Summer 2022 Transfer Window

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Why not? 

I'd rather wait a couple of weeks for a Bojan than sign a Fletcher just because the process is quicker 

Yeah I'm not really getting this suggestion we'd just give up on signings from abroad because a couple have been delayed. 

1 hour ago, Helmet said:

Yeah I'm not really getting this suggestion we'd just give up on signings from abroad because a couple have been delayed. 

I never said to give upon signings from abroad at all, I said I’d doubt if we signed any more Eastern Europeans in this window after the issues and delays we’ve had with the 2 we’ve got so far.

10 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I never said to give upon signings from abroad at all, I said I’d doubt if we signed any more Eastern Europeans in this window after the issues and delays we’ve had with the 2 we’ve got so far.

Why? 

Is it not worth waiting a couple of weeks if its a better player? 

Not a single person at the club has said this would put them off signing a player from Eastern Europe.  You're just projecting your own anxiety regards transfers. 

• Upvote 1

Interesting to hear we are in regular contact with three players we are targeting.

I'd assume these are Ronan, McGrath, and someone who hasn't been mentioned yet (striker or winger?)

Alternatively Ronan and McGrath are red herrings and we're actually looking elsewhere

Whoever it is we're talking to, they are under contract so either we are paying transfer fees or they will be a loan

I'm also guessing from the interview that the three in question are players who won't need visas

55 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Interesting to hear we are in regular contact with three players we are targeting.

I'd assume these are Ronan, McGrath, and someone who hasn't been mentioned yet (striker or winger?)

Alternatively Ronan and McGrath are red herrings and we're actually looking elsewhere

Whoever it is we're talking to, they are under contract so either we are paying transfer fees or they will be a loan

I'm also guessing from the interview that the three in question are players who won't need visas

So let me recap-

we might be speaking to some players we've guessed some of them but not all of them, maybe not any of them actually but they're definitely under contract or are they? or they must be loans definitely except maybe if it's a transfer fee or they could be out of contract possibly and free transfers but definitely not paying a fee for an out of contract player except maybe we are if it's compo then yes paying a fee maybe, but definitely possible not certain I guess.

Don't need visas though so that's for sure*

*unless they're foreign

About cover it?

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I’ll await the pant pishing comments but does nobody else see an issue with this? If we’re in regular contact with the players we’re targeting and they’re also under contract then we’ve clearly had offers accepted and been given permission to speak to them? So why is it taking so long? Are they holding out to see if they get better offers elsewhere? 

3 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Where are you seeing that Jimmy and any mention of the fee?

Aberdeen midfielder Lewis Ferguson is poised to seal a stunning £3million move to Serie A side Bologna.

And Hibs defender Josh Doig will increase the Scots contingent plying their trade in Italy’s top tier by completing his own £3m switch to Hellas Verona early next week.

Ferguson will fly to northern Italy on Saturday to undergo a medical and put pen to paper. Previously the subject of strong interest from Millwall and Italian pair Lecce and Cagliari, the 22-year-old received a glowing report on life at Bologna after putting in a call to Scotland team-mate Aaron Hickey, who is set to leave the club for Premier League Brentford for £18m.

Aberdeen have already sold right-back Calvin Ramsay to Liverpool for £4.5m plus add-ons, and they drove another hard bargain before agreeing to part company with Ferguson.

Hibs will also rake in a substantial fee for 20-year-old Doig, a target for Verona for some months.

The Scotland Under-21s cap will initially go for £3m, with the fee likely to increase after add-ons and a sell-on clause.

Doig will undergo a medical with the side who finished ninth in Serie A last season and will sit out Hibs’ opening game against Clyde in the Premier Sports Cup.

Ferguson, meanwhile, will be missing when Aberdeen make the short trip to Peterhead tomorrow.

Addressing the midfielder’s absence from a midweek pre-season 7-1 friendly win over Brechin, boss Jim Goodwin said: ‘With Lewis we are well aware of the speculation and you guys are as well. I don’t want to pull the wool over anybody’s eyes or anything.

‘But Lewis was away on international duty and has trained with the group. He took a bad knock in one of those games for Scotland and we have just been trying to protect him and make sure we don’t ask too much of him too early on. It’s as simple as that really.’

Goodwin has already made six new signings in forward Bojan Miovski, midfielder Ylber Ramadani, goalkeeper Kelle Roos and defenders Liam Scales, Jayden Richardson and Anthony Stewart.

Promising more new faces after naming centre-half Stewart, 29 as his new club captain, the Irishman admitted he was frustrated that post-Brexit red tape has delayed the involvement of Miovski and Ramadani in match action.

‘The Ramadani thing dragged on a little longer than we anticipated,’ he said. ‘We expected Ylber to be joining us at our training camp in Spain. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen. His visa has been completed now and he has his passport back from the Home Office, so we look forward to him joining the group for training on Monday as well.

‘It shows the complexity of the challenges we face now in recruiting from outwith the EU because of this Brexit thing. It’s been an absolute disaster as far as I’m concerned.

‘We’re feeling the brunt of it in on a football front. We’re identifying great targets and going through all the necessary red tape but, unfortunately, you’re relying on different departments. I’d like to think Miovski will be a lot quicker than the Ramadani one. I’m hopeful, best case probably ten days, worst case, two weeks. I hope.’

Confirming the decision to hand the captain’s armband to ex-Wycombe defender Stewart, Goodwin said: ‘Anthony led the team out against Brechin the other night. He is a great character around the place and is naturally a leader anyway.’

5 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I’ll await the pant pishing comments but does nobody else see an issue with this? If we’re in regular contact with the players we’re targeting and they’re also under contract then we’ve clearly had offers accepted and been given permission to speak to them? So why is it taking so long? Are they holding out to see if they get better offers elsewhere? 

