Summer 2022 Transfer Window

2 hours ago, perthshirered said:

Your expecting us to be signing players that should be in or about Benficas first team? I think you might need to lower your expectations ever so slightly. 

You have took that in the wrong context I was referring to the lad questioning why Benfica let him go.

I’m looking forward to seeing him. As someone said above this kind of signing over epl reserve loan or Curtis Main any day of the week! 

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Seems there was rumours on Portugese websites 7/8 hours ago. Surprised its taken this long to get on here considering how ITK our ITK'ers are.

Oh they knew about it, they just couldn't say anything about it specifically for....reasons.

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Tord31 said:

So creating goals has been our problem for two years and now we spend a fee on

a right back

a central midfielder

two strikers

you'd like to fucking hope it's going to be an amazing signing when a winger turns up? As it would be fair mismanagement to short change ourselves

Matty Kennedy 2.0 ?? 

Tbf our hands been forced into signing a new rb and our CM situation was a mess come end of last season. I think we’ll spend a few ££ on 2/3 more creative signings yet. Don’t panic ?

2 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Matty Kennedy 2.0 ?? 

Tbf our hands been forced into signing a new rb and our CM situation was a mess come end of last season. I think we’ll spend a few ££ on 2/3 more creative signings yet. Don’t panic ?

No panic here and absolutely right call for us to splash the cash because the £1m mckenna was an utter bonus that we couldnt have been forecasting

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Long may splashing the cash when appropriate continue.

The fees we’ve taken in the last couple of years is brilliant, as you said, reinvest when appropriate, this Summer is definately needed after last seasons shit show and some of the signings made by the previous management team 

Still think we need an accomplished LB, McKenzie and Hayes as cover isn’t ideal, Hayes will still have a big part to play this season I reckon but prefer him further forward, If we managed to get a proven LB then we would have the basis for a solid defence with the new centre half pairing and Richardson on the right. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, beef_sister said:

The fees we’ve taken in the last couple of years is brilliant, as you said, reinvest when appropriate, this Summer is definately needed after last seasons shit show and some of the signings made by the previous management team 

Still think we need an accomplished LB, McKenzie and Hayes as cover isn’t ideal, Hayes will still have a big part to play this season I reckon but prefer him further forward, If we managed to get a proven LB then we would have the basis for a solid defence with the new centre half pairing and Richardson on the right. 

I reckon it'll happen by September even if it's not been our intention this summer. The more games we play the more apparent it will be.

I presume Hayes will play the next two at LB

16 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

Hayes can still be direct, we’ve lacked that up the pitch. Bit of the James Milners about him in the sense he doesn’t seem to lose fitness with age. He should not be left back.

Assuming Duk is a done deal, a good quality winger, CAM and lb and I’m very pleased. Anything on top of that is a bonus.

• Upvote 1

If we're going to play Goodwin's preferred 4-2-3-1 I'm still looking for the 2 of the 3 in that formation and a LB

We've no creativity in midfield and from all reports yon Ramadani is an other to break up the play. Cant have McCrorie, Barron and Besuijen behind the striker, we'll create fuck all and its putting an awful lot on Besuijen  to do with only the likes of Kennedy and McLennan to back him up. 

Dont want to go into this season with Kennedy and/or McLennan as automatic first team picks because we dont have any other options. Need to get both Ronan and McGrath or 2 similar in just to get this squad to a point where we've got a decent first 11. 

1 minute ago, spamspamspam said:

If we're going to play Goodwin's preferred 4-2-3-1 I'm still looking for the 2 of the 3 in that formation and a LB

We've no creativity in midfield and from all reports yon Ramadani is an other to break up the play. Cant have McCrorie, Barron and Besuijen behind the striker, we'll create fuck all and its putting an awful lot on Besuijen  to do with only the likes of Kennedy and McLennan to back him up. 

Dont want to go into this season with Kennedy and/or McLennan as automatic first team picks because we dont have any other options. Need to get both Ronan and McGrath or 2 similar in just to get this squad to a point where we've got a decent first 11. 

Goodwin has said Lopes plus 3 more. 

#10 winger and lb would be my guess.