Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

If Coulson was or is as shite as the usual suspects on here are proclaiming, how has he lasted as long as he has at Boro without getting bombed a long time ago, playing 46 games for them in the prawcess?

I've explained my thinking on Coulson, in that i think his strengths are going forward as he has exceptional pace but i just don't think he is a good defender. He had a season under Woodgate playing for Mboro where he was given a chance to get regular games and was played as a left wing back where they had Coulson on one side and Djed Spence on the other (who has just had a storming season on loan at Forest earned a very valuable move to Spurs). 

He earned a lucrative new 4 year contract that xmas, actually won the young player of the year award ahead of Spence and was linked with a ten million pound move to Newcastle. Since Woodgate left other manager don't seem to have been keen to play him regularly and he has been tried in various other positions. Neil Warnock even tried playing him as a number 10 and an inverted right winger. Last season he was besieged with injury and illness so hard to judge anything on his spell with Ipswich. 

If we played 3 at the back and Coulson was coming as a left wing back i think he would be far more suited to that but as we play a back 4 and havnt been the strongest defensively last season i would have expected that we would be looking for someone better defensively and more solid as i don't think he is suited to being left back in a back 4. 

And i would say I'm not a usual suspect, i very rarely criticize the players its usually only DC who gets my wrath. As i said though i will still be supporting Hayden and hope he proves me wrong. And i also mentioned it might be the case he plays as a winger and someone else plays at Left back behind him. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Because they are basing their views on a single game against us for St Mirren 4 years ago

i first saw him in that game but my opinion is not based just on one game. Its on his general defensive play not being great and my opinion that when he has done well it has been when he has played as an attacking left wing back or as a left winger as he did when on loan at Cambridge. He lost his place at PBoro as the manager felt he wasn't strong enough defensively either. If you try to watch the first half an hour of the Derby v Peterborough match from back in Feb when he was sent of for 2 bookings in 5 minutes as an example of his defending you will understand why i think he not a good defender. 

13 minutes ago, minijc said:

The best thing here is that you think you are winding me up when I'm rinsing you and the other non believers.

You're the one that keeps getting angry and throwing out personal insults ?

You're "rinsing" nothing. BTW "rinsed" is guffy patter, put it away.

15 minutes ago, minijc said:

The best thing here is that you think you are winding me up when I'm rinsing you and the other non believers.

Of the three, you'd expect today is the much mooted LB, and the hope that another is Ronan. Any idea on what the position of the other player might be?

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Based on what you know of them... their career paths... the levels they've played at. I'm pretty sure you could form an opinion one way or the other as to whether you personally would class them as very good footballers?

No, not really. I’ll watch them play first.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, minijc said:

Hilariously bitter, you, dork and dozy, 3 pathetic old men.

What you bringing me into it for? I've said nothing to you for ages.

I don't believe you, you've posted nothing that shows you're in the know. I called you out on it and you did nothing to prove me wrong. End of.

Continually posting shite like "you're rinsing" folk or they keep looking like cunts for not believing you is a deflection. You're so desperate to claim to everyone that you're itk that if someone didn't believe you you'd be so desperate to prove them wrong. The fact that you haven't shows you know nothing.

Anyway, I'm done talking about it. The most pointless and pathetic theme that comes up on this forum. I'd rather talk about actual football. Have fun with your little game, I've no desire to play.

Now fuck off you ridiculously sad, pathetic virgin.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 5
5 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

You're the one that keeps getting angry and throwing out personal insults ?

You're "rinsing" nothing. BTW "rinsed" is guffy patter, put it away.

'Patter' is weegie, so that explains a lot.

3 minutes ago, RedRichard said:

Of the three, you'd expect today is the much mooted LB, and the hope that another is Ronan. Any idea on what the position of the other player might be?

Coulson is here, he trained today so it will be announced later, other position I'm unsure it could be a central defender if Bates goes, it might be a striker is Ramirez leaves or another keeper with Joe going.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Daisy1903 said:

What you bringing me into it for? I've said nothing to you for ages.

I don't believe you, you've posted nothing that shows you're in the know. I called you out on it and you did nothing to prove me wrong. End of.

Continually posting shite like "you're rinsing" folk or they keep looking like cunts for not believing you is a deflection. You're so desperate to claim to everyone that you're itk that if someone didn't believe you you'd be so desperate to prove them wrong. The fact that you haven't shows you know nothing.

Anyway, I'm done talking about it. The most pointless and pathetic theme that comes up on this forum. I'd rather talk about actual football. Have fun with your little game, I've no desire to play.

Now fuck off you ridiculously sad, pathetic virgin.

HAHAHAHA ROID RAGE

15 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I've explained my thinking on Coulson, in that i think his strengths are going forward as he has exceptional pace but i just don't think he is a good defender. He had a season under Woodgate playing for Mboro where he was given a chance to get regular games and was played as a left wing back where they had Coulson on one side and Djed Spence on the other (who has just had a storming season on loan at Forest earned a very valuable move to Spurs). 

