Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

How many more can we expect considering Goodwin said he's only going with a 22 man squad

In: Lewis, Roos, Richardson, Stewart, Bates, Scales, MacKenzie, Barron, McCrorie, Ramadani, Polvara, Vinny, Hayes, Kennedy, Watkins, Bojan (16)

Out to go this window: Ramirez, Ferguson, McLennan (3)

Leaves six places in the squad.  I reckon there will be two or three youngsters promoted

So, two or three from Duncan, Harvey, Towler, Milne, Hancock, Ngwenya with the others going out on loan

That leaves three to four to come in, assuming the three I listed are moved on

1 minute ago, ThomohawkKid said:

What type of defender is he? Lb maybe?

Thought he was a CB. If he’s left back I could believe it a bit more. I was hopeful of Kieren Ngwenya would step up to be our first choice but end of season as we have said we don’t want to block paths. Obviously don’t rate him very highly if we bring in a LB. 

52 minutes ago, slippers said:

Thought he was a CB. If he’s left back I could believe it a bit more. I was hopeful of Kieren Ngwenya would step up to be our first choice but end of season as we have said we don’t want to block paths. Obviously don’t rate him very highly if we bring in a LB. 

The squad is really lightweight compared with previous seasons. Easily room for another versatile defender and also Ngwenya to get his chance imo.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

In: Lewis, Roos, Richardson, Stewart, Bates, Scales, MacKenzie, Barron, McCrorie, Ramadani, Polvara, Vinny, Hayes, Kennedy, Watkins, Bojan (16)

Out to go this window: Ramirez, Ferguson, McLennan (3)

Leaves six places in the squad.  I reckon there will be two or three youngsters promoted

So, two or three from Duncan, Harvey, Towler, Milne, Hancock, Ngwenya with the others going out on loan

That leaves three to four to come in, assuming the three I listed are moved on

If McLennan, Watkins and Kennedy are all being kept around for now (and we're sticking to 22) I'd rather we only promoted 2 youngsters at the moment and brought in 4 more decent quality additions.

I really wouldn't like us going into the season with those 3 relied upon every week.

Then if we move any of them out late in the window or in January we can promote another young player to replace them.

28 minutes ago, NEM said:

Should never have taken him in first place 

Its all arse about face. Claiming they're trying to get him on a permanent. The time for that was before we agreed to anything. Now that they have secured a 12 month loan for him, Celtic can just sit back and tell us to fuck off. Now they can ignore the issue until this time next year.

33 minutes ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

We should be sending scales back to tims if there not willing to sell instead of giving him game time & developing him as a player.

If he's good enough to be a starter for us then we should keep him for now- we're in a huge rebuild right now and need to prioritise that over the principle of loaning form rivals.

When we are back competing for Europe and our scouting is consistently finding good players then we can avoid this situation occurring again.

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Its all arse about face. Claiming they're trying to get him on a permanent. The time for that was before we agreed to anything. Now that they have secured a 12 month loan for him, Celtic can just sit back and tell us to fuck off. Now they can ignore the issue until this time next year.

It's clearly a face saving exercise from the club after seeing the fans reaction to them taking it up the arse dry from Celtic, again

39 minutes ago, NEM said:

Should never have taken him in first place 

Totally agree

My concern is that Goodwin goes back to Celtic in January with an offer to buy him permanently and Celtic turn round and say "Ok but only if you sell Barron to us"...........and Goodwin agrees

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Helmet said:

If McLennan, Watkins and Kennedy are all being kept around for now (and we're sticking to 22) I'd rather we only promoted 2 youngsters at the moment and brought in 4 more decent quality additions.

I really wouldn't like us going into the season with those 3 relied upon every week.

Then if we move any of them out late in the window or in January we can promote another young player to replace them.

Any attempt to say which youngsters he'll promote would be pure guesswork on my part.  Duncan seems most likely given reports from last season and the current squad.

If we bring in four more I suspect that will be Ronan and McGrath if we can get them (or similar players if we don't).  The other two could be a striker (possibly a big front man similar to the Norwegian we were after) and a forward who's comfortable both wide in a front three or in the three of a 4-2-3-1

That's me guessing what I think we're after going by what Goodwin has said, plus transfer activity and rumour to date, not necessarily my opinion of what we should be after

27 minutes ago, Helmet said:

If he's good enough to be a starter for us then we should keep him for now- we're in a huge rebuild right now and need to prioritise that over the principle of loaning form rivals.

When we are back competing for Europe and our scouting is consistently finding good players then we can avoid this situation occurring again.

Correct.  Immediate priority is to improve the team.

And we're still in desperate need of attacking , creative players (including players with a genuine goal threat) who , generally , cost more than defenders. So maybe we're holding back on spending big bucks on defenders in the hope that we'll be able to pay for the attackers we need.

40 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Any attempt to say which youngsters he'll promote would be pure guesswork on my part.  Duncan seems most likely given reports from last season and the current squad.

If we bring in four more I suspect that will be Ronan and McGrath if we can get them (or similar players if we don't).  The other two could be a striker (possibly a big front man similar to the Norwegian we were after) and a forward who's comfortable both wide in a front three or in the three of a 4-2-3-1

That's me guessing what I think we're after going by what Goodwin has said, plus transfer activity and rumour to date, not necessarily my opinion of what we should be after

So our wide players tasked to deliver to the forward(only mioski after sulky boy fucks off)  is injury prone Kennedy, mongo McLennan and lightweight not proven at anything, diving besuijen, hold me back wae excitement 

need width and players with crossing ability, which we don’t have

18 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

So our wide players tasked to deliver to the forward(only mioski after sulky boy fucks off)  is injury prone Kennedy, mongo McLennan and lightweight not proven at anything, diving besuijen, hold me back wae excitement 

need width and players with crossing ability, which we don’t have

Yeah & final ball is apparently the weakest area of our new RB so we clearly need to add some wingers with a decent final delivery. Cannot rely on Kennedy for that, Hayes probably our best at moment so we haven’t improved in this area at all yet 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Totally agree

My concern is that Goodwin goes back to Celtic in January with an offer to buy him permanently and Celtic turn round and say "Ok but only if you sell Barron to us"...........and Goodwin agrees

He probably will agree to that as he will want his team to get stronger while weakening a rival 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Totally agree

If Celtic genuinely want Barron and he wants to go to Celtic, he will. We may as well use it to our advantage to get our player if scales is good enough/wanted.