Summer 2022 Transfer Window

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Would seem odd.

Besuijen, Hayes, Kennedy, Duncan & Roberts are 5 obvious options to play wide.

Why do we need a 6th?

2 or 3 of those would be candidates to play behind the the striker as well though- so 6 gives you 2 for each position.

And McLennan can go.

Athough tbf we do need a CM and maybe a RB more.

5 minutes ago, Helmet said:

2 or 3 of those would be candidates to play behind the the striker as well though- so 6 gives you 2 for each position.

And McLennan can go.

Athough tbf we do need a CM and maybe a RB more.

I didn’t even bother to mention McLennan.

Pretty sure he’ll be going out on loan or have his contract paid up on 31st August. 
Do Cove SEVCO need a winger? 

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I didn’t even bother to mention McLennan.

Pretty sure he’ll be going out on loan or have his contract paid up on 31st August. 
Do Cove SEVCO need a winger? 

Its pleasing that Wright hasn't hit the hights they hoped for, Adding Mclennan would be a joy 

4 minutes ago, KidCreole said:

Why dont you rate Kennedy , I thought he looked brilliant last few games 

Hes 27 soon to be 28 and doesn't set up goals, despite that being the job of a winger. He's never done it. So i don't expect him to start now at this age. 

I credited him with an assist for winning a penalty against Peterhead. But for all his so called good play, in 4 games against lower league opposition he didn’t set up any goals. 

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Hes 27 soon to be 28 and doesn't set up goals, despite that being the job of a winger. He's never done it. So i don't expect him to start now at this age. 

I credited him with an assist for winning a penalty against Peterhead. But for all his so called good play, in 4 games against lower league opposition he didn’t set up any goals. 

Yeha I guess there is a lack of end product (scored a good freekick mind) I am hoping he is a late bloomer and keeps progressing I guess we will see in the next few games , In fact the next few games are going to be pivotal a good many players need to step up miovski being one 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Looks like we did want McGrath, but Wigan wanted too much of a loan fee for him so we did walking away. Is that the correct assumption?

Utd must be paying stupid dough, for the player.

Seems that a deal was basically done with Wigan and McGrath was wanting to come here. But the goalposts got moved at the last minute and we were unwilling to move to do the silly deal Wigan changed to asking us for.

1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Seems that a deal was basically done with Wigan and McGrath was wanting to come here. But the goalposts got moved at the last minute and we were unwilling to move to do the silly deal Wigan changed to asking us for.

Glad we didn't. Not convinced at all he would add much.

21 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

He’s not only played 5 professional games. Believe it or not he’s been playing well before his 5 apps for Aberdeen. I’ve followed his career at Derby . Does it make sense now?

Sorry for not knowing you've followed an obscure Dutch goalkeepers career in the lower leagues of England before he signed for the team that you support. 

7 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

A bit like Besuijen except Vinny is a good bit younger 

7 hours ago, KidCreole said:

Why dont you rate Kennedy , I thought he looked brilliant last few games #

Yeah Roberts looks class

He’s looked a step up against lower league opposition but honestly looked utterly toothless when harassed and pressured against the Potato Hoarders. Granted, he’ll not face that every week but Sunday did nothing to dispel my own opinion that he’s a St Johnstone player who could probably do with going back to St Johnstone. In contrast Vinny looked like he could thrive in that environment with the right teammates. 

26 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

He’s looked a step up against lower league opposition but honestly looked utterly toothless when harassed and pressured against the Potato Hoarders. Granted, he’ll not face that every week but Sunday did nothing to dispel my own opinion that he’s a St Johnstone player who could probably do with going back to St Johnstone. In contrast Vinny looked like he could thrive in that environment with the right teammates. 

Kennedy was avg against Raith too, his final ball / cross just isn't there against a higher standard of side, he's not a Johnny Hayes, but it's not for the lack of effort, you can't fault that, but can see Vinny going wide right Hayes wide left and hopefully a true "baller" coming into the number 10 role. Something we not had since Christie. 

8 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said: