Summer 2022 Transfer Window

as long as we are not relying on Kennedy to produce a chunk of goals and assists I've no problem with him sticking around for more of his 11 months left.

If Ryan Duncan (or anyone else) is good enough then Kennedy is not going to be a blocker

3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I can't see anyone leaving now other than potentially Ferguson if we accept an offer for him. Woods and Gallacher have both left since Goodwin said another 2 or 3 could leave. Can't see Kennedy ot McLennan leaving unfortunately, i think Goodwin will see them both as squad players.

Let's see when we get to 1st Sept. I would say Lewis, Ramirez and Watkins are not safe at the moment, and certainly wont be getting any new contracts

Need to get the rumours going again.

Goodwin saying 4-5 others to come in (but that was before Roos).

Cormack saying club working flat out on this.

Bringing in two more players who have a recent track record of goals and assists would be dandy.

8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Let's see when we get to 1st Sept. I would say Lewis, Ramirez and Watkins are not safe at the moment, and certainly wont be getting any new contracts

Yeah we'll see... can't see now any of those 3 leaving but Goodwin has shown himself to be ruthless (not a bad thing) so things could change quickly.

Ramirez definitely won't be getting a new contract, but can see him seeing out the next year then heading back to America. Lewis i think will still be our number 1 next season and he's settled up here so can't see him being in a rush to leave... so a new contract for him will totally depend if he plays like he did last season or if he gets back to his good form from previous season... and Watkins well that'll totally depend if he can keep himself fit or not, stay fit and he could be an important player for us.

15 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Where is Miovski going to be best deployed? He can play as a CF, a ‘10’ and as a winger. Provides more assists than goals I think 

9 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

hopefully as our main striker , like the look of this guy , has all the pace and power to do well

Surely will come out in the wash dependent on who else we sign? If the Lauritsen guy signed then that would maybe suggested quite a lot of game time on the left wing?

As things stand he'll presumably be a better option up front than Watkins and Ramirez?

Goodwin described Miovski as a proper number 9 last week after we signed him. I don't get why people then think we'll deploy him on the wing. He was scoring goals for MTK when played centrally and then when the manager there got sacked and the new guy came in he then got put out on the left because of his pace and his goals dried up. 

Don't see why Goodwin would say he's a 9 then play him out wide. For me he's came in either as Ramirez replacement or to play alongside him. 

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Goodwin described Miovski as a proper number 9 last week after we signed him. I don't get why people then think we'll deploy him on the wing. He was scoring goals for MTK when played centrally and then when the manager there got sacked and the new guy came in he then got put out on the left because of his pace and his goals dried up. 

Don't see why Goodwin would say he's a 9 then play him out wide. For me he's came in either as Ramirez replacement or to play alongside him. 

He's definitely a striker but can play in several positions.

It's surely gonna be dependent on the last few signings but likely he will play in some different positions dependent on the opposition.

If we are playing Stirling Albion get another striker on there and have Bojan deeper

2 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

Hopefully, a creative number 10 as a minimum.

I reckon anything after that will be loans

Seriously hope not.

Despite the signings and youth promotions made, I think the squad as still really weak overall. Needs competition in every area which now we've got rid of so many players we should have a chance to achieve as long as the squad is more balanced than before.

10 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Seriously hope not.

Despite the signings and youth promotions made, I think the squad as still really weak overall. Needs competition in every area which now we've got rid of so many players we should have a chance to achieve as long as the squad is more balanced than before.

The squad can't be completely revamped as we want it in 1 window. The club have done really well so far i think but for me we need a proper number 10, a winger and a LB. Ideally all permanently. Then i'd happily have a young striker on loan dependent on what haplens with Ramirez. 

The club are obviously still knocking their pan in trying to get players. I suspect Ronan may end up being a loan and if anything he probably won't arrive anytime soon if Wolves want to look at him first. 

16 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

He's definitely a striker but can play in several positions.

It's surely gonna be dependent on the last few signings but likely he will play in some different positions dependent on the opposition.

If we are playing Stirling Albion get another striker on there and have Bojan deeper

It then goes back to square pegs in round holes. He may play the odd game out wide or on the left of a front 3 for example but Goodwin made a big deal in saying that in 2 or 3 years time we'll have a very sellable asset. Only if we play to his strengths. If we keep Ramirez and put Miovski out wide we won't see the best of him at which point why sign him? Why not sign a proper winger?

54 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

The squad can't be completely revamped as we want it in 1 window. The club have done really well so far i think but for me we need a proper number 10, a winger and a LB. Ideally all permanently. Then i'd happily have a young striker on loan dependent on what haplens with Ramirez. 

The club are obviously still knocking their pan in trying to get players. I suspect Ronan may end up being a loan and if anything he probably won't arrive anytime soon if Wolves want to look at him first. 

It then goes back to square pegs in round holes. He may play the odd game out wide or on the left of a front 3 for example but Goodwin made a big deal in saying that in 2 or 3 years time we'll have a very sellable asset. Only if we play to his strengths. If we keep Ramirez and put Miovski out wide we won't see the best of him at which point why sign him? Why not sign a proper winger?

If we have our current squad it's pretty clear Miovski will play up front.

57 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Wolves have already made their minds up that Ronan is persona non grata haven't they?