Summer 2022 Transfer Window

57 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

How can he be 2 months behind? He’s a professional footballer who transferred to us from another professional club! It’s his job to play football, you don’t get a job at Costa with a CV in barrister services and need 2 months to start making lattes 

It's close ....but it's not right.

• Haha 6

58 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Roos didn't move for either goal. No pitch forks out for him?

Im a big critic of Roos but am no sure what you wanted him to do for the goals. Well ideally save them ofcourse but not sure that was possible.. Stranded the first and dived full length for the second which was a screamer.

2 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Im a big critic of Roos but am no sure what you wanted him to do for the goals. Well ideally save them ofcourse but not sure that was possible.. Stranded the first and dived full length for the second which was a screamer.

I am taking the piss just don't think chucking Polvara under the bus when it could have been anyone Jota was skipping past etc. Roos didn't even dive for 1st, would Joe have?

1 minute ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Hate the position he got himself in to for the first goal, starts off ok then walks back 5 steps as the ball comes in, closer to his near post where Coulson is covering which meant he left his righthand side more exposed.  Polvara the biggest issue with that goal but I don't think it was out of the question for Roos to come and clear everything especially given the starting position he took up.

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Hate the position he got himself in to for the first goal, starts off ok then walks back 5 steps as the ball comes in, closer to his near post where Coulson is covering which meant he left his righthand side more exposed.  Polvara the biggest issue with that goal but I don't think it was out of the question for Roos to come and clear everything especially given the starting position he took up.

i'm not sure if he's come for any corner in the first five games?

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

I’m old skool & do not understand why we don’t have men on both posts.

The amount of goals you see that trundle into the far corner is huge. 
Could easily be cleared off the line. 

And I’ve seen nothing to allay my fears that Roos is susceptible at cross balls. 

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’m old skool & do not understand why we don’t have men on both posts.

The amount of goals you see that trundle into the far corner is huge. 
Could easily be cleared off the line. 

And I’ve seen nothing to allay my fears that Roos is susceptible at cross balls. 

It was only 3 minutes into the game ,  they did not know where the posts were. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     ?

53 minutes ago, Glass half full said:

Roos had some decent saves that kept the score down, and to blame him for the goals is ridiculous.

Not saying he is perfect, kicking isn’t anything special and cross balls he’s maybe not the most commanding keeper in the league, but give him a break he had a good performance. 
A lot bigger issues than the keeper at the moment. 

It was a good performance but let’s be honest, his saves were expected and fairly routine. Any of the saves go on then we would be giving him pelters. 
Loved when he skinned there striker Tbf.

1 hour ago, MattTheTank said:

So we could have a couple new signings in for St Mirren on Saturday? ?

Despite having already undertaken a vast rebuilding job at Pittodrie, Goodwin felt the loss to Celtic reinforced the need to add further quality to his squad.

Goodwin said: “We are still working really hard in the transfer window. We are not done yet by any stretch of the imagination.

20503497_45471191-1k63eahor-e16592915612 Jim Goodwin.

“We still have to add a bit of quality. I think we miss Connor Barron when he’s not playing in the middle of the pitch. Jack MacKenzie is out injured as well.

“We still need a bit more quality in the team to be able to handle the ball better, and give us more opportunities against difficult opposition.

“Hopefully this week we can get a bit further down the line with one or two, and hopefully we can have a couple of new faces for the St Mirren game.”

Looking hopeful. Westhill Wanderer said yesterday the Ronan was dead in the water so either he’s got inside info, talking pish or just being his usual pessimistic self. If it’s not Ronan, then looks like Goodwin’s got an alternative lined up.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
45 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Despite having already undertaken a vast rebuilding job at Pittodrie, Goodwin felt the loss to Celtic reinforced the need to add further quality to his squad.

Goodwin said: “We are still working really hard in the transfer window. We are not done yet by any stretch of the imagination.

“We still have to add a bit of quality. I think we miss Connor Barron when he’s not playing in the middle of the pitch. Jack MacKenzie is out injured as well.

