Summer 2022 Transfer Window

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Is it a good thing that the team is being put together with players of all nationalities? I’m not so sure. 
It’s one thing to go down the McInnes route of an all UK & Ireland team but to do a 180 degree about turn? Hopefully not a step TOO far.

Good for the WAGS to have nationality themed nights ?

On 7/16/2022 at 10:35 AM, whulbert said:

For all the speculation on here, I expect we'll only make two new signings: a winger (with McLennan to be moved out) and a creative CM (with Polvara either to be moved out, or kept as second reserve).

Goodwin has said he is targeting a 22 man squad, and if Duncan, Milne and Hancock are promoted to the first team squad, then we already have that.

I expect that, as we strengthen forward areas, Hayes will become first choice LB. Mackenzie and Hancock (if he isn't loaned out) will provide cover/competition in that position.

We don't have an obvious second choice RB but if Richardson is injured I expect that McCrorie/Hayes/Kennedy would fill in at that position. Ideally we'd move out Bates and sign a new right sided defender who could play both RB and RCB, but I can't see anyone taking Bates off our hands.

Only other business: Harvey, Ngwenya and maybe Hancock to be loaned out to 2nd/3rd tier sides?

Also, if Barron doesn't sign a contract extension (and it looks like he won't, given the delay) I think there's a chance he may still be sold in this window...

giphy.gif

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2, 24.3°c with an easterly wind picking up after 3pm.

??️

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Is it a good thing that the team is being put together with players of all nationalities? I’m not so sure. 
It’s one thing to go down the McInnes route of an all UK & Ireland team but to do a 180 degree about turn? Hopefully not a step TOO far.

Hasn't hindered the likes of Liverpool or Man City. 

12 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

We've signed 7 players so far. 2 are English, 1 already played in Scotland, a dutchman who's been living in England for like the past 10 years, an albanian who's here with his family and going by what he's said in his interviews he'll have no issues settling in. We obviously still have Miovski to arrive but Ramadani will help him settle. The only one for me who may struggle to settle is Lopes. But Goodwin has been very vocal about what the club does to help players settle. Not just ones from overseas but ones that arrive at the club from other parts of the UK. 

Keep bringing it on with the international dandies!!

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

The squads that Smith/Miller had in the early nineties contained a shitload of Dutchmen and and a Finn. They weren't too dusty. It did admittedly help that they all spoke English fluently.

It remains to be seen if our 3 new foreigners will do as well as that cohort but the later stages of McInnes' time with us we didn't do too great with a UK and Ireland player signing policy and Glass' one was downright disastrous. We can surely only improve.

On the flip side Ebbe didn't have as much success

i think it was a bit of a joke not getting over 10M for 2 of the best players we ve had in decades. especially selling calvin to one of the best teams in the world and lewis going abroad. youd think 5M at least to bring a player in from overseas for bologna. maybe it was a contract thing and they didnt have much leverage but 15M for Ramsay and 5M+ for lewis would have put us in a strong position replacing and competing. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Harvhooks said:

i think it was a bit of a joke not getting over 10M for 2 of the best players we ve had in decades. especially selling calvin to one of the best teams in the world and lewis going abroad. youd think 5M at least to bring a player in from overseas for bologna. maybe it was a contract thing and they didnt have much leverage but 15M for Ramsay and 5M+ for lewis would have put us in a strong position replacing and competing. 

:fishing:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, onlynik said:

From Robbie Boyle @bbc Scotland 

@AberdeenFC manager Jim Goodwin says he hopes to sign “a couple of really good players” ahead of the Premiership opener against Celtic. 

He says the Visa processes for Luis Lopes and Bojan Miovski should be completed soon.

That's Tom Ritchie away to Queen of the South for the season.

First team squad currently standing at 23 so if Goodwin gets his 22 man squad he needs to lose more than he signs.

Ngwenya certainly very likely to be loaned out. 

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

First team squad currently standing at 23 so if Goodwin gets his 22 man squad he needs to lose more than he signs.

Entirely possible he was just trying to temper our expectations by saying 22 man squad. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, onlynik said:

From Robbie Boyle @bbc Scotland 

@AberdeenFC manager Jim Goodwin says he hopes to sign “a couple of really good players” ahead of the Premiership opener against Celtic. 

He says the Visa processes for Luis Lopes and Bojan Miovski should be completed soon.

I'll go for an Irish midfielder and a left back.

24 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

McLennan also looks like a strong candidate to be punted. Not played a minute of our 2 competitive games so far. 

• Site Sponsor
3 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

There was a massive TROUT spotted in west hill last night crawling through the back gardens, at first it looked like flags of different country’s sticking all over it,  but no it was different coloured knickers. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Jesus fucking Christ

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

McLennan also looks like a strong candidate to be punted. Not played a minute of our 2 competitive games so far. 

I'll be really surprised if McLennan is still here at the end of the window.  Must be about sixth or seventh choice for his position.  Either somebody will cough up the £5 and a box of urinal cakes asking price or he'll be given the club's "best wishes for the future" and allowed to find another club.

Ngwenya will be heading out on loan I reckon.  League One or Championship.

Hancock out on loan too, he's not shown up enough in the games he's had.  The proposed move to Arbroath would have been good for him.  Should go there if it's back on.

Harvey will head out on loan too, now we've got three strikers ahead of him.

• Site Sponsor
19 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

As site sponsor surely you have some sway to finally ban that cunt 

A fair few folk make this forum unreadable but he’s the worst culprit 

An absolute heid the ba’ and nae in a funny way 

Get him to fuck 

Ach, I’ve never blocked nor banned anyone but I do despair of the constant drivel he comes out with.

Makes me wonder what kind of utter pish runs through his solitary brain cell to think that what he posts is somehow amusing. 

The boy’s a complete Fuckwit and his posts are inane, banal drivel.

Mind you, if we started banning people for posting shite, there’d be naebody left on here - me included!

• Upvote 3