Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, minijc said:

I genuinely think there's a player in there, he had a horrible last year with Hamburg, came to us without much of a pre season, started to settle then had a wee injury, imo he's no where near as bad as some make out but I do think it's for the best that he's moved on, especially when such a good fee is on the table.

Come away min he's a clumsy oaf!  On the park about 30 seconds against Brechin and gave away a pen

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Come away min he's a clumsy oaf!  On the park about 30 seconds against Brechin and gave away a pen

I fully understand that, at his age it could be fixed, I'm not saying we should keep him, I'm more than happy for him to go it's best for both parties.

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Does your crystal ball guarantee that Barron, McCrorie and Ramadani will be fit to play every game this season and won't pick up any suspensions or lose form? 

The same question applies to the centre back and right back positions which McCrorie currently is cover for. 

We have more than rust that 3 on the books already in centre midfield tho 

39 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Just Polvara on top of that. 

Still needs development, Big ask for him if he was asked to fill in for any length of time 

Depends what formation is played if it’s 4231 only need 4 and roberts can play there can he not also Milne. 

48 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but if he plays 433 which he's said he might also use and McCrorie is away covering centre back or right back then you're suddenly pretty sparse. 

I've been saying for a few weeks now that we are short in central midfield especially if we are expecting McCrorie to cover CH & RB. Polvara and Milne are young and inexperienced. Goodwin will know that he will sign another central midfielder before the end of the window. 

1 minute ago, Shinniesta said:

I've been saying for a few weeks now that we are short in central midfield especially if we are expecting McCrorie to cover CH & RB. Polvara and Milne are young and inexperienced. Goodwin will know that he will sign another central midfielder before the end of the window. 

Aye I think he'll bring in a central midfielder and also a centre back now Bates is off. 

Some young loons will then be loaned out. 

Then maybe a last minute bit of excitement depending on how player availability changes towards the end of the window. 

16 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye I think he'll bring in a central midfielder and also a centre back now Bates is off. 

Some young loons will then be loaned out. 

Then maybe a last minute bit of excitement depending on how player availability changes towards the end of the window. 

Perhaps completely irrelevant and depending on how much you read into shirt numbers, but 6 & 7 are still free in the first eleven.

Number 6 probably set aside for a central midfielder (Ronan being the preferred target)

Unless Roberts is being given number 7, maybe there is a first choice winger to come

Bates out suggests we will be after a CH, perhaps one that is comfortable on either side

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but if he plays 433 which he's said he might also use and McCrorie is away covering centre back or right back then you're suddenly pretty sparse. 

If he’s playing 433 with mccrorie in defence he will shoe horn hayes or roberts in there with Ramadani sitting deep if he has to, maybe even vini in there as with the amount of attacking players in the squad they will all have to get in some how 

1 hour ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Perhaps completely irrelevant and depending on how much you read into shirt numbers, but 6 & 7 are still free in the first eleven.

Number 6 probably set aside for a central midfielder (Ronan being the preferred target)

Unless Roberts is being given number 7, maybe there is a first choice winger to come

Bates out suggests we will be after a CH, perhaps one that is comfortable on either side

Think I’m just old school but number 6 should be a centre half 

5 hours ago, CCB III said:

Good business for everyone. Big club and a good move for him. 

As usual the utter fuds on Twitter who've never kicked a football in a straight line are sticking the knife in the geezer. 

Some things just don't work. The toxicity isn't required. He's leaving, it didn't work, that's that. 

"haha he's shite" every time a player leaves is fucking boring. 

Little difference with Bates, it was "fuck me, he's shite" while he was here

I tell you we are looking an altogether different proposition for prospective targets now after the summer work of the club.  To outside observers we are genuinely getting stuff done, with a manager who is unequivocal about what he does, and more importantly doesn’t want.   This is a good thing.  Quality attracts quality and I can genuinely see a very pleasing season ahead of us.   Bloody excited actually.