Summer 2022 Transfer Window

To my mind, all the signs are pointing to Ronan coming in on a 12 month loan by the end of this week. Ronan has stated he’s open to a loan this season having been able to impress in pre-season, we’ve apparently taken McGrath off the wish list and Goodwin has previously stated Ronan’s a target so i think its fair to assume there’s some substance here. You never do know, but that’s certainly my guess. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

As most have said already if we really wanted McGrath I’m sure we would have made a serious play by now. 
Personally I’m not fussed that he’s not coming here. He was a Glass target, obviously the link with Goodwin is there. But I’m not sure if he fits into our signing policy. In my eyes it would been seen as ‘lazy recruitment’. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Let's hope this permanently ends our interest in McGrath. 3 times he's had the chance to join us and 3 times he's gone elsewhere/tried to go elsewhere. 

I think our interest this time around was luke warm though.

But, if he signs for the DABS, then never let his name be mentioned again. 

I don’t actually think he’s that good. 
Take away the penalties in his first season at St Mirren and what’s left? 
His second season there wasn’t great. 
Couldn’t get near a League One team.

I’d be “meh” if we signed him now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Heard it's Davenport. Fit you saying to it Gents? 

We had the chance to sign him earlier in the window but were holding out for Ronan.  Hearts were supposed to be close to getting him but we possibly have  gone back in for him after McGrath knocking  us back and  Ronan staying at Wolves.  

3 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

We had the chance to sign him earlier in the window but were holding out for Ronan.  Hearts were supposed to be close to getting him but we possibly have  gone back in for him after McGrath knocking  us back and  Ronan staying at Wolves.  

Seems like a bit of a risky signing to me ?

2 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I would have Davenport as the third choice of the three but perhaps mandated by the board to favour having our own players rather than loans

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Does his physio come as a buy one get one free?

He’s made of poppadoms 

I think it would be a pointless signing.

Although Coulson had a pretty good debut Ive said the same about him.

The squad is in fairly good shape. Our last 1-2 signings should be game changers