Summer 2022 Transfer Window

11 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I would have Davenport as the third choice of the three but perhaps mandated by the board to favour having our own players rather than loans

Judging by the language we hear in interviews from Dave C I’d be surprised if there’s any kind of mandate to be honest. I think the footballing department now has clear autonomy on recruitment. Which I am led to believe is a marked change from the early days of the Glass regime. JET for example…was not signed by the management apparently. 

2 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Says a lot about the level of comparative euphoria this window has brought, where we could see Davenport setting off a broad reaction of apoplectic rage and pure apathy. 

Would be an absolute marquee signing in any other window.

If our physios/club doctor get to the root of his injuries in the same way they seem to have with Matty Kennedy though....you never know.

Just now, 20two20 said:

If our physios/club doctor get to the root of his injuries in the same way they seem to have with Matty Kennedy though....you never know.

Aye…..took them a minute like. They dusted off Scott Booths personal bench for the boy,  he was spending so much time in there. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, 20two20 said:

My Blackburn ITK mate says certainly a player there but they spent a fortune on treatment and got nowhere with him plaged by injuries, he said he would only offer him a pay as you play deal. He thinks he's off to a league one side or Hearts, Aberdeen interest died in Jan once glass got the dunt! But hes going to do a bit of digging this morning to see if he can find out anything. ?

6 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Just don't see how Davenport fits in? Another defensive mid, would have been useful for Sunday but that games gone now. Should be addressing lcb cover over signing another cdm IMO. 

Agreed.

These last 2-3 signings will tell us a lot about what JG prioritises and has the potential to either be exciting or slightly worrying.

13 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Just don't see how Davenport fits in? Another defensive mid, would have been useful for Sunday but that games gone now. Should be addressing lcb cover over signing another cdm IMO. 

Davenport is a left footed box to box central midfielder so not a a defensive midfielder but in any case JD said on the previous page that its not him and that its a winger that is signing. 

12 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Davenport is a left footed box to box central midfielder so not a a defensive midfielder but in any case JD said on the previous page that its not him and that its a winger that is signing. 

Been told by Blackburn fan he is like mcgeough and just as injury prone too. Wouldn't call mcgeough a box to box midfielder. Need someone who can chip in with assists and goals.