Summer 2022 Transfer Window

8 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I see he’s Cape Verdian? Another drawn out work permit/visa issue then, presumably?

Unfortunately it will be. The guy Hibs signed from Benfica B is still not allowed to play and they announced him on 15th June. So I'd say going by that it will be approx a month before we get visa and work permit through. 

He played for Portugal at youth levels but recently played a friendly for Cape Verde so I presume he has dual nationality.

3 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Unfortunately it will be. The guy Hibs signed from Benfica B is still not allowed to play and they announced him on 15th June. So I'd say going by that it will be approx a month before we get visa and work permit through. 

He played for Portugal at youth levels but recently played a friendly for Cape Verde so I presume he has dual nationality.

Unless of course we anticipated all of this and are already on the road to getting the permit and visa. 

23 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Was just thinking that. Probably unlikely we will see him before the league campaign starts. 

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Surely someone with a Portuguese passport does not need a work permit in the UK? 

Just going by the lad hibs signed from Benfica B 4 weeks ago and still hasn’t got a permit. He’s also Portuguese. Not sure if the cases are exactly the same or not but using it as a guide. 

2 hours ago, slippers said:

Worth a punt isn’t it. We need a back up striker and this lad has a good strike rate considering he hasn’t started much games. Guess it’s similar to the lad Hibs have signed both probably a bit of a gamble but worth the risk. No idea what level the second tier of Portuguese football is like. 

Probably a similar level to the second tier of Dutch football where we found Vinny.

Sensible signing him now, giving him a season to settle. As Ramirez will only be here until the end of this season at latest, then we will be looking for another striker next summer anyway.

Bit weird JG saying just yesterday that he was looking at a couple of attacking midfielders and a winger if this was a done deal pretty much. Unless he sees him as an  AM/Winger?

2 hours ago, slippers said:

He’s 22 though. Surely would of been in or about the first team by now if anywhere near good enough. He has a good return of 8 goal in 20 games. Looking like he came of bench in 14 of them so isn’t even a first pick for the B team. 

Benfica are a Champions League team. Folk on here are getting a boner about Ronan who can't get a game for Wolves.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1