limit their abilities to sign players. Leading to last minute over priced signings out of desperation for players & end up with the likes of Ramsey again.

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Agreed. But he's still nae worth 25m. 

I think he won’t be far off that mark. Not seen him a massive amount but looks a very good player when I have. If he signs a new contact I think they will get over 20m for him providing he performs to same standard next season. 

3 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Just wondering who else the club has lined up in terms of creating goals as none of the current squad have a very good record. 

The only name that has been mentioned in terms of decent level of assists is that dutch boy Neimeijer, but that's only on this site. 

Having Matty Kennedy back fit is like having a new signing..... ?

Think if Ferguson is going it’s to the championship at the minimum. He has aspirations to play in premiership in England but it’s determined by any club bidding ofcourse. And possibly Italian serie A. Persionally I hope he doesn’t leave & stays at least 1 more season.