That's a lot of assumptions.

We can get permission to speak to a player before an offer accepted. Also if there's a loan possibility.

Maybe it's taking a while because they need to way up options. Maybe they want to prove themselves at their current club if possible.

As to the last question, of course they'd want a better offer - doesn't every player.

6 minutes ago, jimmydragon said:

Aberdeen midfielder Lewis Ferguson is poised to seal a stunning £3million move to Serie A side Bologna.

And Hibs defender Josh Doig will increase the Scots contingent plying their trade in Italy’s top tier by completing his own £3m switch to Hellas Verona early next week.

Ferguson will fly to northern Italy on Saturday to undergo a medical and put pen to paper. Previously the subject of strong interest from Millwall and Italian pair Lecce and Cagliari, the 22-year-old received a glowing report on life at Bologna after putting in a call to Scotland team-mate Aaron Hickey, who is set to leave the club for Premier League Brentford for £18m.

Aberdeen have already sold right-back Calvin Ramsay to Liverpool for £4.5m plus add-ons, and they drove another hard bargain before agreeing to part company with Ferguson.

Hibs will also rake in a substantial fee for 20-year-old Doig, a target for Verona for some months.

The Scotland Under-21s cap will initially go for £3m, with the fee likely to increase after add-ons and a sell-on clause.

Doig will undergo a medical with the side who finished ninth in Serie A last season and will sit out Hibs’ opening game against Clyde in the Premier Sports Cup.

Ferguson, meanwhile, will be missing when Aberdeen make the short trip to Peterhead tomorrow.

Addressing the midfielder’s absence from a midweek pre-season 7-1 friendly win over Brechin, boss Jim Goodwin said: ‘With Lewis we are well aware of the speculation and you guys are as well. I don’t want to pull the wool over anybody’s eyes or anything.

‘But Lewis was away on international duty and has trained with the group. He took a bad knock in one of those games for Scotland and we have just been trying to protect him and make sure we don’t ask too much of him too early on. It’s as simple as that really.’

Goodwin has already made six new signings in forward Bojan Miovski, midfielder Ylber Ramadani, goalkeeper Kelle Roos and defenders Liam Scales, Jayden Richardson and Anthony Stewart.

Promising more new faces after naming centre-half Stewart, 29 as his new club captain, the Irishman admitted he was frustrated that post-Brexit red tape has delayed the involvement of Miovski and Ramadani in match action.

‘The Ramadani thing dragged on a little longer than we anticipated,’ he said. ‘We expected Ylber to be joining us at our training camp in Spain. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen. His visa has been completed now and he has his passport back from the Home Office, so we look forward to him joining the group for training on Monday as well.

‘It shows the complexity of the challenges we face now in recruiting from outwith the EU because of this Brexit thing. It’s been an absolute disaster as far as I’m concerned.

‘We’re feeling the brunt of it in on a football front. We’re identifying great targets and going through all the necessary red tape but, unfortunately, you’re relying on different departments. I’d like to think Miovski will be a lot quicker than the Ramadani one. I’m hopeful, best case probably ten days, worst case, two weeks. I hope.’

Confirming the decision to hand the captain’s armband to ex-Wycombe defender Stewart, Goodwin said: ‘Anthony led the team out against Brechin the other night. He is a great character around the place and is naturally a leader anyway.’

Thanks Jimmy.

I think £3m is a decent fee, with a few add ons that good business for us.

Hopefully helps us make a few more moves now.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

I think we'll miss Ferguson however I'm glad he's gone as it puts an end to this saga.

Will be interesting to see whether or not we do actually miss him. He's a good player, and he's chipped in with plenty goals, so credit where credit's due. However, I think we might have a better balanced midfield without him. Not sure what type of player Ramadani is, but I assume he's joining as a starter, alongside McCrorie and Barron as the current first choice midfield 3. I've always thought that any time we've used Ferguson as the more advanced midfielder, either in a 4231 or in a 433, he hinders our creativity massively and is largely responsible for us being dire to watch. We need a creative player as our advanced midfielder - Barron might be worth a shot there, although he is also far better than Ferguson at picking the ball up deep and doing something proactive with it. Ferguson gets it off the defence and just passes it back to them. We might actually find we are significantly better without Ferguson slowing everything down in midfield. Time will tell. If we even spend another £1m of the reputed £3m fee, on another 2 or 3 players I think we could be looking in pretty decent shape.

• Upvote 4
17 minutes ago, Helmet said:

So let me recap-

we might be speaking to some players we've guessed some of them but not all of them, maybe not any of them actually but they're definitely under contract or are they? or they must be loans definitely except maybe if it's a transfer fee or they could be out of contract possibly and free transfers but definitely not paying a fee for an out of contract player except maybe we are if it's compo then yes paying a fee maybe, but definitely possible not certain I guess.

Don't need visas though so that's for sure*

*unless they're foreign

About cover it?

Sums up the whole thread

Nobody knows anything

We're all speculating, asking the ether, hoping for answers we like

But the ether is full of cunts

Cunts with opinions and no answers

Cunts wearing Tena Lady

Cunts

• Upvote 1
Just now, zeroisgod76 said:

So how long do we wait for them to make a decision? Another week? A month? Deadline day?

Depends on how good they are and how long the manager is willing to wait for them.  I'm sure there's a date in Jim's mind before he feels he needs to move on to other targets. 

• Upvote 2

It’s sad to see these young guys move on, but we’ve got to admit this our lot in life now.  £3m+ for Ferguson is great money.  I’d like to see us speculate on a few promising young Scottish players with some of the proceeds, we need to keep this conveyor belt running.