Summer 2022 Transfer Window

So, assuming McLennan finally leaves the premises, on the wings, we’ve got this new guy, plus Hayes, Kennedy, Roberts and Vinnie?

And in central defence, we’ve really only got 2. And in creative midfield, we’ve only got a currently injured Barron.

Im struggling to understand both today’s signing and Roberts last week 

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

So, assuming McLennan finally leaves the premises, on the wings, we’ve got this new guy, plus Hayes, Kennedy, Roberts and Vinnie?

And in central defence, we’ve really only got 2. And in creative midfield, we’ve only got a currently injured Barron.

Going with the "we'll score more goals than the opposition" tactic again. Only this time we've actually signed attacking players and not just relying on one guy up top.

The Bates saga is likely stalling any signings in that area, would likely have used that money and wages on another CB but now we're stuck with him for now unless either someone comes in or we spunk money on getting rid, which wouldn't be ideal considering we almost got 6 figures for him last week.  

18 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I think it seems bizarre to waste transfer fees and wages on taking both Roberts and *new player* and so quickly after spending €500k on Vinnie.

It would seem more logical to me to spend all the cash you have on one very good (international standard) player and take the second as a young loanee.

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

How come all the so called ITKers are always so cryptic? Just say who it is... if it turns out to be true then we'll all know you're really in the know.

Shayden Morris, the same guy JG openly admitted to being interested in a week or so ago. All it takes to be "ITK" on here is to pay attention to twitter or read the Evening Express ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think it seems bizarre to waste transfer fees and wages on taking both Roberts and *new player* and so quickly after spending €500k on Vinnie.

It would seem more logical to me to spend all the cash you have on one very good (international standard) player and take the second as a young loanee.

Correct. Couldn’t have spelled it out better myself. Money spunked left, right and centre but concerning that there is no clear stradagee and we are still majorly weak in other areas, badly exposed last Sunday.

What you could say is, I doubt Kennedy will be getting a new contract next season and this will probably be Hayes’ last season so maybe he’s planning ahead by signing 2 wingers this summer, plus Vinnie but to have little defensive cover, both centrally and at full back, and in creative midfield, seems a very odd transfer policy

3 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Shayden Morris, the same guy JG openly admitted to being interested in a week or so ago. All it takes to be "ITK" on here is to pay attention to twitter or read the Evening Express ?

That story was almost 2 weeks ago.  Would be a massive coincidence if the "ITK" managed to randomly guess the exact day he was signing.  

I don't really get the hate. 

29 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I think he is maybe planning Roberts as the attacking creative midfield rather than on the wing.

The strange thing for me is that we are willing to pay this amount for someone who is a young player with undoubted promise and potential but someone who isn't a guaranteed starter every week just yet rather than a proven player. Can only assume the scouting team and manger obviously think his potential is huge and we need to pay the fee now before his profile is raised too high and he is outwith our budget. I hope they have got it right but seems like a gamble to me. 

29 minutes ago, minijc said:

Imagine being you, Dozy, raging cos you da ken.

If you say so. Genuinely don't care and told you I wasn't playing your little games. I was simply replying to someone who mentions every 5 mins that he's blocked me. Glad you feel the need to bring me into it again. Enjoy your day jizz cock

1 minute ago, Daisy1903 said:

If you say so. Genuinely don't care and told you I wasn't playing your little games. I was simply replying to someone who mentions every 5 mins that he's blocked me. Glad you feel the need to bring me into it again. Enjoy your day jizz cock

Nae need to be like that Dozy and you very much are playing my game, ma hoose ma rules, cuntbag.