Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I'm going to make a sweeping generalisation about the players we have signed from down south this window.  That means I don't care or want to hear about specific individuals that don't exactly fit this statement.

In general, the signings have been of lower end Championship/top end League 1 standard, whereas in previous seasons they were bottom end League 1/top end League 2.  In other words, theoretically we have stepped up a gear or two in the level of quality of players we have signed over previous seasons.

8 hours ago, minijc said:

'Patter' is weegie, so that explains a lot.

Coulson is here, he trained today so it will be announced later, other position I'm unsure it could be a central defender if Bates goes, it might be a striker is Ramirez leaves or another keeper with Joe going.

The other one is a winger.

10 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I'm going to make a sweeping generalisation about the players we have signed from down south this window.  That means I don't care or want to hear about specific individuals that don't exactly fit this statement.

In general, the signings have been of lower end Championship/top end League 1 standard, whereas in previous seasons they were bottom end League 1/top end League 2.  In other words, theoretically we have stepped up a gear or two in the level of quality of players we have signed over previous seasons.

Gleeson was from the championship.

Hell of baptism of fire coming up for a brand new team and not having Scales available is pretty terifuinh considering where we’re going but there’s quality in the line up.

we don’t know the players, but either does Postakangeroodown so…..you just never know.

The Weegia melt down if we get so much as a point would be bedlam. And I’ve already put my Bead Rattler mates here in New Orleans on notice to just turn their phones off if we win cause it’ll save us all a lot of trouble. 

40 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

Do they rattle their beads during Mardi Gras?

As one could imagine, there’s fair amount of beads tits and beers all getting rattled. I used to love it. Always a great day. My Everton daft mate used to throw the best party and he lived in the quarter but folk get older and honestly fuck that now. Add in the fact that the quarter is a bullet fest right now and it’s best to steer clear. 

6 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

As one could imagine, there’s fair amount of beads tits and beers all getting rattled. I used to love it. Always a great day. My Everton daft mate used to throw the best party and he lived in the quarter but folk get older and honestly fuck that now. Add in the fact that the quarter is a bullet fest right now and it’s best to steer clear. 

Must have felt like the old days in Pitmedden ?

10 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I think you will probably find apart from the 3 foreign lads we are shopping in the same market as before maybe even slightly below than before 

• Upvote 2

Jeepers me.

Plenty on here would say Ronaldo was too old if we signed him, or Messi was too small.

I am from an era that remembers when Fergie went to Dick Donald asking for money to sign a player and was told to work with the players he already had. That worked out well if I recall. 

I firmly believe that JG is beginning to build a balanced squad, some players of which will probably do very well and be sold at a handsome profit. 

In other words Aberdeen will be famous again, starting with a much better performance on the field this season.

Stand Free and COYR. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Jeepers me.

Plenty on here would say Ronaldo was too old if we signed him, or Messi was too small.

I am from an era that remembers when Fergie went to Dick Donald asking for money to sign a player and was told to work with the players he already had. That worked out well if I recall. 

I firmly believe that JG is beginning to build a balanced squad, some players of which will probably do very well and be sold at a handsome profit. 

In other words Aberdeen will be famous again, starting with a much better performance on the field this season.

Stand Free and COYR. 

I'd have to agree.

The turnaround we've seen in one transfer window is pretty insane. Obviously all of these signings aren't going to be winners but imagine the position we could be this time next year?

I know this optimism is going to bite me in the arse but I can't help it.

43 minutes ago, thurso said:

I think you will probably find apart from the 3 foreign lads we are shopping in the same market as before maybe even slightly below than before 

That's what I thought. The poster got it the wrong way round.

Not criticising the recruitment though as it comes across like we've got a clear strategy and more focus placed on scouting. Guess we'll see over the season. 

I'm confident we'll have a much better season than last though 

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, ERNIE said:

Well afc has taken in about £7.5 million from the sales of Ferguson and Ramsay.They have spent maybe £1.5 million so I fail to see how Cormack has opened his wallet?

When was the last non glasgow club to spend that much in a window.  Considering he also had to buyout bad glass contracts.  Not saying he could have  not spent more but be happy he backed the new manager.  

47 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Jeepers me.

Stand Free and COYR. 

Yeah the AFC youth development coaches of the 1990s

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

No brainer it will be, especially if Barron is out till end of Aug.

I think he meant the other player we're after, on top of Ronan or a Ronan type  is a winger. Goodwin mentioned he was after two more players after Coulson. 

• Upvote 1