Summer 2022 Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

‘Oh well’ just ‘little lies’ I guess

’i don’t want to know’ you’ll probably just ‘tell me lies’ anyway

'Don't stop'... just 'go your own way'

Anyway go back a page, as someone already pointed out the BBC made a mistake and mixed 2 stories together.... Hancock being recalled by Aberdeen to cover injuries and Devlin going to Fleetwood.

36 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

I was really impressed with Hancock versus Buckie at the weekend.  Think there could be a real player in there and McKenzies injury may well prove to be another McKenna versus Motherwell style opportunity. 

was that the lad playing RB second half ? thought he looked good on the ball but perhaps a bit slight for a CH could be good cover at RB this season until he matures , fills out a bit 

45 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

was that the lad playing RB second half ? thought he looked good on the ball but perhaps a bit slight for a CH could be good cover at RB this season until he matures , fills out a bit 

Yeah I was impressed with him (as impressed as you could be watching the terrible coverage of that terrible game). He did look composed and comfortable on the ball, but looked more like a midfielder than a defender to me. I also thought Ngwenya looked decent. Barron head and shoulders above the rest though. Seeing how some of these youngsters do this season will be almost as interesting as the new signings.

3 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

'Don't stop'... just 'go your own way'

Anyway go back a page, as someone already pointed out the BBC made a mistake and mixed 2 stories together.... Hancock being recalled by Aberdeen to cover injuries and Devlin going to Fleetwood.

I scrolled rapid through those pages full of the Hun shoofta’s unionist pish 

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Gone very quiet on the rumour/signing front the last few days.

We were spoiled last week with the constant signings. Don't think there will be much happening over the next couple of weeks. Maybe 1 in before Peterhead would be my guess. As much as Jim says he wants his squad complete before Celtic it won't happen like that imo. If he's after Ronan and McGrath as he has hinted then those 2 will drag on. They won't be done any time soon. 

Just now, AyrshireSheep said:

We were spoiled last week with the constant signings. Don't think there will be much happening over the next couple of weeks. Maybe 1 in before Peterhead would be my guess. As much as Jim says he wants his squad complete before Celtic it won't happen like that imo. If he's after Ronan and McGrath as he has hinted then those 2 will drag on. They won't be done any time soon. 

I doubt Ronan will be playing for Wolves when they name their 25 man EPL squad and thats on the 4th or 5th August.

So a move for him before the end of July is quite likely.

I dont think the lower leagues have any concept like that so Wigan could hold on to McGrath to much nearer the deadline

We're surely looking beyond McGrath and Ronan though.

Need a few others in, even if one or two are punts on young prospects we think might add something to the squad.

Most of our new players so far seem to have involved modest fees- surely some out of contract players out there we like the look of.

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I doubt Ronan will be playing for Wolves when they name their 25 man EPL squad and thats on the 4th or 5th August.

So a move for him before the end of July is quite likely.

I dont think the lower leagues have any concept like that so Wigan could hold on to McGrath to much nearer the deadline

Ďepends what they plan to do with him though. If they want to sell him then yeah it'll probably get done before the celtic game. Is his contract up at the end of next season? If it is then is there any point in them loaning him out? 

I still can't see him being here before the league cup group games start and even if we get him before the celtic game he won't have had any time to get settled in or gel with his team mates before the season is already underway. 

11 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Ďepends what they plan to do with him though. If they want to sell him then yeah it'll probably get done before the celtic game. Is his contract up at the end of next season? If it is then is there any point in them loaning him out? 

I still can't see him being here before the league cup group games start and even if we get him before the celtic game he won't have had any time to get settled in or gel with his team mates before the season is already underway. 

We need to be looking beyond Ronan and McGrath for creativity. If the club think those two are going to solve that problem then they are mistaken. 

Ronan might add something, but McGrath would just take up another space in midfield. 

Get this cunt Neimeijer in.

16 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Ronan has got two year contract left at Wolves so could easy be loaned out again for 6-12 months.

5 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

We need to be looking beyond Ronan and McGrath for creativity. If the club think those two are going to solve that problem then they are mistaken. 

Ronan might add something, but McGrath would just take up another space in midfield. 

Get this cunt Neimeijer in.

Neimeijer set to sign for Brescia. Would have been a good one

with Mackenzie likely to be out for a sustained period i wonder if we might reignite our interest in Davíd Ingvarsson the left bk from Breidablik who we were interested in previously or maybe try for Dunne again if St Mirren reduce the price as he can play left back or left centre back and i think its likely we might want someone who can cover both. I havnt seen enough of Hancock to know if he is ready for the step up but the fact we were going to loan him out suggests we don't think he is quite there just yet.

3 minutes ago, paddy said:

Apparently JG will listen to offers for Ramirez. 

That's sowing the seed for some Woods/Gallagher treatment in 4-5 weeks.

I'm starting to think we are not going to see a transfer fee for him. It feels like if someone was happy to part with $300k or something there would have been more rumblings.

He was training with a side in the US that are not even Gurr/Glass level