He earned a lucrative new 4 year contract that xmas, actually won the young player of the year award ahead of Spence and was linked with a ten million pound move to Newcastle. Since Woodgate left other manager don't seem to have been keen to play him regularly and he has been tried in various other positions. Neil Warnock even tried playing him as a number 10 and an inverted right winger. Last season he was besieged with injury and illness so hard to judge anything on his spell with Ipswich. 

If we played 3 at the back and Coulson was coming as a left wing back i think he would be far more suited to that but as we play a back 4 and havnt been the strongest defensively last season i would have expected that we would be looking for someone better defensively and more solid as i don't think he is suited to being left back in a back 4. 

And i would say I'm not a usual suspect, i very rarely criticize the players its usually only DC who gets my wrath. As i said though i will still be supporting Hayden and hope he proves me wrong. And i also mentioned it might be the case he plays as a winger and someone else plays at Left back behind him. 

i first saw him in that game but my opinion is not based just on one game. Its on his general defensive play not being great and my opinion that when he has done well it has been when he has played as an attacking left wing back or as a left winger as he did when on loan at Cambridge. He lost his place at PBoro as the manager felt he wasn't strong enough defensively either. If you try to watch the first half an hour of the Derby v Peterborough match from back in Feb when he was sent of for 2 bookings in 5 minutes as an example of his defending you will understand why i think he not a good defender. 

Good post, thanks

7 minutes ago, minijc said:

'Patter' is weegie, so that explains a lot.

Coulson is here, he trained today so it will be announced later, other position I'm unsure it could be a central defender if Bates goes, it might be a striker is Ramirez leaves or another keeper with Joe going.

The alternative is "banter" which is aggressively English, lesser of two evils.

7 minutes ago, minijc said:

HAHAHAHA ROID RAGE

You really proved him wrong there! He's rinsed now! ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, minijc said:

Mcgrath and Siegrist still our number one targets?

Just because somebody is number one target It doesn’t mean they will want to come. Was it no you earlier saying boys were our 26th choice. Mon miniballs your no that thick. That’s not how it works. Showing yourself up now.

Siegrest went to a better team, it’s clear JG would like McGrath but he’s on big wages. Terrible comeback. 

just take it on the chin sometimes ? 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Just because somebody is number one target It doesn’t mean they will want to come. Was it no you earlier saying boys were our 26th choice. Mon miniballs your no that thick. That’s not how it works. Showing yourself up now.

Siegrest went to a better team, it’s clear JG would like McGrath but he’s on big wages. Terrible comeback. 

just take it on the chin sometimes ? 

He was never our number one target though, so off you pop and lol at you claiming Siegrist had signed, just you let the big boys dish out the ITK posts.

• Haha 2

Not as if Boro are a diddy club or hold onto players for as long as possible with zero chance of making it there.  And if this is a loan, whose to say he doesn’t return to Teesside and enjoys a successful career there? (albeit, unlikely)

Mboro are in the championship and a pretty big club but they can still get it wrong about a player and give a long term highly lucrative contract to a player who doesn't quite reach the levels they thought he might. We gave a long deal to Connor M when he showed some potential when he broke through. Sometimes things just don't work out as hoped but you cant just make the player leave when it doesn't work out as the contract is in place.

Strange thing about Hancock was that he looked very good at right back up at Buckie, notwithstanding the level of opponent that afternoon.

By my reckoning, McKenzie never is or never will be a LB or LWB but could make it as a LCB. 

We are though allowed to formulate our own opinions of players. I think Mackenzie will make it as a LB if he can ever stay fit and will be a better LB than Coulson will be. I don't think you should write him off and say he will never be a LB but that's your opinion and you are fully entitled to make your own judgement. Alternatively you obviously don't think I should write off Coulson as a poor defender but that's just my opinion?‍♂️ but I'm allowed to give my view just the same as you did with Mackenzie.

Lets agree to disagree on who will be the better left back and just hope both of us are proved wrong and we end up with 2 good left backs competing for a spot in the team and we will both be happy ?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, sigh said:

Fair enough, didnt realise the guy was at training today- assume tying up his medical as well and announcement later today then.

Given that he trained I'd suspect the medical was all good, soon see.

6 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

I do let the big boys dish out the ITK posts. I credited Jim Goodwin about 3 hours ago before you started greeting. 

LoL

7 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Invitation to Lewis/Bates/Mclennan/Ramirez that they can knock at his door anytime...

Bates and McLennan clearly aren't good enough. If however he doesn't need to sell players in order to bring in the 3 that he wants then its a no-brainer to keep Lewis and Ramirez (if they want to stay), whether as first choice or back up they're both clearly good enough to be squad players at the very least.

4 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Bates and McLennan clearly aren't good enough. If however he doesn't need to sell players in order to bring in the 3 that he wants then its a no-brainer to keep Lewis and Ramirez (if they want to stay), whether as first choice or back up they're both clearly good enough to be squad players at the very least.

Expensive back ups though. Sure Goodwin would be happy if both knocked on his door asking to leave