“We still need a bit more quality in the team to be able to handle the ball better, and give us more opportunities against difficult opposition.

“Hopefully this week we can get a bit further down the line with one or two, and hopefully we can have a couple of new faces for the St Mirren game.”

Looking hopeful. Westhill Wanderer said yesterday the Ronan was dead in the water so either he’s got inside info, talking pish or just being his usual pessimistic self. If it’s not Ronan, then looks like Goodwin’s got an alternative lined up.

Good to see thwt the squad still lacks depth and quality in a couple of areas. Who knows whether Ronan is still a target or not but i'd like to see us push the boat out for a quality midfielder. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

I am taking the piss just don't think chucking Polvara under the bus when it could have been anyone Jota was skipping past etc. Roos didn't even dive for 1st, would Joe have?

Not many keepers saving that header tbf. Why there was no dons player on the back post though….

58 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

He says about three times a day that we won’t get Ronan. 

7 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The fee was initially reported as £400k or thereabouts?

But, I’d also read he was free but has a 50% sell on clause 

Benfica reported it around 500k euros, and they retained a percentage of the player's future transfer. Was translated but read along those lines.

Additionally, transfermarkt have it down as £423k. They have every other amount right from what's announced/common knowledge, so I doubt this is somehow the only one which is wrong.

The £0 up front with them retaining 50% of the players transfer rights was the lad Tavares who went to Hibs.

Aberdeen FC - Record arrivals | Transfermarkt

4 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Benfica reported it around 500k euros, and they retained a percentage of the player's future transfer. Was translated but read along those lines.

Additionally, transfermarkt have it down as £423k. They have every other amount right from what's announced/common knowledge, so I doubt this is somehow the only one which is wrong.

The £0 up front with them retaining 50% of the players transfer rights was the lad Tavares who went to Hibs.

Aberdeen FC - Record arrivals | Transfermarkt

whatever the fee and the sell on is the Dons leaked to the EE that the undisclosed fee could be up to a maximum of £400k

So my interpretation was its fuck all or close to fuck all and there is add ons/sell on which maxes out £400k payable

28 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

So Hibs in for Boyle then.

Surely almost every Scottish club is going to fancy a dabble at that one

Advantage they'll have is that the Saudi club were likely paying up his transfer fee in instalments. They could just agree to waive any future payments due to get him onboard.

The problem they, and every other Scottish club outwith the arse cheeks have then is affording the weekly wages that he was coining in abroad. Rumoured to be £20k/week. You'd have to imagine they won't pay that so they'd be relying on Boyle either taking a whacking great pay cut (why would he do that though??) or hope that the Saudi club bungs him a big old lump sum pay-off in order to encourage him off their books. 

On the other hand, virtually every English Championship club could afford it comfortably. If he is deffo leaving Saudi, I think that's where he'll end up

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Advantage they'll have is that the Saudi club were likely paying up his transfer fee in instalments. They could just agree to waive any future payments due to get him onboard.

The problem they, and every other Scottish club outwith the arse cheeks have then is affording the weekly wages that he was coining in abroad. Rumoured to be £20k/week. You'd have to imagine they won't pay that so they'd be relying on Boyle either taking a whacking great pay cut (why would he do that though??) or hope that the Saudi club bungs him a big old lump sum pay-off in order to encourage him off their books. 

On the other hand, virtually every English Championship club could afford it comfortably. If he is deffo leaving Saudi, I think that's where he'll end up

He had a 50% wage drop if they were relegated, but even then £10k pw is out of Hibs price range.

53 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

So Hibs in for Boyle then.

Surely almost every Scottish club is going to fancy a dabble at that one

Hibs would be in pole position probably, seeing as they’re still due a big chunk of the initial fee? The Saudis & Hibs could just write it off for the return of Boyle.

Would be good to think we’d at least ask the question of him though. 

He’s going to have accept a massive drop in his alleged £15k - £20k per week regardless