Summer 2022 Transfer Window

4 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Was there a manager spunked more cash away than those maroon haired cunt?

O Neil.

Tzvetanov.

Kiriakov,

Gillies, 

Walker,

Bernard.

I will give him credit for Windass

Aitken over-paying for players only for Miller to sell them on cheap was a theme for the late 90s.  Off the top of my head the players you list, including Windass cost about £3.5 - 4 million in total and those that didn't go on a free took in about half a million total in return.  They were replaced with the likes of Andy Dow and Mark Perry.  And don't forget swapping Dodds plus cash for Winters

Honestly though….as much as I think the beuy Bates is a two goal head start for the opposition, ive no doubt the boy will come good. It’s a sad tale of wrong club wrong time for the boy. He probably needed to get out of Germany and be a first choice left CH. He walked into one of the worst AFC teams In living memory. Perspective: if JET is tracking back…

Ive no doubt the lad will end up sneaking into a Scotland squad cause when you play for Legia they’ll fucking gush about it. Selfishly I hope he stays and fights for his spot. Cause we need players looking Over teammates shoulders. A best mate of mine who lives over here was third choice behind McKimmie and Wright. Obviously couldn’t get game and ended up being Bolton’s right back before winning the league cup with Raith. Point being, Bates will come good. Just not for us. That’s fine. 

ANNOUNCE RONAN. 

31 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Honestly though….as much as I think the beuy Bates is a two goal head start for the opposition, ive no doubt the boy will come good. It’s a sad tale of wrong club wrong time for the boy. He probably needed to get out of Germany and be a first choice left CH. He walked into one of the worst AFC teams In living memory. Perspective: if JET is tracking back…

Ive no doubt the lad will end up sneaking into a Scotland squad cause when you play for Legia they’ll fucking gush about it. Selfishly I hope he stays and fights for his spot. Cause we need players looking Over teammates shoulders. A best mate of mine who lives over here was third choice behind McKimmie and Wright. Obviously couldn’t get game and ended up being Bolton’s right back before winning the league cup with Raith. Point being, Bates will come good. Just not for us. That’s fine. 

ANNOUNCE RONAN. 

Stephen McAnespie? Willie let him go for fuck all to Raith, then they got £1m for him, when he went to Bolton?

I'm not sure I share your assertions about Bates. Good luck to the lad, I hope he indeed does prove Aberdeen wrong and goes on to have a long and succesful career but I doubt it very much. Seems to lack the basic instincts that a natural defender requires, and his ungainly gait does not help. Not our problem now, though.

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Stephen McAnespie? Willie let him go for fuck all to raith,m then they got £1m for him, when he went to Millwall?

That’s my boy. Louisiana coach of the year. An absolute legend of a lad. Keeps a close eye on my boy who’s a 6ft 15 year old left back. Great mate. Love his stories. He’s got a couple of crackers about Stan Collymore. That boy is apparently a total loony tunes. Macca was meant to be out tonight but he decided sex was preferable. Fucking blasphemy. 

• Like 1

He was coaching my lad when he was 6. Aye…my son was 6, Macca was somewhat older. Even at that age he was teaching my son how to take the ball and remind the player that “we”ll be seeing each other the whole match”. Love it.

just to add…Macca still has a massive soft spot for the Dons. He was signed by Fergie. His dad Sandy was a player and of course the manager of Stranraer. Macca often talks about how much his dad and Fergie were thick as thieves. Best mates. Sandy apparently crushed Fergies nuts in a challenge when he played for the filth and they remained great friends. When Fergie was manager of Aberdeen he used to call up Sandy and offer advice. Sir Alex really was a working class fucking hero. I believe Alex Ferguson was a pall barer for Sandy. Some lad. 

1 hour ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Has Ronan been spotted at Gregg’s yet? Minic? Steak bake or chicken? Let’s have it. 

and as a longtime lurker, the only boy that’s ITK is yer man Minic. Has he been wrong? I wonder if he’s a mate of my old lad Malcolm? 

