Summer 2022 Transfer Window

11 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Hearts want Ronan but not willing to pay the 500k asking price. If we want to get back to competing with Hearts we need to pay the fee and get the deal done. 

I'm sure a certain poster will be on to tell us that Hearts have over 16k season ticket sales, mega money from their upcoming Europe flop and prize money so they're swimming in cash.

Winder why they can't/won't pay a fee???

Cheap club. Or maybe their morals have got the better of them and they're repaying the creditors they owe.

27 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I'm sure a certain poster will be on to tell us that Hearts have over 16k season ticket sales, mega money from their upcoming Europe flop and prize money so they're swimming in cash.

Cheap club. Or maybe their morals have got the better of them and they're repaying the creditors they owe.

There's more chance of Aberdeen winning the Champions League than there is of Hearts repaying their creditors.

• Upvote 3
47 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

It’s a no brainier to just bid £500k Wolves ‘apparently’ want for Ronan. That will scare Hearts off. 
We have spare cash from Ramsay deal so shouldn’t have to worry about waiting to see what we eventually get for Ferguson 

If we say Ronan is the definite successor for Ferguson surely buying him before we even get a decent offer for Ferguson is unwise as it weakens our selling hand as clubs will no we need to shift him on to balance books

2 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

If we say Ronan is the definite successor for Ferguson surely buying him before we even get a decent offer for Ferguson is unwise as it weakens our selling hand as clubs will no we need to shift him on to balance books

We've just brought in £4m for Ramsay. Why would clubs think we need to balance the books if we spend £500k?

1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

Aye the east coast huns have 16k season ticket holders, who gives a shit. We take even when we are shit average 1500-2000 away support depending on allocation. Hearts/Spoonburners are no where near us as a big club, yo-yo teams at best. 

As for Ronan we need to splash the cash & show what we are made off, think the fact JG is manager puts us favourites to sign him.

34 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We've just brought in £4m for Ramsay. Why would clubs think we need to balance the books if we spend £500k?

£4.5m was it not?

Fergie will go for £2-£2.5m & there’s £1m McKenna money.

Even if we’ve spent £1m so far that’s still plenty in the bank to spend day another £1m on two decent quality players at our level.

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

£4.5m was it not?

Fergie will go for £2-£2.5m & there’s £1m McKenna money.

Even if we’ve spent £1m so far that’s still plenty in the bank to spend day another £1m on two decent quality players at our level.

I think if we get Ronan it'll be a loan with either option or obligation to buy so that we move that cash to next summer.

Frees up cash for a second marquee Miosvki type for either another striker or a winger.

12 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think if we get Ronan it'll be a loan with either option or obligation to buy so that we move that cash to next summer.

Frees up cash for a second marquee Miosvki type for either another striker or a winger.

We have a rare chance to spend the money now though.

But, Ronan would obviously prefer a loan you’d think, as that means he has his Wolves wages covered for another 12 months before giving them up for say £4k-£5k per week @ us or Hearts?

I’m just thinking if we pay for him permanently now, it might give us a better chance of gazumping Hearts who maybe want to loan him.

To be honest I think he’ll end up signing for a low-mid Championship team anyway. 

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

Nah. I don’t think it will weaken our hand at all. I think Ferguson is on a medium wage (hence his massive gripe) but refuses to deal higher etc. as he wants gone. Every man & his dog has known for long enough he’s going to be leaving first ‘acceptable’ offer but we wouldn’t be left with too big a wage on a decent player if we end up ‘stuck’ with him 

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

I’d argue it the other way.

If Wolves know we’ve just bagged say £2.5m for Lewis Ferguson, the alleged £500k they want might become £1m.

Besides, even “worst case scenario” and Fergie stays, we need another attacking midfielder regardless, & we have the money.

If Fergie goes, we need two midfield players in. 

Unlikely we'll lose to Aberdeen on personal terms for Ronan. 

Up to him to then choose. Live in Aberdeen playing for Scotland's 10th best team last season. Or live in Edinburgh and compete in Europe for a team that consistently reaches cup finals. 

Although he's more likely to start every game at Aberdeen I suppose. Might swing it. 

• Haha 4
10 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Up to him to then choose. Live in Aberdeen playing for Scotland's 10th best team last season. Or live in Edinburgh and compete in Europe for a team that consistently reaches cup finals. 

Although he's more likely to start every game at Aberdeen I suppose. Might swing it. 

As much as I enjoy this for the phenomenal bait that it is, you boys aren't "competing" for fuck all in Europe, you're just trying to survive as long as possible.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Those runner up medals must look really good in your 'trophy' cabinet.

• Upvote 3
14 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Fuck me, such delusions of grandeur. 1 (ONE) semi good season in 10 years where you managed to finish 3rd in the worst Premier League for a long time and you think you’re Billy Big Bollocks.

Hearts are a tiny insignificant team who have been relegated more times than they’ve finished above Aberdeen in the last decade.

Youll have 6 group games in the Conference League after being knocked out of the Europa qualifiers. You have no chance of getting any further than that and will likely be back in a relegation fight by the end of the season YO-YO. Back in your place as the 2nd best team in Edinburgh that we all like to laugh at.

• Upvote 2
47 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Play for a tinpot team who spent half their life in the lower divisions. 

He’s not going to choose hearts is he? 

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Keep taking your meds min

2 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Why would Ronan be Ferguson's successor? They are totally different players.

Ronan is more the attacking/no 10 type of midfielder that we've been needing ever since Christie left than he is Ferguson.

Neither of us likely to win the league any time soon. Being honest. So SC the main prize. 

1998. 2006. 2012. I've seen three come back to Gorgie. 

We've also knocked on the door by getting to 3 out of the last 4 finals. Losing only to the Glasgow pair in all 3. Once on pens. Once in extra time. 

You can mock and say when's the parade, etc. But Aberdeen have been in ONE final since 2000-01. Over 20 finals and you've been in ONE. In the same period BOTH Dunfermline and Falkirk have been in TWO finals each. 

This tinpot insignificant stuff aimed at Hearts feels like it harps backs to the 80s when you had something to shout about. What you shouting bout now to call Hearts tinpot? How's the 16k stadium coming on? We've a whole thread about bursting out of Tynie and needing to expand. Probably need 26k to accommodate demand for 20k STs.

Cute wee Aberdeen. Bless.