Summer 2022 Transfer Window

7 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Hayes Mcginn Rooney McLean Shinnie Ferguson Logan Lowe and som others were pretty decent signings.....

I’m not saying that every signing was crap, and you could add the £2m Cosgrove to that list!

However, for every success there were many failures and much of it was lazy, like all of our ‘re-signings’, possibly Hayes being the exception.

There never seemed to be a strategy but hopefully that has now changed.

12 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Hayes and McGinn weren't initially signed by McInnes. Unless of course you are meaning their re-signings.

Well the criticism is over a few managers in the Milne era.I would say Mcinnes did pretty well with some not vert well with others but he did have little cash so had to go for frees mainly..

28 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

From what I understand, most of McInnes' "scouting" was done through word of mouth rather than anything more professional. Can't speak for the previous regimes but I would assume it was largely the same

absolute best story being the re-signing of Ash Taylor

Ash : Fit like big Russ? Fa you here to watch iday like min?

Russ : Sorry Ash I didna see yer ugly fazog there. Just here to watch that cunt Ojo. Looks an absolute baller. How you doing anyway? How's the family?

Ash : Nae good Russ to be honest. Fucking hating it here and I'm going to be released soon. I don't suppose you are looking for a centre back though?

Russ : No, to be honest, it's just central midfielders we are looking for this window but we'll not see you go without. I'll check with Deek in the morning and get an offer through to your agent on the same terms as last time.

Ash : Oh cheers Russ you've right cheered me up.

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

absolute best story being the re-signing of Ash Taylor

Ash : Fit like big Russ? Fa you here to watch iday like min?

Russ : Sorry Ash I didna see yer ugly fazog there. Just here to watch that cunt Ojo. Looks an absolute baller. How you doing anyway? How's the family?

Ash : Nae good Russ to be honest. Fucking hating it here and I'm going to be released soon. I don't suppose you are looking for a centre back though?

Russ : No, to be honest, it's just central midfielders we are looking for this window but we'll not see you go without. I'll check with Deek in the morning and get an offer through to your agent on the same terms as last time.

Ash : Oh cheers Russ you've right cheered me up.

Taylor is still better than Bates & Gallagher combined. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Taylor is still better than Bates & Gallagher combined. 

Elizabeth Taylor is better than all of them put together.

6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Is it possible that rather than United beating us to the signature of McGrath, we in fact pulled the plug on the deal as we have secured the signature of somebody else; person unknown?

I presume that. Given Goodwin's good relationship with McGrath he's gave him a shout

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Is it possible that rather than United beating us to the signature of McGrath, we in fact pulled the plug on the deal as we have secured the signature of somebody else; person unknown?

McGrath was probably the backup to the backup if we failed to get Ronan. 

United can have him. I think if Goodwin really wanted him he'd have got him. Burns saying thry've beat us to him. I genuinely don't think that's true. Like you say i think we've pulled the plug because we've got our Plan B after Ronan. 

2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

McGrath was probably the backup to the backup if we failed to get Ronan. 

United can have him. I think if Goodwin really wanted him he'd have got him. Burns saying thry've beat us to him. I genuinely don't think that's true. Like you say i think we've pulled the plug because we've got our Plan B after Ronan. 

Signing tomorrow? ?