Very kind words Terry, good to have a better quality of poster on here after the recent intake of turnips. 

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Has Ronan been spotted at Gregg’s yet? Minic? Steak bake or chicken? Let’s have it. 

and as a longtime lurker, the only boy that’s ITK is yer man Minic. Has he been wrong? I wonder if he’s a mate of my old lad Malcolm? 

Terry... FFS Minijc has a big enough head as it is without having yet another poster telling him how amazing he is.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Aitken over-paying for players only for Miller to sell them on cheap was a theme for the late 90s.  Off the top of my head the players you list, including Windass cost about £3.5 - 4 million in total and those that didn't go on a free took in about half a million total in return.  They were replaced with the likes of Andy Dow and Mark Perry.  And don't forget swapping Dodds plus cash for Winters

Fuck off I think we all want to forget the Dodds / Winter's deal without doubt the worst piece of transfer  business we ever conducted 

9 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Fuck off I think we all want to forget the Dodds / Winter's deal without doubt the worst piece of transfer  business we ever conducted 

I remember being gutted at the time. Looking back had it been a straight swap it probably wouldn't on paper have been the worst deal, however £700k plus Dodds probably makes Winters our most expensive signing of all time.

We gave them a 29 year old striker who had scored 56 in 147 games for us and replaced him with a 23 year old striker who went on to score 45 in 152. Their records for us aren't too disimilar.

45 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I remember being gutted at the time. Looking back had it been a straight swap it probably wouldn't on paper have been the worst deal, however £700k plus Dodds probably makes Winters our most expensive signing of all time.

We gave them a 29 year old striker who had scored 56 in 147 games for us and replaced him with a 23 year old striker who went on to score 45 in 152. Their records for us aren't too disimilar.

There is no comparison, Dodds was a far better player, he never tripped over his bottom lip and for me the perfect example of Winters lack of ability was in the infamous 2-0 win in the snow at Pittodrie, his penalty struck so poorly it bounced twice before going in

2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Hancock and Ngwenya heading out on loans and Bates moving on. That's 3 players out.. can't see why we would need another one or two to go before bringing another player in?

Because one of the players leaving isn't mentioned there and his position will need filled.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully that will be bates, McLennan and Watkins, all hopeless, need moved on pronto, keep Ramirez the length of his contract then let him go the huffy shit, still a good player in there though

my last bit of business would be to make scales permanent if possible, dunne in as cover, ronin if possible and Boyle or Boyle type winger

league winner

3 hours ago, TerryMcDermott said:

ANNOUNCE RONAN. 

Rocket ?.....Is that you ?.....how ya doin ya feel aal blowhard charlatan ?

1 minute ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Because the current squad level is at 23/24 and goodwin wants 22. I’ll let you work it out. 

So in Goodwin's latest interview he said that he wanted another 2 players in (after Coulson) and that none would have to leave, but that he wouldn't stand in their way if someone knocked down his door asking for a move. Since then 3 have gone or are close to going, and yet you think he wants another 1 or 2 to leave before bringing anyone else in? So the reality would be that he needed to get 5 out the door to bring in the further 2 that he wants?

He has maybe said he wants 22, but i'm pretty sure he'll be happy with the options if he has 23/24 and can then cull more in January if they're not up to scratch?

7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

So in Goodwin's latest interview he said that he wanted another 2 players in (after Coulson) and that none would have to leave, but that he wouldn't stand in their way if someone knocked down his door asking for a move. Since then 3 have gone or are close to going, and yet you think he wants another 1 or 2 to leave before bringing anyone else in? So the reality would be that he needed to get 5 out the door to bring in the further 2 that he wants?

He has maybe said he wants 22, but i'm pretty sure he'll be happy with the options if he has 23/24 and can then cull more in January if they're not up to scratch?

Don’t start with me boy 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1